Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway fan

GO FUND ME SET UP TO ASSIST BIRMINGHAM AFTER FIRE AND BREAK-IN'S

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Don’t the club carry insurance for theft and damage to buildings?

This has already been explained countless times.

The Greyhound Stadium Owners stopped some Security a while ago. ARC may be familiar soon to Kent Speedway fans. You've been warned!

Damage has been almost all to vehicles and equipment NOT buildings

The age and unique nature of some of the vehicles made them un-insurable or only at a cost that was probably more than their market valuation. Their value to Speedway was incalculable as key machinery adapted for the Track.

The  surrounds of the Stadium site are part of Commonwealth Games 2022 regeneration and preparation.

A significant number of Travellers have taken advantage of the general situation and moved on to illegal sites being developed in the area.

The damage to key vehicles was mindless vandalism.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, HGould said:

This has already been explained countless times.

The Greyhound Stadium Owners stopped some Security a while ago. ARC may be familiar soon to Kent Speedway fans. You've been warned!

Damage has been almost all to vehicles and equipment NOT buildings

The age and unique nature of some of the vehicles made them un-insurable or only at a cost that was probably more than their market valuation. Their value to Speedway was incalculable as key machinery adapted for the Track.

The  surrounds of the Stadium site are part of Commonwealth Games 2022 regeneration and preparation.

A significant number of Travellers have taken advantage of the general situation and moved on to illegal sites being developed in the area.

The damage to key vehicles was mindless vandalism.

The issue of insuring equipment may be so, but it was said you either can’t get insurance or it would cost too much vs the value of the tractors. As I said before, that isn’t true. If the tractors weren’t insured then that was a big boo-boo as you most certainly can get insurance at very reasonable rates if you speak to the right people and brokers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty careless of the promotion to leave uninsured vehicles and equipment on a site with little security and in a high risk area during the winter. 

Lets hope they get in touch with Adrian Flux insurance at Kings Lynn and sort out some cover, or arrange secure storage for their machinery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

At the risk of stating the obvious; if the replaced track vehicles are road legal, and I fully understand they may not need to be if only used on the track, one solution could be possibly moving them to different locations before and after meetings.  Another suggestion, which a promoter [name redacted] told me was when the stadium got broken into and his tractors regularly vandalised, but no other damage took place, they actually caught the culprit(s) and gave them jobs working on the track.  Problem solved - no more vandalism and it worked out cheaper than constant repairs to track equipment and apparently they did good work on the track.  Obviously suggestion 2 is potentially of high risk and would depend greatly on the character of the people concerned.....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling, sigh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 3:00 PM, HGould said:

A significant number of Travellers have taken advantage of the general situation and moved on to illegal sites being developed in the area.

Really? Not that I've seen, and I walk past the place on a daily basis. What I do see though are a significant number of 24h site security personnel from the adjacent construction sites constantly in the area. If I was a vandal looking at torching some laid-up vehicles, this wouldn't have been my first choice place to do it,

Also on the subject of what's been explained before, apparently insurance CAN be obtained for fire and vandalism for business plant and machinery. At least two contributors to another thread say that they could have arranged it. But hey ho. Who needs to pay the premiums when the Go-Fund-Me Insurance Company will bail you out of a crisis?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Couldn't they borrow/lease one from Swindon or Somerset as they're not running this season, well hopefully only this season, until they can source and buy one themselves

Afterall a guest water bowser would fit into speedway quite well

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

...a guest water bowser would fit into speedway quite well

Great idea,. I wonder if Tractor Replacement would work too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Great idea,. I wonder if Tractor Replacement would work too?

The powers that be would have to do away with averages and go back to Grad[er]ing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

The powers that be would have to do away with averages and go back to Grad[er]ing

Are you taking the pits! Sometimes I wonder wheelie are people drinking to much shale . Raking up the past & blowing off air bags.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2021 at 4:40 PM, uk_martin said:

Really? Not that I've seen, and I walk past the place on a daily basis. What I do see though are a significant number of 24h site security personnel from the adjacent construction sites constantly in the area. If I was a vandal looking at torching some laid-up vehicles, this wouldn't have been my first choice place to do it,

Also on the subject of what's been explained before, apparently insurance CAN be obtained for fire and vandalism for business plant and machinery. At least two contributors to another thread say that they could have arranged it. But hey ho. Who needs to pay the premiums when the Go-Fund-Me Insurance Company will bail you out of a crisis?

What on earth are you trying to say ;), but tbh I did have similar thoughts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, BrizHeathen said:

What on earth are you trying to say ;), but tbh I did have similar thoughts.

I have an open mind on the matter until there is evidence to support one theory or another. However it's not the first time that there's been a mysterious bout of vandalism. Was the last time  in 2018 or 2019 which caused a meeting to be postponed just at the time when one of the Brummies riders was unable to be in the country to fulfill the fixture, or something like that? Not that it will ever be admitted of course.

Ever since Buster & Jonathan Chapman were allowed to get away with that mysterious electrical fault that caused their home fixture against the Brummies to be postponed in 2010, I've had a healthy doubt about calamities of convenience in the world of speedway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy