British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vince

Police priorities - public expectations

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Pinny said:

One site i was on had a shipping container cut open with a petrol discutter and about $80k worth of tools robbed and the police done nothing. Luckily i take all my hand and power tools home every night but was baffled at how poorly it was handled. 

The targeted theft of tools has sadly become an industry in itself, but only exists because there's a market for it. Find out who's selling the stuff, who's buying it, and then constantly harass these people to come-up with proof of purchase, and if they can't then confiscate the stuff at the very least. 

Same with caravans. Introduce a registration scheme so that when they're found with a unregistered non-owner that's grounds for prosecution. 

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

11 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

The targeted theft of tools has sadly become an industry in itself, but only exists because there's a market for it. Find out who's selling the stuff, who's buying it, and then constantly harass these people to come-up with proof of purchase, and if they can't then confiscate the stuff at the very least. 

Same with caravans. Introduce a registration scheme so that when they're found with a unregistered non-owner that's grounds for prosecution. 

How do you find out whose selling it ? There were reportedly 1800 Nall guns alone on eBay last week , without other things. How  much Police time will take to find all these things out  when they can’t even get round to investigate things like theft of Vinces bike ? If criminals can forge passports , and forge currency do seriously think it’s beyond their wit to produce a proof of purchase that suggests they bought it 5 years ago from some shop or market stall that has now closed or disappeared.

• Like 1

It gets worse, if the Police cannot prove conclusively who something belongs to they have to hand it back. So if my bike is found but they've ground the numbers off the chances are they'll get to keep it as far as the law is concerned. 

4 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Many of these thefts are committed by a certain group of people that we musn't mention, for fear of discrimination. Just like many of the stolen dogs, the stolen items get moved around the country and away from the area of the 'investigating' police force. Such is life these days i'm afraid, throwing resources at theft is no longer a priority compared to serious 'hurty word crime'...

Stolen dogs is just as bad  as stolen tools.There are posters up round here about dogs stolen from the Slough area on the opposite side of London . They are farm dogs and in effect the tools of the farmers trade.  I feel so sorry for him. The people that do this don’t have a shred of decency. They dont deserve to be classed as humans,

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Stolen dogs is just as bad  as stolen tools.There are posters up round here about dogs stolen from the Slough area on the opposite side of London . They are farm dogs and in effect the tools of the farmers trade.  I feel so sorry for him. The people that do this don’t have a shred of decency. They dont deserve to be classed as humans,

Anyone caught stealing dogs should end up in a tin of pedigree chum...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

How about making it legal to require people who aren't paying tax, so presumably not working to explain where they earned the money to live on and pay for their van or car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vince said:

How about making it legal to require people who aren't paying tax, so presumably not working to explain where they earned the money to live on and pay for their van or car.

Maybe that's where a cashless society plays it's part,,, gonna be quite hard to skim payments once there's a digital trail?

2 hours ago, Vince said:

Well they'll also be chasing a few billionaires on their superyachts then, demanding to know what lorry it fell off the back of... :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vince said:

How about a law that anyone who lives in a caravan more than two months a year  has to pay a base rate of £20,000 a year tax an# is not allowed to leave the field the caravan is parked in . That should stop tool and dog theft by about 99% . Any caravans illegally parked get confiscated and given to the homeless.

6 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Anyone caught stealing dogs should end up in a tin of pedigree chum...

Very true as should this charming Manchester Sgt Martin Dunn for punching his 5 month puppy several times, no this guy isn't even getting the sack or even suspended but he does face an internal investigation which im sure he is rightly bricking himself!!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/gmp-firearms-cop-who-punched-20457849

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

50 minutes ago, rjsj9803 said:

Very true as should this charming Manchester Sgt Martin Dunn for punching his 5 month puppy several times, no this guy isn't even getting the sack or even suspended but he does face an internal investigation which im sure he is rightly bricking himself!!

And yet there’s some who deny police brutality exists... :angry:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yesterday the Police were called to the A33 just north of Winchester because an estimated 200 travellers were shutting the road with their vehicles so they could hold some trotting races.

Obviously the locals called the Police who promptly closed the road officially. Just to be on the safe side they shut the road again today so they could have some more racing.

The Police did manage to pick up 3 illegal vehicles and a drug driving offence which while a drop in the ocean is an unexpected bonus.

In the meantime the locals continue to be inconvenienced by both the road closure and the presence of the 'travellers' although I'm sure any increase in local criminal behaviour is entirely coincidental.

The hotel whose grounds they have set themselves up in illegally have had to hire dog patrols and other security staff to ensure the safety of their property and personnel as it has to be assumed the Police are unable to to attend on their behalf!

Edited by Vince
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 3:12 AM, Vince said:

Bang on there. 

Bit of a follow up to the stolen bike situation.

The guy who had £35k of bikes stolen was on FB checking out the culprits pages yet again and saw a picture of one of the lads on one of the stolen bikes in a garden that had been put up literally 2 minutes earlier. He phoned the Police, explained that he had checked on Google earth and the garden was definitely the lads home address and he had pictures of the same bike and there was enough evidence to be 100% certain it was his bike. The Police said that was not enough evidence for them to take action as the picture could have been taken at any time.

Apparently, and I'm sure it was just a coincidence, 4 blokes visited this lads address that evening but he wasn't home so they beat a hole in the shed so they could look inside but the bike wasn't there. They then went to another address and opened a garage door they had presumably been informed the gang used to store goods and there were over 20 bicycles in there but no motorcycles. In another coincidence there was an anonymous tip off made to the Police giving the address of the garage and explaining about the contents, 2 days later the garage remained in exactly the same condition with a bent door and the bicycles inside.

On the plus side my bike has been seen being ridden around on an estate so is still about. They use the local parks and being thieves nothing is done about them riding illegally unlike honest bike owners who take a bike onto public land. I suspect that if somebody were to accidently knock one or more of these lads off a bike, cause them any injury and make off with the machine the Police will be visiting soon after. But at least we know about how much evidence they need in order to see if you have the bike now!