British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gasser90

Eurosport

On 5/4/2021 at 7:30 PM, ray c said:

i think it will be nigel kelvin and steve brandon 

Commentary & presentation "out of the top drawer" then. I hope that they have added 3 or 4 ( or even half a dozen!) new phrases to go into the new era?

13 hours ago, ray c said:

i am sure they will we have only missed races when we have joined after the meeting has started 

But some points on that issue. Why can they not start to show the races we have missed, miss out the gaps in between races, and gradually catch up until live.

If a sport, such as tennis or snooker (obviously difficult to predict and end time), does over run, why do they have to show some presentation, and or interview, after the game., and why do they have to promote some future event, before switching to the scheduled event?

On 5/5/2021 at 11:12 AM, Brummies_Ste said:

At least 60 minutes will be adverts.

and 15 minutes racing :lol:

On 5/5/2021 at 12:26 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Also they will be around the grounds reporting live.

All both of them :o

Edited by iainb

Seem to be lots of postponed matches  in the Polish leagues this year so far...

(Nothing to do with no/reduced crowds and the hope that full crowds can enter later in the season I am sure)..;)

In the SS, Oliver Berntzon mentions that this 'slow start' to the season means he has a good many meetings condensed into a relatively short period of time, meaning he is having to stay in Poland to ensure he will be available for them all..

He also said that they were racing three meetings in five days in the coming weeks to catch up...

I think the BSPL might need to keep Monday's Eurosport fixture the only meeting to be ran that day if the same thing will apply to the rest of the riders...

• Like 1

Any announcement yet about the fixtures they will cover? Saw Belle Vue Sheffield promoted between snooker frames recently, but nothing else. I suspect some fixture changes were due to Eurosport rather than just rearranging matches prior to May 17th. 

It’s the big Eurosport launch day today at NSS so presume we will get more news laters about presenters and fixtures etc. 

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Will Belle Vue become the new Poole with there meetings shown every other week

I hope so!

• Like 2

QUEST have a Speedway highlights programme at 2300 hrs on Tuesday night, 18th May...one hour... so at least anyone without Eurosport can watch on Freeview

Good to have Speedway back  on a standard platform

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So who is Abi Stephens? Does she have a Speedway background? Her face seems familiar

7 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Will Belle Vue become the new Poole with there meetings shown every other week

No. We are nothing like Poole, never have been and never will be.

• Like 1