British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vince

Martin Bashir

We have heard a lot about Bashir and Princess Diana that appears to show him in a very poor light indeed.

However we haven't heard much about his role in reporting about the 'babes in the woods murders' a few years after the event. It seems that he was involved in personally approaching one of the girls mothers and asking if he could take the clothes the child was wearing when murdered for further DNA testing. He explained they were making a program about the advances in forensics and DNA in particular and they might be able to obtain new evidence to help the hunt for the murderer. He personally wrote out and signed a receipt for the clothes which were subsequently never returned and have been lost.

When asked about this by a Times reporter he first denied covering the murders at all and then said he had no memory of having taken the clothes. I'm certain that if I took the clothes of a murdered child from her parent I would never forget it and if I then failed to assure they were returned would find the guilt overwhelming. I think this speaks far more about the character of the man than his deceit towards Princess Diana but of course being about a normal member of the public won't be considered anywhere near as newsworthy.

Babes in the Wood victim's mum wants Martin Bashir inquiry - BBC News

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Vince said:

We have heard a lot about Bashir and Princess Diana that appears to show him in a very poor light indeed.

However we haven't heard much about his role in reporting about the 'babes in the woods murders' a few years after the event. It seems that he was involved in personally approaching one of the girls mothers and asking if he could take the clothes the child was wearing when murdered for further DNA testing. He explained they were making a program about the advances in forensics and DNA in particular and they might be able to obtain new evidence to help the hunt for the murderer. He personally wrote out and signed a receipt for the clothes which were subsequently never returned and have been lost.

When asked about this by a Times reporter he first denied covering the murders at all and then said he had no memory of having taken the clothes. I'm certain that if I took the clothes of a murdered child from her parent I would never forget it and if I then failed to assure they were returned would find the guilt overwhelming. I think this speaks far more about the character of the man than his deceit towards Princess Diana but of course being about a normal member of the public won't be considered anywhere near as newsworthy.

Babes in the Wood victim's mum wants Martin Bashir inquiry - BBC News

The clothing the children were wearing when murdered would be retained by the police indefinitely, they are evidence.

14 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

The clothing the children were wearing when murdered would be retained by the police indefinitely, they are evidence.

Obviously the most important thing about this is whether I got it wrong and the clothes weren't the ones the child died in but just some of her clothes :angry:

4 minutes ago, Vince said:

Obviously the most important thing about this is whether I got it wrong and the clothes weren't the ones the child died in but just some of her clothes :angry:

None of the clothes would have been returned. Better.

So the mother lied about handing clothes to Bashir, the receipt for the clothes that was verified by the  BBC doesn't exist and its all made up. 

Says a lot that what you take from this is the chance to be a pedant rather than empathise with the parent of a murdered child. Bashir would be proud of you. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vince said:

So the mother lied about handing clothes to Bashir, the receipt for the clothes that was verified by the  BBC doesn't exist and its all made up. 

Says a lot that what you take from this is the chance to be a pedant rather than empathise with the parent of a murdered child. Bashir would be proud of you. 

Someone is lying.

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

Someone is lying.

True - but it seems strange to accuse a grieving mother when the other party has just recently been outed as a liar and a bit of a heartless one at that.  IMO

Posted (edited)

There is evidence in the form of a receipt hand written and signed by Bashir that has been verified by the BBC who also admit the clothing was lost.

But as usual Diamondboy thinks that trolling makes him important without any cares whatsoever about the seriousness of the subject of course he knows more than the Police force involved as well.

Sussex Police said it was aware of claims Mr Bashir had not returned items of clothing, but said it had "no material impact on the investigation then or later, or on the 2018 prosecution" of Bishop.

It said that forensic evidence had already been obtained in 1986, before the clothing was returned to Karen's family at their request.

Material obtained from the clothing before it was returned included DNA evidence "which only became accessible many years later due to advances in forensic technology and which was crucial in securing Bishop's eventual conviction", it said.

Edited by Vince
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lioness said:

True - but it seems strange to accuse a grieving mother when the other party has just recently been outed as a liar and a bit of a heartless one at that.  IMO

It also  could be said that timing of her story is odd.,seeing how many years ago at the moment its just her word .Best we all wait untill we get the whole story 

Edited by Toto

9 hours ago, Vince said:

There is evidence in the form of a receipt hand written and signed by Bashir that has been verified by the BBC who also admit the clothing was lost.

But as usual Diamondboy thinks that trolling makes him important without any cares whatsoever about the seriousness of the subject of course he knows more than the Police force involved as well.

Sussex Police said it was aware of claims Mr Bashir had not returned items of clothing, but said it had "no material impact on the investigation then or later, or on the 2018 prosecution" of Bishop.

It said that forensic evidence had already been obtained in 1986, before the clothing was returned to Karen's family at their request.

Material obtained from the clothing before it was returned included DNA evidence "which only became accessible many years later due to advances in forensic technology and which was crucial in securing Bishop's eventual conviction", it said.

You do not return any evidence to anyone, I cannot make it any simpler for you.

1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

You do not return any evidence to anyone, I cannot make it any simpler for you.

You'll forgive me for thinking the Police force in charge of said evidence might know better than you what happened to it I'm sure. 

And of course evidence is tested and returned on a daily basis or no stolen property used in court cases would ever go back to the owner. Simple enough for you whatever user name you decide to use for replying? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vince said:

You'll forgive me for thinking the Police force in charge of said evidence might know better than you what happened to it I'm sure. 

And of course evidence is tested and returned on a daily basis or no stolen property used in court cases would ever go back to the owner. Simple enough for you whatever user name you decide to use for replying? 

Shame your bike wont be lol

2 hours ago, Toto said:

Shame your bike wont be lol

You sound like the sort of scum who would nick it, they are cowardly little runts hiding behind aliases too.

And I wouldn't be so sure the bike won't be back.

17 hours ago, Vince said:

Evidence in a murder case is never returned, we are not talking stolen property here. No trolling here, regardless of what the hell you think pal.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

Evidence in a murder case is never returned, we are not talking stolen property here. No trolling here, regardless of what the hell you think pal.

Did that apply in the 1980's?

Did you not say ANY evidence, hence my reply? 

Why would the Police lie about returning the clothing? 

Is it possible that the returned clothing wasn't used as evidence so could be returned? 

I'm not your pal whatever name you happen to use. 

Edited by Vince