Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Berwick 9th June 2021. Championship

Recommended Posts

Basically 6pts down between Heat 5 - Heat 14 you can use a tac sub once but not in Heat 8. Normal points system

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Streamed it as mentioned no commentary first 4 heats but no other problems for the rest of meeting was impressed with Cook last night ,who also impressed last Friday on Glasgows stream.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

I see the Berwick website match report calls Hans Andersen ‘a ringer’. The referee must have deemed his inclusion permissible and there has been no mention of a protest. Bad form from the Bandits in my view.

Personally would prefer Hans to Schlien....Hans would score big points everywhere.....Schlein won’t.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Personally would prefer Hans to Schlien....Hans would score big points everywhere.....Schlein won’t.

Hans was testing an engine last night. So good job it worked well! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Personally would prefer Hans to Schlien....Hans would score big points everywhere.....Schlein won’t.

Im not a fan of Hans, tbh. However, I do agree with you on this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BobC said:

Im not a fan of Hans, tbh. However, I do agree with you on this.

Andersen would clean up at championship level, he will clean up even in the premiership imo. 
 

Would much prefer Andersen over Scheiln. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BobC said:

Im not a fan of Hans, tbh. However, I do agree with you on this.

watch the meeting on stream and we noticed what a good team man hans is out there after every race when the lads came back in . always thought he should have  been in his career at poole a lot longer than he was  just my opinion of course 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hans was only able to do the meeting because he has not taken part in the Danish Individual Championship on Wednesday.

Other Wednesdays would bring clashes with Danish League meetings as well as any travelling issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus it is Rory's final year. You can have Hans next year! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Plus it is Rory's final year. You can have Hans next year! ;)

yes of course if there is such a thing  :t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 9:51 PM, lisa-colette said:

Well some of us wrote the heat scores down, so I knew what was going on! At least Poole are streaming, not every club is so just be thankful for that! First try at it so can only get better. 

Beam me up snotty! lol

The stream at the start was appalling and it got better as the night went on.  As for the heat scores, I could easily keep that just in my head (no need to write them down!) but it wasn't easy to see/work out who was racing (especially Berwick) and who scored what until the commentary kicked in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to bring a few positives to the forum, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting (apart from all the restrictions). 

When I looked at our team I thought maybe Ben Cook could be the weak link, just shows what I know! Danyon Hume looked a lot better than his zero score would suggest and I was impressed that Zane Keleher took the opportunity to practice after the meeting.  Everybody I think will improve as they get used to the track. And how good did the track look? I haven't seen it as smooth as that for a while!

Also, even though I am an old 'un, It was great to hear some music that wasn't from 50 years ago!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Pirate Rich said:

Just to bring a few positives to the forum, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting (apart from all the restrictions). 

When I looked at our team I thought maybe Ben Cook could be the weak link, just shows what I know! Danyon Hume looked a lot better than his zero score would suggest and I was impressed that Zane Keleher took the opportunity to practice after the meeting.  Everybody I think will improve as they get used to the track. And how good did the track look? I haven't seen it as smooth as that for a while!

Also, even though I am an old 'un, It was great to hear some music that wasn't from 50 years ago!

Great post - thoroughly agree. Great music from the new DJ (although some of my 'younger' group weren't to impressed with the music choices!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff, Andy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy