British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

GP 2021 rounds 1 and 2 Prague Fri/Sun 16th/18th July live on BT Sport

4 hours ago, neb said:

what a breath of fresh air it was listening to Chris louis who actually knows what he is talking about instead of the clueless screaming Pearson, more of Chris louis for me please.

You may want to read this:

https://start.ticketco.events/uk/blog/tips-to-deliver-perfect-sports-commentary-with-examples/

:rofl:

6 hours ago, iainb said:

He went out of his way to say hello to them... he didn't have to

Easy words 

22 hours ago, Red Flag said:

No denying it’s much weaker over here but you have to factor in his can’t be arsed and stuff the fans attitude that has seen him bombed out of every team he’s rode for

KK's middle name has never been "Consistency" and at this stage never will be. 3-0-2-0-0

42 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

KK's middle name has never been "Consistency" and at this stage never will be. 3-0-2-0-0

Was pretty consistent in 2014 tbf. 8 points away from being World Champion. But I know exactly what you mean

On 7/19/2021 at 4:49 PM, iainb said:

I did have a read of this, an awful lot of it is common sense, but this one section stood out:

Quality commentary

Earlier this year, TicketCo Media Services helped UK ice hockey clubs successfully stage the inaugural NIHL Spring Cup via the Streaming Series. All matches were live streamed into the homes of thousands of ice hockey fans worldwide. Clubs reported one of fans’ biggest areas of praise or concern regarding live streaming was the quality of commentary provided.
Nigel understands why this was the case.

“You can’t go over the top when a goal goes in or a try is scored,” he said. “Don’t scream your head off so your voice cannot handle it. Play to your strengths, do what you think your voice can manage and don’t stretch your voice so it sounds painful.”

However given the criticism that Nigel very frequently gets from a very significant number, I'm not too sure he takes notice himself. It was noticeable on Sunday that the commentary in general was much calmer, more informative and less "pally" which all things being equal, made it a far more pleasurable listening (and by default, viewing) pleasure. I for one would like to see Sunday's commentary team retained as I felt that they greatly enhanced the viewing experience. Chances of that are very slim though unfortunatley.

• Like 3

Only just watched Sunday’s meeting, having been away all week. What a pleasure the standard of commentary was throughout. If Nigel Pearson wants any tips, listen to the way Kelvin and Chris went about it. He’s supposed to be the “pro” at the job, they’re just sat-alongside-experts adding comments. They came across so much more “pro” than Nigel. Well done, Kelvin and Chris, I for one will be sorry  when Nigel’s back behind the microphone.

• Like 2