British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Leicester v Oxford 27th May

Stewart said leicester riders wanted it slick but thats not what the fans want...... poor advert for the sport.

10 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Definitely seemed a bit lost being by himself tonight, at least with someone else you’ve got someone to bounce questions off etc. I know he gets grief for his commentary at times but fair play for doing it by himself I’d be bricking it if it was me haha.

Abi even praising him for his solo commentary as if last year never happened

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Does Chris Harris wear a barrel under his race suit?

An air jacket lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Abi even praising him for his solo commentary as if last year never happened

Abi and Kelv on commentary with Scotty doing the presenting needs to happen. 

• Like 1

One good race and the rest was follow my leader.

When quality racers struggle to pass then it just shows a track prepared for gating and entertainment goes out of the window.

Enjoyed the racing from Birmingham shown tonight in the track grade intervals.

When will promoters get in their heads that ENTERTAINMENT should be their priority

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

An air jacket lol

I know he used to, not sure if he still does? Looks similar to the protection Lee Complin used to use

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

I know he used to, not sure if he still does? Looks similar to the protection Lee Complin used to use

He’s just big boned haha. Or maybe he should try the diet Richie Worrall used.. or maybe not on second thoughts…

• Haha 1

Just now, KIRKYLANE said:

When quality racers struggle to pass then it just shows a track prepared for gating and entertainment goes out of the window.

When will promoters get in their heads that ENTERTAINMENT should be their priority

That really depends on what entertains you, some are entertained by the racing some by winning. 

Eurosport showed races from Brum all night then neglect to show heat 15 and the super heat, you can always rely on Eurosport to let you down. They really should have been at Brum tonight. 

As for Leicester, as solid a display as it was, still only 1 rider returning double figures, when they come up against teams with 2 decent heat leaders they're going to continue to come unstuck in my opinion

10 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

Abi and Kelv on commentary with Scotty doing the presenting needs to happen. 

A bit left field... but yeah, could be fun :t:

1 minute ago, iainb said:

A bit left field... but yeah, could be fun :t:

Women’s rights and all that… if it’s good enough for men’s football.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Best get them in charge on a bus to see proper speedway at the GT tyres northside arena at worky:D

Pretty dull watch with the odd decent heat but Leicester has never been a good race track.

Oxford were pretty awful tho. Nothing magic about Janowski neither.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

That really depends on what entertains you, some are entertained by the racing some by winning. 

Eurosport showed races from Brum all night then neglect to show heat 15 and the super heat, you can always rely on Eurosport to let you down. They really should have been at Brum tonight. 

As for Leicester, as solid a display as it was, still only 1 rider returning double figures, when they come up against teams with 2 decent heat leaders they're going to continue to come unstuck in my opinion

They were both on Discovery+

For me the highlight was the cameraman concentrating on the serious gardening at the starts, whilst Chris just sits back and watches the nonsense, then he just nonchalantly tolls forward when the Marshall eventually calls them to the line, and off he goes and saved some wear and tear on his boots.  :)