British Speedway Forum
Badge

Ipswich v Leicester KOC 30th May

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Could be an ideal trial for the rider as well as helping us out. It gives him or someone similar who has dabbled with the idea of doing the UK but didn’t want to commit to a full season, the perfect opportunity to give it a go. If it’s to their liking, it gives them encouragement for a contract here in 2025, or staying on here this season and join someone else when Doyle returns. There’s bound to be clubs looking for a quality rider in a month or so’s time.

Yes. The Stars need a Dude type asap.:)

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

He/she was talking about Ben Cook being a preferable guest for Ellis over Batch GM. Craig Cook is indeed good at Foxhall more often than not. 

ah got ya - too many cooks and all that!

Zach Cook recall him having a blinder for Wolves last year too!:D

Just now, GeneralMelchett said:

ah got ya - too many cooks and all that!

Zach Cook recall him having a blinder for Wolves last year too!:D

Zach has had a much better time of it around Foxhall for sure!

Let's see if Doyley rides in Prague first hey? I know cracked ribs are painful but we know how hard he is.

3 hours ago, Bash said:

Can't understand going RR when only four premiership teams in action. Could we not have got someone like Bewley to guest for Doyle? No problem with Nicholls but could've gone for someone like Ben Cook a better option than Batch. I know they have said that the two guests aren't associated with any Premiership clubs, but BV are out of the cup so it's not going to affect BV's league position.

Be because there's a GP 2 days later 

27 minutes ago, Badge said:

Let's see if Doyley rides in Prague first hey? I know cracked ribs are painful but we know how hard he is.

He’s not allowed to ride for 15 days from the date Grudziadz used ZZ or R/R in UK terms, so that rules him out riding anywhere until after 8th June be that Poland, UK, Denmark or World Championship events 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 4BM said:

He’s not allowed to ride for 15 days from the date Grudziadz used ZZ or R/R in UK terms, so that rules him out riding anywhere until after 8th June be that Poland, UK, Denmark or World Championship events 

That is what Max Fricke thought last night that due to this rule he would be in at Prague however Phil Morris has advised differently if Doyle is medically passed fit by FIM doctor then he can take his place in GP.

The FIM regulations which the PZM have agreed to appear to allow him to ride in GPs if fit 

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 4

Sounds like the tail trying to wag the dog!

20 hours ago, 4BM said:

Grudziądz were a joke last night. I’m currently in Poland and went to the stał Gorzów race which Grudziądz refused to race in after waiting in the stadium for 4 hours. They ripped up the track and re done the whole thing and Grudziądz still refused to race. How they could ride a track like a carpet but can ride in England is beyond me. I guess that’s a different forum altogether though haha

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Grudziądz were a joke last night. I’m currently in Poland and went to the stał Gorzów race which Grudziądz refused to race in after waiting in the stadium for 4 hours. They ripped up the track and re done the whole thing and Grudziądz still refused to race. How they could ride a track like a carpet but can ride in England is beyond me. I guess that’s a different forum altogether though haha

Both sides refused

PZM have announced it as a double walkover with both sides getting no points and the meeting will not be rerun 

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Both sides refused

PZM have announced it as a double walkover with both sides getting no points and the meeting will not be rerun 

Gorzów didn’t refuse, they came out and tested the track which the opposition did not take part and refused. Woźniak tested the track and wrote it was rideable just hard. And they have shown the signed document which doesn’t state stal refused. I live in Ipswich and Gorzów. So to see Grudziądz refuse to race due to losing Doyle is frustrating as an Ipswich witches fan as we always have to ride without him. Scandal at the highest level for Ekstraliga. We waited 5 hours in the stadium for the circus. 

On 5/28/2024 at 5:50 PM, Badge said:

I think everybody knows the answer to that question 

• Like 1

I think the person doing the fixtures for the BSPL website needs to have a lie down.

We've already got the fact that Leicester could need to be in two places at once on Monday. That is, they are scheduled to be at Oxford in the league and Birmingham in the (slightly) unlikely event that Leicester win on aggregate tonight at Ipswich in the KO Cup.
Add to that. The fixtures show that Ipswich are at Birmingham on Monday, TWICE. KO Cup semi (so Leicester are definitely not going to win tonight) and a league match. Both starting at 7.30 (will they have two heat 1's then two heat 2's and so on?).
And finally. Next Thursday it's Leicester or Ipswich vs Birmingham (so Leicester still might win tonight).

Confused? You won't be after this episode of Soap (who remembers that one?)

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 6:02 PM, Wolfie456 said:

Be because there's a GP 2 days later 

Confirmation that Jason will not be at the Prague GP on Saturday. Max Fricke, as first reserve, takes his place:

https://www.speedway-prague.cz/za-doyla-zaskoci-max-fricke/

• Sad 1