British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ThinBlueWitch

Ipswich v Birmingham KOC 2nd Leg 06/06

2 hours ago, Bash said:

This is what is wrong with some of the rules in speedway, we can't use Scott Nicholls again because of the 8 day rule but we can use Sam Masters who rode for the opposition last week in the same meeting as Scott. I suppose the only benefit of this rule is we can't use Batch this week!

Scott could have been used as a guest for Jason. Perhaps he we asked but declined as he didn't want to do four meetings in a week. 8 day rule does not apply when riding as a guest for the home #1.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

No they can’t 

It was tongue in cheek!!

You can’t use RR for Dan Thompson surely. 

that means no RS in your team. Making the team illegal. 

3 minutes ago, Witches1998 said:

Different rules if the RS has moved into the top 5. R/R is then an option 

Messenger_creation_d859a359-4b03-4b8f-bf63-9c24b18bcd12.jpeg

That’s ridiculous 

Rules are. Teams have to use a RS. Yet tomorrow Ipswich can have an extra liga rider take a ride. A former British champ in Ellis take a ride. 

BSPL made a big mistake here. 

11 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

That’s ridiculous 

Rules are. Teams have to use a RS. Yet tomorrow Ipswich can have an extra liga rider take a ride. A former British champ in Ellis take a ride. 

BSPL made a big mistake here. 

Dan T has been much improved this season and deserves to be in the 1-5 but r/r should not be an option, it seems yet again they have messed up the rules.

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Dan T has been much improved this season and deserves to be in the 1-5 but r/r should not be an option, it seems yet again they have messed up the rules.

Yeah he does deserve it. No denying that. He’s been fantastic. 

I don’t think bspl really thought of this when doing the rules. 

25 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

No they never think through the rules properly.

28 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He’s improved more than any other rising star, and has progressed through to the main body. That’s Ipswich’ gain for picking him, and staying with him again this season. Why should Ipswich then be punished when he’s missing by having to replace him by Hodder or another clearly inferior rising star who will undoubtedly score 0,0,0? Why is it wrong to use R/R for him like you can any other member of the top 5? Seems totally fair to me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aries said:

He’s improved more than any other rising star, and has progressed through to the main body. That’s Ipswich’ gain for picking him, and staying with him again this season. Why should Ipswich then be punished when he’s missing by having to replace him by Hodder or another clearly inferior rising star who will undoubtedly score 0,0,0? Why is it wrong to use R/R for him like you can any other member of the top 5? Seems totally fair to me. 

Because he’s a rising star.  Good season or not.

lets look at it another way. Why when your RS is at reserve you can only get a guest from the rising star list??? What is the difference. Nothing 

43 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Of course they thought of it  it is a specific paragraph in the rules. It is a clear act of commission, not an omission through oversight.

Whether it is a wisely drawn regulation is certainly up for debate though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

lets look at it another way. Why when your RS is at reserve you can only get a guest from the rising star list??? What is the difference. Nothing 

Clearly it’s a reward for progression and earning yourself a place in the main body of the team, which is why the scheme is there in the first place. It’s not a special rule just for Ipswich and nobody else. If any of the others show the same progression and move out of the reserve berths then they’ll also be granted the same facility. The rules are for all clubs, not just one. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aries said:

Clearly it’s a reward for progression and earning yourself a place in the main body of the team, which is why the scheme is there in the first place. It’s not a special rule just for Ipswich and nobody else. If any of the others show the same progression and move out of the reserve berths then they’ll also be granted the same facility. The rules are for all clubs, not just one. 

I’m not saying Ipswich are bending the rules or anything. It’s clear the rules there. But that’s an oversight for me there. They not thought that through at all. Easy for clubs to manipulate that rule but saying a riders injured etc. (not saying that’s what Ipswich done)

the rule is wrong to me. Not Ipswich 

Basically the rule contradicts itself. 

first it says you MUST use a rising star rider. 

But at same time you can use R/R meaning you are not fielding a RS 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Because he’s a rising star.  Good season or not.

The difference is that Dan has qualified to be in Ipswich's 1 -5 so deserves to be treated the same way as any other rider in a club's main body of a team.

Suppose this ruling existed in 2022 would you have supported the notion of Tom Brennan's absence covered by only an unattached rising star once he had made Belle Vue's 1 - 5