British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gr8scot

Redcar V Edinburgh 14/6/24

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Problem being his supposed heat leader parter is god awful.

Fact is it just ain't working for us just now despite some good returns from some.  2 points from 5 matches and 9th out of 9 is getting a bit too squeaky for comfort.  Next 2 matches with League leaders now look challenging it would appear.  Maybe a couple of tweaks required before we get anchored at #9 ?

Well done Danny King, pulled it out the bag when it mattered. Best he has ridden all season.King Charles came good thankfully in the end. Also Dan Gilkes impressed.

For the Monarchs Sedgmen looked untouchable in his first three then disappeared in 13. Pickering plenty of effort and I thought was robbed in heat one personally. Castagna good as well 

Heat 13 was excellent thankfully but other than that it was rather processional.

• Like 1

Dayle Wood seems to have come on a bundle since last year. I don't know what he's like at Armadale but he seemed so much more in control and safer than last season. 

The automated starting system didn't seem to be in use tonight with the ref telegraphing his over elaborate button presses to anybody who cared to look at him. 

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

Dayle Wood seems to have come on a bundle since last year. I don't know what he's like at Armadale but he seemed so much more in control and safer than last season. 

The automated starting system didn't seem to be in use tonight with the ref telegraphing his over elaborate button presses to anybody who cared to look at him. 

Don't think the riders look at the Ref though?

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

Don't think the riders look at the Ref though?

I know, maybe they should, they might be missing a trick

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, iainb said:

deleted 

Edited by edmon
Innacurate information 

Good to see Pickering giving it 100% in heat 13. His efforts helped prevent a Monarchs tac sub in heat 14 and a potential  5-1 which would have  made heat 15 even more interesting. I hate it when fans say we should have lost a 5-1 so we can use a tactical in another race. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Problem being his supposed heat leader parter is god awful.

Kye has had some bad matches, such as last night, that can't be denied. But he's also had some good matches. His average is much the same as last year, granted in a weaker league you'd expect it to go up. But just because he's a "heat leader" doesn't mean he'll knock in double figures ever match.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Kye has had some bad matches, such as last night, that can't be denied. But he's also had some good matches. His average is much the same as last year, granted in a weaker league you'd expect it to go up. But just because he's a "heat leader" doesn't mean he'll knock in double figures ever match.

I’m not expecting him to do that I’d be expecting him to at least beat his counterpart once away form home and not just struggling to beat reserves like has been on several occasions.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Good to see Pickering giving it 100% in heat 13. His efforts helped prevent a Monarchs tac sub in heat 14 and a potential  5-1 which would have  made heat 15 even more interesting. I hate it when fans say we should have lost a 5-1 so we can use a tactical in another race. 

so does that mean that josh was riding for his own personal gain .shame on you josh . fancy going to work and doing your beast and its  still aint good enough .

but Edburgher were still on the wrong end of a 5. 1 in heat 15 .  

if only speedway was that simple , everyone would be doing it .

maybe the team manager should  manage the team and stop thinking about riders wages and how he saved  the company money .

Edited by j2ohh

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I like the notion that a speedway rider is doing maths while hurtling around at 60 mph inches from a fence. Many riders don’t know even what the score is there’s too much going on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So much for my worry about the weather forecast…… there was dust rising in the car park and off the track. Great work by the track staff for keeping it relatively under control.

The biggest difference between us was the zeros, far too many for us I’m afraid but that said, plaudits to Charles & Danny in 13 & 15 - fully committed racing and to wee Josh for his usual buzzing about trying every line available, Danny had his work cut out in 13.

Nice to see Dayle in the points, I must put my hands up and admit I was raging when I saw him listed but the guy can gate so fingers crossed he can kick on. He is too good for the youngsters league so he needs to progress.

Sedgy was gating like a demon and kept our score alive but someone must’ve stole his boots at ht 13, I would still have given him ht15 tho’.
Paco on the ball but Kye was unwell and struggled. I wonder if Connor drew square speedway tracks when he was a child???
Biggest disappointment was ht 1 being stopped as that was the best gate I have ever seen from Josh

4 hours ago, IanBrannan said:

I like the notion that a speedway rider is doing maths while hurtling around at 60 mph inches from a fence. Many riders don’t know even what the score is there’s too much going on. 

I prefer the notion that the team manager knows the score and either the team manager didn't didn't tell him to lose a 5-1 or Pickering ignored him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

So much for my worry about the weather forecast…… there was dust rising in the car park and off the track. Great work by the track staff for keeping it relatively under control.

The biggest difference between us was the zeros, far too many for us I’m afraid but that said, plaudits to Charles & Danny in 13 & 15 - fully committed racing and to wee Josh for his usual buzzing about trying every line available, Danny had his work cut out in 13.

Nice to see Dayle in the points, I must put my hands up and admit I was raging when I saw him listed but the guy can gate so fingers crossed he can kick on. He is too good for the youngsters league so he needs to progress.

Sedgy was gating like a demon and kept our score alive but someone must’ve stole his boots at ht 13, I would still have given him ht15 tho’.
Paco on the ball but Kye was unwell and struggled. I wonder if Connor drew square speedway tracks when he was a child???
Biggest disappointment was ht 1 being stopped as that was the best gate I have ever seen from Josh

Dayle a nice guy and does need to progress but would rather it wasn’t in the Monarchs team. Connor has been disappointing. Need a bit more from Kye and Lasse if promotion going to stick with Coles.

Connor looks neat enough hugging the white line 

But once moved out he was all over place 

Been around long enough now looks like national league is his level

• Like 1