British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Edinburgh Vs Scunthorpe (Championship) 21/6/24

I'd fancy Scunthorpe's chances of both teams had their 1-7 but with Rider Replacement AGAIN!! for Palm Toft and Mickie Simpson riding for Harrison. Edinburgh should win by about 10-12 points

Monarchs have swapped Thomson and Fredriksen in their riding order

No guests available ,or Rob saving money?  Prove me wrong, but I despair sometimes and question club's ambition with  Rider Replacement on away trips.

6 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

No guests available ,or Rob saving money?  Prove me wrong, but I despair sometimes and question club's ambition with  Rider Replacement on away trips.

No guests were willing to do it, Rob tried tirelessly to get someone

• Like 1

I guess no one is available (only Workington,  Poole and Plymouth not riding) or don't want to ride at Edinburgh.

I'm surprised with Harrison now having a 4.00 average they couldn't get better then someone who struggles majorly with Bike issues in the National league. Jacob Hook ex Edinburgh rider for example 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

I guess no one is available (only Workington,  Poole and Plymouth not riding) or don't want to ride at Edinburgh.

I'm surprised with Harrison now having a 4.00 average they couldn't get better then someone who struggles majorly with Bike issues in the National league. Jacob Hook ex Edinburgh rider for example 

If you look at MPT average not much choice. All Poole HLs are too high, so really just Zach Cook. Plymouth only ones can use are everyone below Barker (not really HLs). Worky could have Vissing, Tate but prob not fit yet or fly in Vuolas. 

Oh, not Vissing actually as you not at home! Bit unlucky there as averages are so close! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

I'd fancy Scunthorpe's chances of both teams had their 1-7 but with Rider Replacement AGAIN!! for Palm Toft and Mickie Simpson riding for Harrison. Edinburgh should win by about 10-12 points

6 teams racing Friday so not a lot of choice of guests 

hope we have some for Workington on Saturday 

Can only see a home win here let's hope we can keep it fairly close so we can pick up the bonus point at the EWR

12 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Lasse can’t catch a break. With the best will in the world he’s going to struggle at no.3

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

Lasse can’t catch a break. With the best will in the world he’s going to struggle at no.3

In this match number 3 could be easier, gets an extra race against Lambert & a reserve in heat 12, rather than Mountain & a reserve in heat 8.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, scunny1 said:

No guests available, or Rob saving money? Prove me wrong, but I despair sometimes and question club's ambition with Rider Replacement on away trips.

Scunny have a good top 5, all riders get a ride, so I don't see r/r as a weak option.

Look at Poole, used a guest who scored 0 when they could have used r/r.

Maybe r/r saves money, doesn't mean that's why they've done it.

But definitely should be stronger at reserve, former Monarch Jacob Hook being an obvious guest choice.

EDIT

A further thought, from Scunny's point of view, you could say "what's the point of having a NL side if you don't give riders a chance" but Simpson isn't a strong NL rider, especially compared to Jody Scott who's averaging 9+ so deserves his chances with Oxford?

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Scorpions to upset

Wouldn’t say upset if they win as they are a stronger side than what we are. Do think it will be close.

23 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Wouldn’t say upset if they win as they are a stronger side than what we are. Do think it will be close.

Our away form even with using any of our riders for the r/r rides plus using M Simpson as reserve(should be at 6 to have the harder rides allowing Ablitt to ride at 7) I would be very surprised if we hit 35. Easy win for the Monarchs. Last seasons results can not be used as a guide.

Is the stream usually as shyte as it was last night or were they having some issues?

caught the last few races from Redcar on BSN and the difference was like night and day