British Speedway Forum
Rico

World U-21 Final - Ostrow, Poland

The day after the Bydgoszcz GP is the World Under 21 final in Ostrow.

I have been advised that this is around a 3 hour road-trip from Bydgoszcz, so thought it might be worthwhile seeing if any other members are interested in the trip, if a bus could be arranged. The train is possible, but the times are obviously a bit less flexible and it actually takes a bit longer.

The bus would depart from central Bydgoszcz probably around 11am (depending on the start-time of the meeting) and return to Bydgoszcz after the meeting on the Sunday evening.

I'm just looking for rough numbers just now if people would be interested, then I'll look at the feasibility of getting a bus sorted out, with the help of Mateusz.

If you are interested could you pop your name on this thread and the number involved in your party.

Thanks

Rico :rolleyes:

Interested are

Rico + 2

PedroPete + 3

B52 + 5

Pammie + 3

CedarMan + 1

Muddy

Edited by Rico

With some of my connections renting a bus for a really reasonable price (around the train ticket price per capita) shouldn't be a problem.

U-21 Final is one of those safe speedway meetings so no company should refuse. It is about 3 hours to Ostrow indeed but with proper amount of % and a good company time doesn't matter really B)

Edited by Mateusz

Further to Rico and Mateusz's postings, as I've recently posted in the International Speedway thread, if anybody is staying in Bydgoszcz on the Saturday night, and wants to catch the train down to Poznan on Sunday morning I have a bus organised to depart Poznan to Ostrow Wlkp.

Plans are to depart Poznan about lunchtime and people are more than welcome to join us on that.

At the moment our intention is to stay in Ostrow on the Sunday night although we could amend the schedule for a Sunday night back in Poznan. It's all a bit flexible at the moment as a lot's gonna depend what time the World U21 starts.

Alternatively, anybody that's going to the GP but struggling for a hotel in Byd drop me a PM as I can help with accomodation in Poznan.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by ballinger

Good stuff Pete - hadn't seen your post I don't think.

We're staying on in Bydgoszcz till the Monday - can't resist the lovely Pod Orlem, otherwise might have looked at joining in with you guys.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else was still staying in Bydgoszcz on the Sunday night that wanted to go to the U21s. I'm sure we'll sort something out with Mateusz and the PBNF regardless of anyone on here being interested.

The day after the Bydgoszcz GP is the World Under 21 final in Ostrow.

I have been advised that this is around a 3 hour road-trip from Bydgoszcz, so thought it might be worthwhile seeing if any other members are interested in the trip, if a bus could be arranged. The train is possible, but the times are obviously a bit less flexible and it actually takes a bit longer.

The bus would depart from central Bydgoszcz probably around 11am (depending on the start-time of the meeting) and return to Bydgoszcz after the meeting on the Sunday evening.

I'm just looking for rough numbers just now if people would be interested, then I'll look at the feasibility of getting a bus sorted out, with the help of Mateusz.

If you are interested could you pop your name on this thread and the number involved in your party.

Thanks

Rico  :rolleyes:

Count me in Rico. There are 4 of us. We are stopping at Hotel sporting again, Thursday to Monday.

Cheers

Ped

And I'm not even going now  :(

That means i'm not going either :P

Sorry girls of Bydgoszcz ;)

Edited by Matt Davis

We are staying in Poznan Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights but will travel up to the GP by train. For the U21 final, if people are arranging a bus from Poznan to Ostrow will certainly be interested.

There will be 3 of us.

Sorry girls of Bydgoszcz ;)

Don't worry they'll be in good hands B)

We are staying in Poznan Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights but will travel up to the GP by train. For the U21 final, if people are arranging a bus from Poznan to Ostrow will certainly be interested.

There will be 3 of us.

Shame you're not staying in Bydgoszcz. Hope you'll be able to party with us at least for some time during the great weekend's nights.

Shame you're not staying in Bydgoszcz. Hope you'll be able to party with us at least for some time during the great weekend's nights.

Trying to resolve that for JD at the moment so he is based in Bydgoszcz.

Will respond to your e-mail later.

Hi Rico

Can you please add me +3

Thanx

Hey Rico :D

If I do make it down to Bydgoszcz for the GP I think I would be interested in this also, so put me down. Won't be able to confirm for sure for a few more weeks.

We'll be going to this :D , but with the speedway star of course (wonderful magazine) :wink:

I am just hoping Lewis Bridger gets to the final now (i will pray!) :D