British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, Conkers said:

Got that feeling Inzell have bitten the bullet early. I don’t think they will be the last either.

No. They say if things change for the better they will reconsider. But in all honesty, who thinks things are going to change for the better and not get worse? Plus they are in Bavaria, which is trying to lead the way in Germany for dealing with the virus, quick and hard

Updated Russian calendar:

Russian championships

12-13.12 - Qualis - Ufa, Shadrinsk, Novosibirsk
26-27.12 - Final 1/2 - Togliatti
02-03.01 - Final 3/4 - Kamensk Uralsky

Russian championships U21

16-17.01 - Quali - Lukhovitsy
06-07.02 - Final - Ufa

Superleague

19-20.12 - Round 1/2 - Kamensk Uralsky
23-24.01 - Round 3/4 - Ufa
20-21.02 - Round 5/6 - Togliatti

Firstleague

19-20.12 - Round 1/2 - Yugorsk
23-24.01 - Round 3/4 - Lukhovitsy
20-21.02 - Round 5/6 - Vyatskiye Polyany

Russia Cup

09-10.01 - Round 1 - Novosibirsk
16-17.01 - Round 2 - Vyatskiye Polyany
13-14.02 - Ronde 3 - Shadrinsk
06-07.03 - Round 4 - Yugorsk

Russia Cup U21 Teams

05-06.12 - Round 1 - Yugorsk
27-28.02 - Round 2 - Shadrinsk

On 10/18/2020 at 10:23 AM, iris123 said:

No. They say if things change for the better they will reconsider. But in all honesty, who thinks things are going to change for the better and not get worse? Plus they are in Bavaria, which is trying to lead the way in Germany for dealing with the virus, quick and hard

Usually by this time of the year I have my diary for my Ice Racing Trips all sorted, with flights, hotels and transport all booked. At the moment I have a provisional booking at one hotel and nothing else.

I'm hopeful that some sort of season may take place, but after covering both speedway and football in empty stadia with no end in sight to these restrictions, I'm beginning to think 2021 will be my first year since 1985 that I haven't done an Ice Meeting. 

I just hope I'll be wrong.

The hasn't been TV coverage of the ice racing for ages.

When was the last time an ice speedway meeting was shown live on TV ?

22 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

The hasn't been TV coverage of the ice racing for ages.

When was the last time an ice speedway meeting was shown live on TV ?

Eurosport covered the second day at Assen live a few years back (possibly 2010 but I cant be sure) and the UK had Jack Burnicle as the commentator.

He also came out with the line "Why do they still use straw bales on the outside of the track, why don't they use an airfence?"

I don't think he was being Ironic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Conkers said:

Eurosport covered the second day at Assen live a few years back (possibly 2010 but I cant be sure) and the UK had Jack Burnicle as the commentator.

He also came out with the line "Why do they still use straw bales on the outside of the track, why don't they use an airfence?"

I don't think he was being Ironic.

Not sure it really happened but I was told once that when APD’s were introduced, the UEM rulebook had them for ice racing as well... 

So the World championship calendar looks like

16.01 Örnsköldsvik quali

13-14 of something. It say's Jan, but guessing the FIM got it wrong and  is Feb :P Final 1+2 Togliatti

6-7.03 Finals 3+4 Berlin

Berlin must look doubtful atm. So we might end up with just one weekend in Russia 

Edited by iris123

Would be better for the F.I.M. to run the complete ice speedway season in Russia then, just like they did with the Speedway SGP/SON/SEC this year in Poland.

• Like 1

There will be a big qualifier with 24 riders in Örnsköldsvik. 12 will go through. Ivanov will join them, plus 2 FIM wildcards.

Nice to see that GB have been allocated a spot in the Örnsköldsvik qualifying round

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:53 AM, DutchGrasstrack said:

There will be a big qualifier with 24 riders in Örnsköldsvik. 12 will go through. Ivanov will join them, plus 2 FIM wildcards.

Cancelled