British Speedway Forum
Guest Hutchie

Polish Gp's

Guest Hutchie

Thinking of going to Bydgoszcz. Anyone been? If so got any travel tips? Initial thought was to fly to Berlin and then car/train (Easyjet return flights to Berlin for £9.98 + tax at the mo!). Any other suggestions or Hotel info?

Hi!

I have been to Bydgoszcz,it was in 98 so its been awhile but it is such a great place!

Till u have been there you wont know what the place is like.. it's so good.

As for the price im not sure as it was booked up by the Ipswich Supports club!

If anyone goes, then you are in for a great time B)

Thinking of going to Bydgoszcz. Anyone been? If so got any travel tips? Initial thought was to fly to Berlin and then car/train (Easyjet return flights to Berlin for £9.98 + tax at the mo!). Any other suggestions or Hotel info?

Hey Hutchie

Have been to Bydgoszcz for the last 4 years so hope I can help. Will definitely be going back there this year.

I've always flown into Warsaw as it's worth a visit en route. Hotels a plenty, however they aren't overly cheap. Have considered going via Berlin previously but just always ended up going via Warsaw. I am waiting on Air Polonia releasing their summer schedules and hopefully be able to fly for a decent price. Lot seem reasonably priced at the moment as well if you want to book up well in advance.

A train to Bydgoszcz is our usual mode of transport which takes around 4-5 hours depending on the train you get. You can buy tickets from a German website in advance, but we're confident enough about buying ours once in Poland (we've found that there is an English speaking ticket agent in Warsaw airport). For the extra cost first class is well worth it.

As for hotels in the town we are booked into the Pod Orlem which is a lovely hotel. Not quite as modern as the City, however I've always found the City difficult to book. One year we had to wait till the last minute but the Pod Orlem came up with the goods just when we had visions of sleeping on the street. First year we went we stayed in the Ratuschowy, which was much cheaper but nowhere near as nice as the Pod Orlem. Depends on your budget / preference.

Then the GP - atmosphere is always amazing and it might be something different this year after Tomasz's defection - I'm sure the locals will still be right behind him though. Keep an eye on the SGP site and you can book tickets in advance.

Hope the above helps. If you need anything more specific give me a shout.

Rico :rolleyes:

I really really would love to go to Bydzozsch. :rolleyes: I've heard great things about the place and brilliant things about the track. Hopefully I'll get to go one day. :)

PS Really stupid question but can't you fly direct to Bydgoszcz?? :unsure::oops:

PS Really stupid question but can't you fly direct to Bydgoszcz?? :unsure:  :oops:

I am not aware of any airline that flies direct from the UK to Bydgoszcz.

You can fly into Warsaw and catch a connecting flight to Bydgoszcz. However as I don't like flying I am happy to catch the train and see a bit of the countryside on the way.

Rico :rolleyes:

I really really would love to go to Bydzozsch. :rolleyes: I've heard great things about the place and brilliant things about the track. Hopefully I'll get to go one day. :)

ok ok we'll go sumtime then! whens this yrs one?

Hmmmm.....I'll check out the prices, you know how rich I am! :cry:

Would be great though....... :wink:

i no ur not :rolleyes: but i am goin to c if between my parents i can get um to pay for it or at least sum of it then i can pay sum of urs for u darlin.

wud b a gud weekend tho :wink::D

I hope this little plan involves two single bedrooms. ;)

well we mite hav 2 single beds but we will b in the same room (as it will b cheaper) but only 1 of um mite get used :wink: so it mite b easier to just get a double :wink: