British Speedway Forum

Stoke Forum

June01

Security on the Stoke forum seems tighter than that for the royal wedding. Has it become part of the official secrets act? I appreciate that accounts have to be approved, but what's the reasoning behind the no hotmail/yahoo addresses when registering? What about those of us who don't have an internet provider account?

Past that, I would imagine that you should still be able to apply with a hotmail account. I know I did :)

Security on the Stoke forum seems tighter than that for the royal wedding. Has it become part of the official secrets act? I appreciate that accounts have to be approved, but what's the reasoning behind the no hotmail/yahoo addresses when registering? What about those of us who don't have an internet provider account?

That's what I tried with. :unsure:

I can't seem to get approval for registering for the forum either. Will there be updates for Stoke today? Thanks!

With certain people joining to cause problems and friction between forum members and the promotion I think you will find that is the reason. :blink:

A lot of forums banned yahoo and hotmail as so many such accounts were hacked and were used to spam forums and place malware directly into the forum databases.

In the early days free accounts had no security at all and were just spammers delight.

With certain people joining to cause problems and friction between forum members and the promotion I think you will find that is the reason. :blink:

Okay. Not sure how I was meant to know that, but I can accept the reasoning behind it. Thanks.