British Speedway Forum

Rob Homer Rip

Forwarded message from my friend Bruce Cribb:

:::::::

Rob Homer, my best mate ever, passed away on Thursday 23rd October at 19.50
With cancer taking him out after one hell of a brave fight. Rob was not alone in this battle, Stella his wife has been a rock for him, and then myself in a small way, in contact with him daily, sharing our daily news, we would occassionally Skype call each other for an hour at a time, as I said to him 'I would rather call than type as there can be too many meaning in a message'. Rob often said, 'He was giving the Grim Reaper a good run for his money!'
But then towards the end I would send a message and Stella would read them to him. We stayed in contact for as long as possible.

What an engineer he was, welding and machining all metals, complete with designing skills, in his own words 'If we ain't got one, we make it!'
He made a speedway springer bike, and lots of grass track bikes and speedway bikes, and recently made loads of trials bikes specials with (BSA bantam engines) fitted!
He was able to ride all of these bikes to a very high standard, having rode speedway for the Birmingham Brummies, grasstrack, motocross, trials all to a very good standard!

We, (Rob and me) were the first in this country to make a manifold to fit twin carbs on a Weslake, this was all done and running in one evening. It was that good that they were banned the following year (1977), they were the most powerful bolt on tune availible at that time (the reason they were outlawed)!

Farewell to my best friend EVER! We will always remember you mate!

Edited by Guest

A further update re Rob Homer:::

::::::

Forwarded message::::

"Rob Homer Funeral Notice"
To be held at Wyre Forest crematorium dates to be confirmed
between these two possible dates Monday 3rd of November or Tuesday 4th of November, I will confirm time, date and day, ps "No Flowers Please"! donations only.

Forwarded message from Bruce Cribb

:::::::::::
Rob Homer Funeral Updates: date and time confirmation as,
Wyre Forest Crematorium, DY11 (1pm)

Monday the 3rd of November,
Reception (2pm) at The Gainsboro House Hotel, Kidderminster, DY11 6BS
(No flowers please,) donations to "Severn Hospice"