British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Snackette

# Number 8 In Poland

As someone who has watched a little Polish speedway, I wondered if someone could help clarify the regulations surrounding "the number 8".

Firstly who can ride at number 8? Are there any restrictions?

Who can a #8 replace? What's the maximum number of rides that a #8 can take in a meeting?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I think number 8 has to be taken by a under-23 rider. Bjerre took the role for Wroclaw earlier in the season and was very angry at the lack of riders. It's been a mistake, I think no.8s are only programmed for one ride and many team are just leaving the space blank to be taken by a junior. A no.8 can replace anybody, I think or they might be not able to replace a 6 or 7.

Firstly who can ride at number 8? Are there any restrictions?

Any U-23 rider can be #8

Who can a #8 replace?

If #8 is U-21 he can replace any rider, if he's 22 or 23 he can replace only #1-5 riders.

What's the maximum number of rides that a #8 can take in a meeting?

Limitations are the same as for the #1-5 riders (maximum 5 rides as a reserve + 1 ride as a tactical reserve + 1 ride as a raider replacement reserve).

Any U-23 rider can be #8

If #8 is U-21 he can replace any rider, if he's 22 or 23 he can replace only #1-5 riders.

Limitations are the same as for the #1-5 riders (maximum 5 rides as a reserve + 1 ride as a tactical reserve + 1 ride as a raider replacement reserve).

Thankyou Champion that explains things perfectly.

It also explains why Miskowiak wasn't able to replace Kajoch in the Rzeszow / Tarnow meeting.

Thanks again.