British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

World U21 Scandinavian Qualifier

It was a good meeting in my opinion. Good racing on a good track with a few highlights that would still keep me smiling if there wasn't that night in the car waiting for the ferry and the ever so boring daytime ferry ride back home.

The Finnish lads were just as good as the scorechart shows. Risager looked good from the first ride he took in practice and had the confidence to win it. Tomas H Jonasson would have won it if he just could have waited a few meters more to fool around. He was leading heat 18 after battling it out for two laps with Gustavsson and Klindt. He already had 11 points and the win would have taken him to 14 points and victory! He had a maybe 10 m lead as he exited the last bend. Closing on to the line I think he wanted to do a wheelie AND look back while doing it. Law's of physics denied him of that and as he turned his head back the bike lifted too much and threw him off. The bike finished on its back wheel and Jonasson on his face. Referee Mick Bates excluded him because he was not in contact with his bike when he crossed the line. That cost Jonasson 330 CHF in points money. :lol::lol:

Jari was very nervous and somehow had forgotten almost evrything he'd learn. He was close to his normal self in his last ride but other than that.. :neutral: Keskinen won both Lahti and Jari, but he was well off the pace also.

It's so true when they say that the grass is greener on the other side...