British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pro rider

**Cancelled Neil Collins Farewell Meeting!**

Great clip, the race against Mitch Shirra is probably even better ! [ Couldnt look at the Fatal Kenny Olsson one, why anyone would want to put that on or even watch it is beyond me but hey, each to their own i suppose ]

Hope, Neil has a great day and the weather is kind and the crowd is massive. As others have rightly said a real ' servant' to the sport, a good club man and a very entertaining rider for us fans to watch over the years. I'd love to go to this meeting if possible. Oh and the trademark red neckercheif flapping, i hope thats prominent on the programme cover.

Am gobsmacked that this has not seen more light, one of a team of great racing brothers, given pleasure to thousands over the years, Edinburgh,Belle Vue,Stoke,Long Eaton,Leicester......the list goes on.

Heres hoping he gets a massive turn out, because he deserves it.

SORRY TO INFORM EVERYONE BUT NEIL'S FAREWELL MEETING AT STOKE ON SAT 30TH AUGUST HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!!

THIS IS DUE TO THE BSPA OVER RULING ANOTHER MEETING TO BE HELD AT STOKE ON THAT DATE. :angry:

SORRY TO DISSAPOINT ANYONE, HOPEFULLY THIS CAN BE HELD IN THE FUTURE!

KIND REGARDS

Edited by pro rider

SORRY TO INFORM EVERYONE BUT NEIL'S FAREWELL MEETING AT STOKE ON SAT 30TH AUGUST HAS BEEN CANCELLED!!!

THIS IS DUE TO THE BSPA OVER RULING ANOTHER MEETING TO BE HELD AT STOKE ON THAT DATE. :angry:

SORRY TO DISSAPOINT ANYONE, HOPEFULLY THIS CAN BE HELD IN THE FUTURE!

KIND REGARDS

Gutted!

What meeting has been made to take place on that day then?

Gutted!

What meeting has been made to take place on that day then?

It is now Stoke v Edinburgh. With Stoke having had so many rain-offs they are struggling to fit all the rearranged fixtures in before the cut-off.

Hope another date can be set as i feel he deserves a farewell meeting.

Hope another date can be set as i feel he deserves a farewell meeting.

feel sorry for Neil. Just think of all the planning that has gone into this and a click of the fingers says It's Off!

thats just the corruptness of the BSPA obviously see some other meeting they want to line there pockets.no respect at all...

thats just the corruptness of the BSPA obviously see some other meeting they want to line there pockets.no respect at all...

According to the promotion at Stoke, it is because we have to fit a league meeting in before the cut off, which with the amount of rain offs we have had, is understandable...so not the BSPA lining their pockets at all!

Any suggestions of a date yet? Will it be this season?

Right now I want to get to this meeting more than any other, Neil deserves the support.

Any suggestions of a date yet? Will it be this season?

Right now I want to get to this meeting more than any other, Neil deserves the support.

Just an update regarding Neil's meeting, We have no confirmed dates as of yet but are working on it.

As soon as a date has been confirmed it will be posted on here...

Thanks

I was looking forward to this until i saw short crap had been added to the line up. Neil Collins definitely deserves a farewell meeting as he has been a great servant to the sport (SPEEDWAY) so who's idea was having the sh*t track cowboys i'll have to sit this one out so they don't think i came to watch them

I was looking forward to this until i saw short crap had been added to the line up. Neil Collins definitely deserves a farewell meeting as he has been a great servant to the sport (SPEEDWAY) so who's idea was having the sh*t track cowboys i'll have to sit this one out so they don't think i came to watch them

This is a bit of a harsh comment... It was intended to have the top 10 shorttrackers as a gap filling entertainment (as Neil requested) along with the old boys race and Collin's boys races.

At the end of the day everyone who'd be going are going to support Neil, not to support shorttrack and may i add that these guy's are willing to travel and ride for nothing to show their support...

Edited by pro rider