British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scunny Stag

Scunthorpe Speedway Mini-track Training/experience Days - Practice, Beginners & Groups

Wayne Carter's session are more popular than ever this year. Sunday dates have been added but despite three sessions in July plus a couple of group bookings we only have two spaces for the public sessions (2nd and 30th July booked but spaces are on Sunday 17th July).

Spaces are available on the 14th and 27th August sessions and should they fill quickly we are looking at the possibility of adding sessions on 31st July or 13th August.

If you have your own bike do you need to book on? I'm just curious as last time we went there was 12 of us beginners booked on but at least half a dozen turned up with their own bikes as well. One of these would only go out on the track alone and everyone of them wanted Wayne to look at their bikes, detracting from the amount of time spent coaching us. From my point of view it was quite disappointing as I was hoping to start sliding or at least attempt to.

Anyway I will be back again soon, I was just wondering how it worked. :)

If you have your own bike do you need to book on? I'm just curious as last time we went there was 12 of us beginners booked on but at least half a dozen turned up with their own bikes as well. One of these would only go out on the track alone and everyone of them wanted Wayne to look at their bikes, detracting from the amount of time spent coaching us. From my point of view it was quite disappointing as I was hoping to start sliding or at least attempt to.

Anyway I will be back again soon, I was just wondering how it worked. :)

Sorry to hear about your experience. Those with their own bikes definitely should book in and there is no way I would allow so many on one day. This is the first time I have heard of such a situation and hopefully it will be the last. If you let me know your name when you book again I will make sure Wayne makes up for the less than ideal session you had. On behalf of the club please accept our apologies.

Richard

Spaces are available on the 14th and 27th August sessions and should they fill quickly we are looking at the possibility of adding sessions on 31st July or 13th August.

In the end we have plumped for adding a session on Sunday 7th August and seven spaces have already been booked. Anyone wanting to ride on that day or any other please contact me via richard@scunthorpespeedway.com or 07832-402167

A few spaces still available for 7th, 14th and 27th August sessions

A few spaces still available for 7th, 14th and 27th August sessions

All August sessions now fully booked plus 11th September. Additional session added on 18th September whilst there are still spaces on the following dates:

Saturday 24th September

Sunday 9th October

Saturday 22nd October

Sunday 6th November

Saturday 19th November

Sunday 4th December

Saturday 17th December

Session for 18th September moved to Saturday 17th and this is the next with spaces available

Saturday 24th September is also full but there are spaces on the following dates:

Sunday 9th October

Saturday 22nd October

Sunday 6th November

Saturday 19th November

Sunday 4th December

Saturday 17th December

Should the 17th September and 9th October dates fill soon then we will look at adding an extra date.

2 spaces available for Sunday, 2 for 4th December and a few for 17th December. May consider an extra session before Christmas if demand continues to increase

Only spaces available before Christmas are on Saturday 17th December.

2012 public session dates already announced are below. Further dates will be added over the course of the year and large groups have other dates available:

Saturday 14th January

Sunday 29th January

Saturday 11th February

Sunday 26th February

Saturday 10th March

Sunday 25th March

Saturday 7th April

Sunday 22nd April

Saturday 5th May

Sunday 20th May

Saturday 2nd June

Sunday 17th June

Saturday 30th June

Sunday 15th July

Saturday 28th July

Sunday 12th August

Saturday 25th August

Sunday 9th September

Saturday 22nd September

Sunday 7th October

Saturday 20th October

Sunday 4th November

Saturday 17th November

Sunday 2nd December

Saturday 15th December

Sorry i know this is slightly off the topic, but does anyone know who was taking the photos on the mini track on sunday 27th nov, and if so would they know of or happen to have a contact number or email addy please. Many thanks in anticipation, Andy....

Chance of a morning shower tomorrow but nothing to threaten us going ahead.

Another great day on the training track. Open practice next Sunday and then the last Wayne Carter led session is on Saturday 17th. There are a few spaces left but I do expect it so reach capacity at some point.

Saturday 17th is the first session that hasn't been full for a very long time. If anyone would like to reserve one of the remaining places please let me know (07832-402167)

Plenty of spaces available for Wayne Carter's Training Track day on 22nd April. Just let me know if you'd like to come. £25 for riders with their own bikes, £70 if bikes and equipment are required.

There are spaces still available for Wayne's session on Sunday afternoon. The 2nd June session is full but the one after, 17th June, still has spaces.

Let me know if you would like to book a space on 07832-402167.

Cheers,

Richard