British Speedway Forum
f-s-p

Finnish News

in Lahti

U21 was in Seinäjoki.

The final was moved to Seinäjoki from Lahti after the Lahti club failed to get new fences to their track for this season. It's a safety measure of some sort of the current "regime" to give the finals only to tracks with Swedish style safety fences, not one's made from 25cm woodpoles and 20mm plywood all around. Then again it can be argued if it really is any safer to ride in that dust cloud that was present at Seinäjoki and at times not see where you hit, or to hit something thats a bit harder and seeing that it's coming...

f-s-p, do you know: Finnish junior team will be in Chervonograd (Ukraine) 31/07/2010?

Havent spoken to anyone in the past week, dont know any better than two weeks ago.

Was there something wrong with water equipment in Seinäjoki? Because I doubt that they could have done anything better in Lahti with their equipment.. and I would say that the track in Seinäjoki is much safer for the riders than the one in Lahti.

Was there something wrong with water equipment in Seinäjoki? Because I doubt that they could have done anything better in Lahti with their equipment.. and I would say that the track in Seinäjoki is much safer for the riders than the one in Lahti.

They just did not put enough water on in time, plain and simple.

There were problems with the watering at Lahti also in the Extraliiga meeting when the waterpump refused to co-operate before tapes up. Six heats gone and a watering truck from/by the city (this was told to me) appeared and no more (well at least it did not get any worse) problems... I still cant understand after thinking about this very basic track maintanence question for five years now, why cant the clubs sort it for at least Extraliiga meetings and national finals. It REALLY is not like there's only one watering truck per city with a track in Finland. :blink:

Like I said, you can call it yourself: Is it safer to ride not seeing rubbish with softer fences or seeing clear with harder ones? The question I was trying to make was that: What's the point in excluding tracks from arranging these "bigger" events because of the fence structure, if the one's with "better" fence's keep creating other problems that in my view are as dangerous?

Edited by f-s-p

In Lahti they should sort out their track surface. It always goes bad after 4 or 8 heats. Track like Lahti with good surface would be great technical track. But at the moment its the worst in Finland.

In Lahti they should sort out their track surface. It always goes bad after 4 or 8 heats. Track like Lahti with good surface would be great technical track. But at the moment its the worst in Finland.

It was so close that Lahti would have come the Torun of Finland but did not happen, yet. Lahti had an excellent track surface in 2007, a bit like Seinäjoki last year. Last year it was crap again. Enough water and laps with a fully loaded truck would sort it this year, I think.

Havent spoken to anyone in the past week, dont know any better than two weeks ago.

Finnish team in Chervonograd:

1 KALLE KATAJISTO SML FINLAND

2 TIMO LAHTI SML FINLAND

3 NIKO SILTANIEMI SML FINLAND

4 MIKA LOPPI SML FINLAND

I think there was not enough riders that there would have been any point of having a semi-final. There is qualification heat on the final day at Kauhajoki. I think last guy of that heat is going to be the reserve rider for the meeting?

Hello, does someone know the results of Finnish Championship Semifinal (in Kuusankoski?) ?

Only 17 riders so the semi was scrapped. A meeting is always a meeting and in my mind the semi would have been the 2nd or 3rd most important meeting of the Finnish season, but no point of having it with this lot. Hopefully next year is better...

Sorry about not posting it here earlier. Kemppi Speedway from this weekend has been postponed until August 15th. So this weekend there's only the 80cc team cup at Lahti in Finland.

80cc Team Cup final yesterday at Lahti.

Some good heats and battles. Jooa Partanen rode a max and Henri Ahlbom continues to impress with his somewhat mature riding alltough he's only started this April.

Forssan Moottoriseura 18

Miikka Hyyryläinen 2231 8

Henri Ahlbom 3322 10

Kauhajoen Moottorikerho 14

Vili Hautala 3113 8

Vili Mattila 22d2

Kuusankosken Moottorimieskerho 13

Jooa Partanen 3333 12

Niklas Säyriö 0100 1

Salpausselän Moottorikerho 8

Santtu Tapiola 2013 6

Miro Purmonen 110 2

Haapajärven Moottorikerho 7

Niilo Vuolas 1210 4

Antti Vuolas 0d21 3

Erä erältä:

1. Partanen, Tapiola, Purmonen, Säyriö 49,0

2. Ahlbom, Hyyryläinen, N.Vuolas, Vuolas 49,6

3. Hautala, Mattila, Purmonen, Tapiola 52,2

4. Partanen, N.Vuolas, Vuolas, Säyriö 50,0

5. Ahlbom, Hyyryläinen, Tapiola, Purmonen 48,2

6. Partanen, Mattila, Hautala, Säyriö 49,0

7. Hyyryläinen, Ahlbom, Hautala, Mattila d 50,9

8. Tapiola, Vuolas, N.Vuolas, Purmonen 53,5

9. Partanen, Ahlbom, Hyyryläinen, Säyriö 50,20

10. Hautala, Mattila, Vuolas, N.Vuolas 53,4

Tuomari Henna Snellman, katsojia 45

I see that only 3 Finnish riders made it to Chervonograd yesterday for the semi-final of the European U-19 Team Championship.

Any idea why? I assume Katajisto is still injured?

Edited by TwoMinuteWarning

As far as i know Kalle isnt expected back on a bike till next friday. I also wouldn't be too surprised it was too short notice to get replacements wrt paperwork?

Edited by Dekker

I see that only 3 Finnish riders made it to Chervonograd yesterday for the semi-final of the European U-19 Team Championship.

Any idea why? I assume Katajisto is still injured?

I texted our team manager Palomäki on friday and he still thought Kalle might make it. Bikes were sorted and all I'm told. Apparently he checked and texted me later that there was no point as there was no chance he was able to ride with that foot and was still in Finland. Jiri Nieminen was asked to "cover" earlier, but he doesn't turn 16 until a couple of weeks time. I understand Mika Loppi did reasonably well in his debut for the Finnish team. As this meeting format has no programmed rides for the #5 there was really no point in dragging other riders there as the points money in these UEM meetings is crap, the distance I'm told was something like 1200 km from Tallinn (oneway) and the federation is not paying the riders for travel to this meeting.

If Gray is reading this, maybe you could find me results with heat times and possibly pictures for use in the Finnish track racing magazine?

As far as i know Kalle isnt expected back on a bike till next friday. I also wouldn't be too surprised it was too short notice to get replacements wrt paperwork?

No visas needed for Ukraine, surprised me too.

If Gray is reading this, maybe you could find me results with heat times and possibly pictures for use in the Finnish track racing magazine?

results: http://www.irgiz.narod.ru/2010/07/2010jul55.html

heats time later

fotos: http://www.derkach.rv.ua/?p=377 or http://speedway.chervonograd.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120%3Afoto310710&catid=43%3A2009-04-05-06-31-14&Itemid=18&lang=uk