British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
philcrumpisgod

Hornets V Cobras Friday 16/7/2010 At 7.00pm

........and on the Newport Speedway official media release he is listed at number 5 for the Hornets :unsure:

And of course The Chuckle Brothers media releases are the best in speedway! :P

Kyle is a Newport rider so I'd guess the Hornets get first call on his services.

Kyle is a Newport rider so I'd guess the Hornets get first call on his services.

I dont think we did the last time there was a clash of fixtures, but dont quote me on that cos I'm not sure

I dont think we did the last time there was a clash of fixtures, but dont quote me on that cos I'm not sure

Strange, well if Kyle isn't riding that is a bonus for the Cobras, still think we will see a win for the Hornets however.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

kyle is riding for brum at edinburgh tonight,the rules dictate this, we are nearly there, good luck to the hornets,

kyle is riding for brum at edinburgh tonight,the rules dictate this, we are nearly there, good luck to the hornets,

Seems that this is from the horses mouth, so to speak. Thanks for letting us know.

A pity that it has taken this for us to find out where Kyle will be tonight and that we have had misinformation from a variety of sources, not the least of which is Newport's own official press release :mad: .

The information coming out of the club of late has been nothing short of dreadful.

And of course The Chuckle Brothers media releases are the best in speedway! :P

I'm a bit fed up of this constant sniping about Gareth and Lawrence Rogers.

The two of them are Newport born people who have been given the chance to come and work at their hometown club after a working lifetime in speedway all over the country.

I suspect there is not one single person on this forum who has done as much for or knows any near as much about British Speedway than these two guys including (re)opening tracks and working tirelessly behind the scenes for the good and furtherment of our sport.

Of course, all of their detractors on here are league winning managers or promotors who have made a fortune out of the sport............or there again, maybe not.

Seeing as this latest comment was prompted by the press release, I suspect the content of said release is as presented by the club themselves to the press officer for publication and not information gathered and released by the officer himself.

Rant over, let's look forward to the racing :)

On the few occasions that I have met Lawrence he has always struck me as a man with the interests of the sport at heart, particularly the youngsters. People like Lawrence are few and far between and should be given our support and encouragement not anonymously slagged off on the internet.

Updates are being provided by Dickiemint from personal texts he is receiving and he is being kind enough to post them up on Updates...link to the thread is Here

Well done the Hornets, good meeting tonight with some good racing too. Probably the hardest meeting the Hornets have ridden, however they suffered quite a few mechanical gremlins. In the end Mark Jones and Tony Atkin were much too good for the Cobras.

This should have been fairly comfortable for the Hornets, but Tim, Tom and James didn't seem to have a bike between them capable of completing 4 laps! James was the only one, and then in only his last ride, to beat an opponent who finished the race! Hope the boys have better luck mechanically next time.

Fortunately Tony was superb, Mark wasn't far behind and Todd was solid all night.

A captain's performance from Tony Atkin tonight for what was a 3 (and a half) man team.

Todd was not quite himself but still contributed 10 points, Mark looked really quick apart from one race and Tony excelled himself with a fully deserved 17 points.

James White Williams was gifted his first lot of points but credit to him to finish with a flurry for a very credible 8 from reserve.

Tim Webster was a shambles unfortunately and Tom Young completely lost it tonight. Goodness knows where his head was but it wasn't at the races.

For the Cobras, Hughes wasn't quite as good as I expected overall but was quick when in front, Allott showed a turn of speed from the gate, Strudwick had a reasonable evening as did Hazleden but Mason was very poor for a supposed top class performer at this level. Never was a fan of his and tonight reinforced why.

Unluckiest performer of the night was young Ben Morley, got himself into points scoring positions on several occasions but had a few painful falls and his 1 paid 2 was nowhere near a reflection on his efforts. Nippy out of the gate and not afraid to give it a good go around the track. Hard luck to him.

All in all, a bit of an escape for the Hornets with the match points riding on the last heat and the Cobras tracking Hughes and Allott who had recorded a comfortahble 5-1 in heat 13. But Tony and Mark didn't let the Hornets faithful down with a 5-1 themselves to seal all 3 points to the league leaders :)

Another victory walk along the terraces for the team which is very much appreciated by all the fans gathered along there. Well done lads!