British Speedway Forum
ivanhoward

Most Improved Nl Rider

Surely has to be Stevie Worrall......started speedway this last winter.....rode in the Saints team and have progressed to making quite a few premier outings. his twin brother Richie and Ashley birks not far behind him.......well done Scunny for their track time......Got to say I consider myself lucky to be able to go and watch these lads practrice.....brill stuff!

Surely a rider in his first season can still be counted as being 'improved'.

We are talking about progress during the season. Whatever the starting point in April - whether it was rookie, 2nd year of racing or whatever - these are the riders who by the end of the season have shown the most improvement.

To discount the likes of Tom Perry, Steve Worrall, Ashley Birks etc is daft in my opinion. They are very much contenders for the honour.

Jason Garrity is a fine prospect but not increased his average asmuch as the 2 other guys.

Garrity is one rider I have never seen much to my disappointment, a cracking prospect i'm told and Squall and Youngy tell me he is a bit mad. Just a shame every time Buxton have come to Plymouth he has never turned up :(

Garrity is one rider I have never seen much to my disappointment, a cracking prospect i'm told and Squall and Youngy tell me he is a bit mad. Just a shame every time Buxton have come to Plymouth he has never turned up :(

Tell you what, he is a LOT mad. Saw him early on in the season up at Buxton. Never really seemed in control of his bike, visited some far flung parts of the track, but my oath he was quick. From most comments I've seen, he is getting to grips with the idea of pointing his bike in the right direction and from what I've seen has been scoring heavily in the latter part of the season.

Would love to see how he would get to grips with the SBA, he is a true entertainer.