British Speedway Forum
Wildcat Steve

A Great Sponsor

Charles Chook, Who you say???? someone unknown to speedway died last week

He knew very little about speedway and lived a few doors from my parents house who read and new a little of Poole Speedway living so close to the stadium. He was a grand retired gentleman who had watched with fascination as we loaded and unloaded bikes worked on them at my parents place and asked about what we did. George had just started riding a 500 and was then 11 and one of the youngest to have got his 500cc licence. Charles was amazed and said he would put some money into Georges racing. over the years he was true to his word and put a considerable three figure some into George's racing every year. Last year he had a massive stroke and had lost his memory and did not even recognise his own family who live in New Zealand. (who came over to be by his side.) He was placed into a convalescent home and lived the last year in a state of confussion. When his belongings were collected the main things he had was photos and news paper cuttings of George from U15s and Weymouth and Oxford. it was his main topic of conversation in the home.

He was a man who backed a young British rider. Not a top star not for his own publicity but because he was encouraged to see a lad doing something that was bold and brave as every speedway rider who puts his leg over a speedway bike.

A great man who I will miss our conversations and for speedway as a man who speedway so badly needs who believe in our youngsters.

RIP Charles

Steve and George Piper

A Noble Deed

A Noble Post

A Noble Deed

A Noble Post

Thank you Mr Clemens :)

Thank you Mr Clemens :)

My Pleasure :)