British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
newportspeedwayhh

Prince Of Wales Trophy - Newport Friday 22nd Oct 7.30 Pm

NEWPORT SPEEDWAY OFFICIAL MEDIA RELEASE

WASPS WIND UP WITH INDIVIDUAL MEETING

Although the Newport Hornets season continues - the bulk of the Newport Wasps will bid their 2010 farewell to the Newport speedway fans when they appear in the Prince of Wales Trophy at Queensway Meadows this Friday evening from 7.30pm.

To add to the competitive mix the Newport management have booked riders as diverse as Polish newcomer Slawomir Musiesar a 20-year-old who rides for Polish league champions Leszno and Ben Barker who is a member of the Elite League Champions the Coventry Bees.

Likely to receive travelling support from the other side of the Severn Bridge are Somerset Rebels team members Corey Gathercole and Ritchie Hawkins who will be joined by the racer who scored a 15 point maximum against the Wasps at Rye House last Sunday in the form of Chris Neath plus Stoke's American skipper Ricky Wells. A space has been left in anticipation of another overseas unknown putting himself in the shop window for the 2011 season.

The Trophy will be contested over 12 qualifying heats, two semi-finals for the top eight scorers and the four-rider Grand Final for the title.

Commented Newport stalwart Craig Watson: 'It is a chance for the team which has gelled so well and really turned the season around to say goodbye to our loyal fans. Plus a rare chance for us to race against each other. Should be interesting!'

PRINCE OF WALES TROPHY 2010 DRAW ORDER:

1. Leigh Lanham

2. Kim Nilsson

3. Ricky Wells

4. To be confirmed

5. Ben Barker

6. Corey Gathercole

7. Robin Aspegren

8. Slawomir Musiesar

9. Craig Watson

10. Ritchie Hawkins

11. Todd Kurtz

12. Chris Neath

Reserves: James White-Williams and Tom Young.

The Wasps will be in attendance at the end-of-season social on the evening of Saturday October 23rd in the Wasps Nest Bar at the stadium from 7.30pm.

Tickets for the event may be obtained from Mary on Friday evening or by 'phoning 07749959855. They are £10 a head which includes a buffet.

The Newport Hornets have a National Trophy fixture against the Weymouth Wildcats at Queensway Meadows on Sunday afternoon at 2.30pm.

Full club details on the new Newport website www.newport-speedway.org with previews and scores also on the club hotline 09066 555 915(calls charged at 60p per minute).

Edited by newportspeedwayhh

Why bother with the heats? Just have a semi and a final. After all, only 3 riders will have to miss out. I was tempted to pop in for this one but not for a 12 rider field with 8 riders making the semis!

Should be a great meeting, looks a great line up too :) nice way for loyal newport fans to see the season end on a high :D hope the crowd is great too!

Why bother with the heats? Just have a semi and a final. After all, only 3 riders will have to miss out. I was tempted to pop in for this one but not for a 12 rider field with 8 riders making the semis!

You`re not even going and you`re still whingeing :lol::P

And looking at the lineup,where`s Alex?

I was wondering where alex was too!! Any idea how much it will be for admission?

Alex is getting his bikes and equipment packed up and was looking like not being able to ride but will now be after all. Normal admission prices apply.

Oh right i see :) glad he is riding now though! Thanks for information about prices, would b nice to see 3 wasps on the podium :)

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks

12 - 8 = ?

To make it easier I'll make it multiple choice.

a) 4

B) 4

c) 4

d) 3

e) 4

12 - 8 = ?

To make it easier I'll make it multiple choice.

a) 4

B) 4

c) 4

d) 3

e) 4

12 rider field - TBC = 11.

There were only 12 rider at 11pm last night.