British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

.....Eastern wolf....... Basically most Coventry fans' idea of a compromise is no compromise or very little.

Really? I take back what I said the other day you are now as equally annoying with your 'facts' as Stevebrum. :rolleyes:

By 'most' I presume you mean those on here? Is that about 20 in total who post regularly or have you personally interviewed the other 1,500 or so Coventry fans and know their views?

I would argue that the hypothetical compromise I've posted is at least that - a compromise. What you suggest - nothing but an inquiry into how the BSPA is run - is a collapse. Do you know what compromise means???

When you're outnumbered 8 to 1 do YOU know what compromise means? You're not exactly speaking from a position of strength. The Elite League WANTS Coventry but it doesn't NEED them.

Really? I take back what I said the other day you are now as equally annoying with your 'facts' as Stevebrum. :rolleyes:

By 'most' I presume you mean those on here? Is that about 20 in total who post regularly or have you personally interviewed the other 1,500 or so Coventry fans and know their views?

Why keep pursuing this ridiculous line? You know exactly that I mean the Coventry fans who post on here. Just as Wolves and Poole fans are accused of toeing the BSPA line. We know you mean the posters on the forum.

When you're outnumbered 8 to 1 do YOU know what compromise means? You're not exactly speaking from a position of strength. The Elite League WANTS Coventry but it doesn't NEED them.

But if KL and Brum hadn't of moved up they would have needed both the Bees and the Panthers ;)

A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions

I see you conveniently blanked out the bit about being outnumbered 8 to 1. It can make a bit of a difference. Anyway we'll see what occurs.

But if KL and Brum hadn't of moved up they would have needed both the Bees and the Panthers ;)

Bit of a pointless argument. King's Lynn and Birmingham DID move up.

I did presume you meant the 20 regular Coventry posters as I said, but that still doesn't mean 'most' aren't in favour of a compromise or very little. How do you know? At a guess I would think that less than 10 have given any viewpoint and it just seems like the place is overrun with Bees fans because the same people are making similar posts. Everyone is going round and round in circles when nobody really knows anything.

A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions

Coventry apologises and the BSPA agrees to let them back in -Simples :wink: :wink:

I did presume you meant the 20 regular Coventry posters as I said, but that still doesn't mean 'most' aren't in favour of a compromise or very little. How do you know? At a guess I would think that less than 10 have given any viewpoint and it just seems like the place is overrun with Bees fans because the same people are making similar posts. Everyone is going round and round in circles when nobody really knows anything.

Well I can't argue with any of that! :wink:

Edited by eastern wolf

*sigh*

I think we've pretty much established - in either a "this is disgusting!" or a "yeah, but Coventry deserved it" way - that Coventry were stitched up to push through the rules on average conversion, assessed averages, and the 8.01+ (bwahahahahaha) riders, and that these were the price the other teams paid to ensure the "big" teams aquiescence on the points limit. I would imagine that removing at least two of those rules would be the basis for Coventry's return, and that 6 of the 8 teams currently in the Elite League wouldn't give a flying fig about them going.

Given that both Elite and Premier league clubs have already built teams around the existing rules, changes to any of the above simply to appease Coventry would make speedway even more of a laughing stock than it already is.

Bit of a pointless argument. King's Lynn and Birmingham DID move up.

It wasn't an argument, you might like to argue but I don't, I was just stating a valid point. If KL and Brum had said no to moving up, then they would have ALL had to compromise and sort it out would they not?

When KL went to the AGM they were running PL, afterwards KL suddenly are running EL, come on now, surely you can see what happened :lol:

If some sense is returning to the hallowed halls of BSPA headquarters and Coventry Stadium,then that can only be good news.

On what terms none of us can know, until such time as an official statement is released.

However, if the Bees return to the fold, surely it can only be on the terms of what was decided at the AGM.

Anything else would make a mockery of arriving at a "majority decision", and may open the door for another promotion, or promotions, to stage some form of protest.

Elite League teams have already embarked on team plans/signings/building for 2011, and should those plans be thrown into disarray due to any possible amendments as a compromise to Mr Sandhus' actions would be wrong, and further damage whatever reputation this (still just) great sport of ours has.

If the BSPA have backed downb, even to compromise then it sets a worrying precedence for other promoters to throw their toys out the pram in future AGMs to get what they want.

If Sandhu as backed down and accepted the AGM rulings then fill credit to him for seeing sense.