British Speedway Forum
covlad459

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

And by the way, rules are not voted in by all parties, they are voted but only the ones for it vote it in. And in this instance, 2 parties were missing in certain votes.

Well, you obviously know more than I do, since I don't know at what stage the Coventry and Peterborough representatives left the meeting. Did they leave before or after the crucial votes. If they left prior to them, was it because they sensed they did not have the numbers to carry the day? The one clear statement we have on the subject states that they left of their own free will and as such forfeited their right to have any further say in matters.

It seems from the way this discussion is now going that the legal case may be some form of "constructive dismissal", that is to say that a combine within the BSPA manipulated events to deliberately make them unacceptable to Coventry and Peterborough. An interesting scenario and certainly one that I would welcome seeing laid before a court.

As Aces51 said.

I have never worked for anyone other than myself since virtually leaving school so I have no real knowledge in working for someone who would tell me what to do or be answerable to a "boss". But I would certainly not hang around in a job I was unhappy with.

So the best bet would be for sandhu to give Trump his notice and get in a new promoter, and just take rent from him through being stadium owner.

What you are actually saying there is something you don't know. this has to be a first. surely you have an in my opinion up your sleeve though ,

Your point doesn't stand up,if Coventry are so hard done by, why are they one of the one of the most successful clubs over the past 4-6 years.Coventry are a well run club with good assets, they have a good Stadium,good fan base and good extra income from the stock cars all of this goes into Mr Shandu's bank account as he owns the Stadium (unlike most other teams). He could of acted like a professional business man and accepted the new rules, then worked with the BSPA to amend them in the future.

Personally I hope Coventry (Mr Shandu) does accept the changes and the Bees take their place in the 2011 EL.

neither does yours. it's a simple question. if you feel you are being treated unfairly, what do you do?

neither does yours. it's a simple question. if you feel you are being treated unfairly, what do you do?

Mr Sandhu is not the Coventry promoter he's a businessman looking at the situation from a business point of view .If he thinks his business will suffer through the new rules he has to make a protest .Walking out of any meeting is not the correct way at all .If Mr Sandhu is not a promoter though why was he at the AGM ?

Mr Sandhu is not the Coventry promoter he's a businessman looking at the situation from a business point of view .If he thinks his business will suffer through the new rules he has to make a protest .Walking out of any meeting is not the correct way at all .If Mr Sandhu is not a promoter though why was he at the AGM ?

i don't believe he was.

If Mr Sandhu is not a promoter though why was he at the AGM ?

My understanding is that he was not present and that the walk out was by Trump and/or Pratt.

There is no unfair treatment....and if there is democracy rules.

You know the saying 'If you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen'.....and that's the way Coventry are going.

Jesus christ i give up.:blink:

For goodness sake read it ALL rather than pick the bits that suit most. Mediation offered or Legal redress is what it says.

That means, IF THE BSPA DON'T MEDIATE THEN THE COURTS IS THE ONLY OPTION.

Thankfully the lawyers of the BSPA appear to have advised them correctly as they know they would be on to a loser in the courts.

With respect Colin, do you understand the difference between mediation and negotiation ? This a serious question because having read your posts I don't think you do. Furthermore, although the press release mentions mediation I think they actually mean negotiation, and you are reading too much into it. If Sandhu really does mean mediation, ie before a proper independant mediator then this matter is unlikely to get sorted within the next few days or maybe not even the next few weeks.

Please tell us exactly what process you are referring to when you talk about mediation ( as opposed to negotiation) because at the moment it looks like you have got the whole thing round your neck and it is difficult to glean any clear information from your posts.

There is no unfair treatment....and if there is democracy rules.

You know the saying 'If you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen'.....and that's the way Coventry are going.

you have never been treated unfairly in your life?

Interesting viewpoint from you both!

So you would walk out just like Coventry and Peterborough did!

No further questions, your honour.

Did you not notice the smiley after my comment?

I wouldn't rest your case there if I were you.

Your analogy is a bad one, Coventry and Peterborough are not employees of the BSPA and so had options that do not exist for an employee. They were part of the day to day controlling body and as such had the same opportunity as everyone else to persuade others to their viewpoint. If that failed and the majority voted for another course then no, they should not have left. They should have accepted the decision and remained to fight another day when, if their case had merit, they should be able others to support them.

One of the interesting things to me in all of this is that there has been no apparent breaking of ranks over the new rules by the 8 clubs in the EL.

On a totally unrelated matter but just as a matter of interest, what is it that you are impartial about? :wink:

Did you not notice the smiley after my comment?

I wouldn't rest your case there if I were you.

Your analogy is a bad one, Coventry and Peterborough are not employees of the BSPA and so had options that do not exist for an employee. They were part of the day to day controlling body and as such had the same opportunity as everyone else to persuade others to their viewpoint. If that failed and the majority voted for another course then no, they should not have left. They should have accepted the decision and remained to fight another day when, if their case had merit, they should be able others to support them.

One of the interesting things to me in all of this is that there has been no apparent breaking of ranks over the new rules by the 8 clubs in the EL.

On a totally unrelated matter but just as a matter of interest, what is it that you are impartial about? :wink:

Clubs.

And while i suspected your response was in jest, Steve's certainly wasnt!

Again we have the Poole Pimps spokesman spouting off about the constitution of the BSPA, and again about Cov PBorough storming from the conference.

Question, is the Shovelor a promoter? Answer NO. So why talk about what you can only imagine.

Do you know the Constitution of the BSPA?. Answer NO.

That is unless SS was hiding in Fat Mauds trousers again.

Remember my question about work permits, lets see how Poole get on with regard to a Russian what with some Brits going to be unemployed.

Only takes one letter to the Authorities posing the question.

I could try to negotiate a better deal, I could accept the majority verdicts or I could walk away and put peoples livelihoods on hold and not give a proper and truthful statement to the Fans.

page 94 summary.

same load of crap as previous 93 pages, some say black and some white and no-one says there is a grey. no one has a clue what is going on and yet we have 94 pages of drivel.

My understanding is that he was not present and that the walk out was by Trump and/or Pratt.

So after 94 pages we dont know who walked out .. STEVE , HELP ..Who walked out ??