British Speedway Forum

I would think all Ippo fans would be interested in the top end averages, as it would appear you have missed out on Pairs now following the fours.

I dont think they are (not counting me) they think an all round strength team will bring success but us realists certainly know it will not. Its plainly obvious that a genuine top 2 are whats required but are they too dim to realise that - yes!!!

I dont think they are (not counting me) they think an all round strength team will bring success but us realists certainly know it will not. Its plainly obvious that a genuine top 2 are whats required but are they too dim to realise that - yes!!!

Basic maths shows that top two riders get an extra ride (ht 15) so teams need riders to take advantage of that, plus opportunity to utilise t/r rides..

Yes - reserves can have extra rides, but averages should eventually dictate that weakest riders are in reserve berth

What a shocking performance from the Witches at Plymouth, Risager scores 19 points and they still LOSE!!! Theres something wrong in the Witches camp and it needs pruning out before next season. By the way all those lanham :icon_smile_clown: lovers I see he got a puny 7 points from the easy number 3 spot and cost us a win yet again!!!

So Risager and Lanham between them get 26 points from the 43 which seems perfectly decent to me, on average that's 13 pt's each - so which of the remaining 5 should we "prune" before next season?

It blatently obvious Lanham should be nowhere near the team and Risager was not signed as a reserve so shouldnt be anywhere near the reserve berth. I would expect Lanham to score well at number 6 it doesnt hide the fact that Risager is a huge let down this season.

As you failed YET AGAIN to answer my previous question about your supposed "top end strength" team which you'd like to comprise Frampton, Poole, Tungate, North and Heeps, even with a 3pt reserve it leaves less than 8 pts for your "genuine number 1" - how is that "top end strength"? The answer? IT ISN'T!

Face facts clown, you moan about "no genuine No.1 and 2" but the team you've stated you would ike to see built around next season leaves no room for those "genuine No.1 and 2" that you've bleated on and on about for the past god knows how long!

So this comes down to one of two couple things:

1) You're admitting that you're wrong and the Louis are right with regards to team building (as you share the same team structure for next season)

2) That you're nothing but a troll

Which one is it?

i would build the team around Poole Tungate and Heeps. Dak although ok has got one of those averages that doesnt really fit for me and im not sure i would include him. I still thin Tress on a low average might be ok but then lets go and get a genuine number 1 who can guarantee us 12-15 points in 95% of the meetings. At the moment we are hoping Tungate or Poole will but we dont know and even when we have a reserve score 19 we dont have a top liner capable of backing it up.

Im sorry but the team was very poorly put together and very slow to react when team changes are needed just look at Scunny and Somerset to see what they did getting Morris and Monberg.

Aljacks views are extreme and he does try to wind others up the way he puts things but face facts he is right!

i would build the team around Poole Tungate and Heeps. Dak although ok has got one of those averages that doesnt really fit for me and im not sure i would include him. I still thin Tress on a low average might be ok but then lets go and get a genuine number 1 who can guarantee us 12-15 points in 95% of the meetings. At the moment we are hoping Tungate or Poole will but we dont know and even when we have a reserve score 19 we dont have a top liner capable of backing it up.

Im sorry but the team was very poorly put together and very slow to react when team changes are needed just look at Scunny and Somerset to see what they did getting Morris and Monberg.

Aljacks views are extreme and he does try to wind others up the way he puts things but face facts he is right!

He's not right at all as he can't answer questions to him to justify his outbursts - we're all entitled to opinions but unless you can have some kind of substance to your side of the arguement then you really don't have a valid point.

Morris was never an option as he rides for Swindon who are also a Thursday night club (the reason we weren't able to sign Lasse Bjerre at the start of the season as he wanted to ride for P'boro).

Monberg wasn't available at the time we signed Lanham, and given the previous shambles of Monberg at Ipswich I doubt the promotion would of wanted him back anyway. He's only ridden a few meetings for Somerset so it remains to be seen how much of a good signing he is.

Edited by Ipswich Jules

Real time averages tell a more realistic story for this season - not the Green Sheets, which still carry baggage from last year.

As stated elsewhere, Monberg might have been a consideration, but his 7.67 average would have needed two changes, and probably a 3 pointer to partner Heeps at reserve, so might not have given any overall benefit.

As for Aljack: it doesn't deal with facts - which is a fact in itself :rofl: .

Basic maths shows that top two riders get an extra ride (ht 15) so teams need riders to take advantage of that, plus opportunity to utilise t/r rides..

Yes - reserves can have extra rides, but averages should eventually dictate that weakest riders are in reserve berth

Put perfectly northyorksbear as Ive stated many times a team to have success need 2 front line heatleaders and louis seems incapable of grasping that elementary fact!!!

Thank you Gavan my sentiments exactly but some other posters on the Witches site will just argue for argues sake thats impossible or some other ridiculous reason just to get their own idealism across, pathetic :icon_smile_clown: !!!

It blatently obvious Lanham should be nowhere near the team and Risager was not signed as a reserve so shouldnt be anywhere near the reserve berth. I would expect Lanham to score well at number 6 it doesnt hide the fact that Risager is a huge let down this season.

Totally agree spot on again Gavan :t:

I'm not going to ask you to name riders, because that isn't your job, but what sort of combined average are you thinking for these top 2 riders, considering the points limit in place for the league? a high scoring pair like plymouth with a 19+ combined top 2, or a slightly more sensible option?

i would build the team around Poole Tungate and Heeps. Dak although ok has got one of those averages that doesnt really fit for me and im not sure i would include him. I still thin Tress on a low average might be ok but then lets go and get a genuine number 1 who can (1)guarantee us 12-15 points in 95% of the meetings. At the moment we are hoping Tungate or Poole will but we dont know and even when we have a reserve score 19 we dont have a top liner capable of backing it up.

Im sorry but the (2)team was very poorly put together and very slow to react when team changes are needed just look at Scunny and Somerset to see what they did getting Morris and Monberg.

(3)Aljacks views are extreme and he does try to wind others up the way he puts things but face facts he is right!

bold point 1- we'd all love a rider like this, but unfortunately, they don't exist

bold point 2- if this was the case why were we predicted by the 'experts' to do well

bold point 3- no one has actually said he isn't right, but his statements have little validity because they are monotanous and he is also unwilling to back them up when asked a direct about something he has said.

Thank you Gavan my sentiments exactly but some other posters on the Witches site will just argue for argues sake thats impossible or some other ridiculous reason just to get their own idealism across, pathetic :icon_smile_clown: !!!

Talking about yourself again! You must love the sound of your own backside.

Put perfectly northyorksbear as Ive stated many times a team to have success need 2 front line heatleaders and louis seems incapable of grasping that elementary fact!!!

Totally agree spot on again Gavan :t:

Talking to yourself? :icon_smile_clown:

I've given you plenty of reasons to your many complaints about the Witches team yet you still can't answer one of the questions I've asked you, instead you only respond to the posts that you want to see - the ones that suit your "rose tinted" view.

Question: If you dislike the Louis so much, if Pete is such a bad manager, if the Witches are riding in the "inferior Premier League", if the track doesn't provide good racing since the changes, if you don't like the majority of the riders riding for the team - why do you go* and pay their wages?

My opinon? Because you're a lonely troll who probably goes to speedway, says nothing whilst there, you quietly fill out your pgorgamme as the heats go - maybe with the occasional tut or cheer depending on how things go - and probably go alone. You're afraid to speak to the Louis or Pete or the riders in person - instead you go home and "speak" from the relative safety of your PC but when asked questions you go back to being "Mr Lonely" again who wouldn't say boo to a goose!

I actually feel quite sorry for you

Aljack = :icon_smile_clown:

* = apparently

• Like 4

Ive been asked what team I would pick, well its not my job to pick the actual riders that job is down to the supposedly in the know louis! But a team with these averages would win the league =

No1 9.0

No2 5.0

No3 7.5

No4 6.0

No5 8.5

No6 3.0

No7 3.5

Total 42.50

I state my case and will stick to it whatever that team would win silverware without doubt!!! By realist Aljack :t:

Ive been asked what team I would pick, well its not my job to pick the actual riders that job is down to the supposedly in the know louis! But a team with these averages would win the league =

No1 9.0

No2 5.0

No3 7.5

No4 6.0

No5 8.5

No6 3.0

No7 3.5

Total 42.50

I state my case and will stick to it whatever that team would win silverware without doubt!!! By realist Aljack :t:

So by using your formula you were looking for a #1 rider with an average of between 9.00 and 8.50. At the end of the last season there were five riders that would have met that criteria. Of those Parker and Lyons had decided to retire, and Wolbert was going full time NsEL. So your choice then rests between Robson and Neath. There has never been an indication that either have any desire to move away from their current promotions. Indeed both have been very unfortunate with injuries.

What this demonstrates, is that there is not an ubundant supply of these types of rider.

• Like 1