British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mopezone

Ashington Speedway 1972

Hi everybody!

There were two meetings held at Ashington in Northumberland in 1972, on 5th April and 17th May.

Does anyone know where I could get hold of the programmes for either or both of these meetings?

If so, could you let me know at mopezone@hotmail.com?

Cheers

These two programmes are quite rare but they do occasionally come up at Collectors Fairs and Auctions. Be warned though, they can command up to £20-£25 each! Your best bet is to keep an eye on the lists issued by Peter Holtom and the Auctions/Fairs organised by Nick Barber. Even then, you might wait years, - I did!

Thanks

Any idea in which areas these fairs/auctions are held, or are they online? Do those guys have websites that you know of?

B) Both are regulars in Speedway Star Classified ads...N Barber, 31 Fairfield Av ,Felixstowe IP11 9JQ.....P Holtom ,15 Bayham Walk, Bucknall, Stoke-on-Trent ST2 8PB.

Fairs are coming up at Ipswich, Marriott Hotel, Feb 22, (includes an auction), High Beech, Kings Oak pub, Feb 29, Speedway GB Show, Stoneleigh, March 7. There's always a good one on GP day in Cardiff, but the best is the Auction/Fair in Ryton on Dunsmore, near Coventry every November, (details from Nick). There's usually one or two fairs at big meetings such as the British Final or the Fours - watch the press. There are 5 or 6 other dealers around too, but your best bet is to pop along to a Fair and get acquainted! Also, keep an eye open for people selling their collections in Speedway Star and on eBay.....you never know!