British Speedway Forum
PremierRebel

Somerset Rebels Vs Plymouth Devils [pl] 31/8/2012

I new it was going to be a disappointing evening from the start as the pastie mash and gravy was crossed off the menu, nobody seemed to know why. The score was close but passes after second bend could be counted on one hand and mostly processional. Track was dusty and no grip on the outside, riders trying to go wide were losing ground and even Cory Gathercole was hugging the white line. You would have hoped heat 13 with Doyle, Vissing, Barker and Fisher would have been a cracker, but yet another procession. Heat 15 not much better with Barker struggling at the back. As for our guest, well it said Lase Bjerre in the programme but i'm not so sure.

Unfortunately my friend who was attending for the first time this season could not have been impressed by the quality of the racing. A good win by Rebels and now certain to be in the Play Offs but apart from a close score not much to get excited about.

Edited by oldtimer

Interesting to read what Sam had to say in this weeks Star, feel sorry for him. With the Somerset view that the need of the team come first, I assume nobody's position is safe if they under perform, winning the League being the most important thing. I wonder how this affects rider moral? If our guest Bjerre performs it should be an easy win for Rebels tonight.

Not sure there is too much wrong with rider moral in the Rebels camp from the amount of banter they were throwing at each other and at one of the promoters this afternoon in the golf range!

Good result for the boys tonight although i only managed to see 3 races. Shouldn't moan at having paying customers though should i?

Will score well when signed for Scunthorpe especially if we meet in Play Offs.

Muppet

• Like 2