2, Kyle Newman

3, Jesper B Monberg

4, Alex Davies

5, Robin Aspegren

6, Tom Perry

7, Adam Ellis

+

8, Lewis Kerr

Haven't worked out the averages but reckon that might fit?

Swap Aspregren for Claus then that could be another winning team! Ellis and Tom would be a gamble but both can only improve next year.

• Like 1

This is based on rumours that I have heard and how I would want the Rebels of 2013 to look like:

1) Jason Doyle (9.17)

2) Alex Davies (5.69)

3) Robin Aspegren (6.25)

4) Christian Hefenbrock (6.50)

5) Jesper B Monberg (7.26)

6) Tom Perry (3.53)

7) Adam Ellis (3.00)

= 41.40

Other riders I would look at are:

Claus Vissing (7.44)

Josh Auty (8.09)

Timo Lahti (Not a chance but a rider I rate highly - not sure what his converted average would be).

James Wright (6.73)

Michael Palm Toft (5.21)

Kyle Newman (5.31)

Edit: If Dudley move up and we lose Tom then I would love to see Simon Lambert (4.41) or Carl Wilkinson (4.66) at number 6

Edited by PremierRebel

I have worked out who should stay and who should go, but don't want to give my reasons yet as i don't want to upset anyone before the presentation night this Friday.

1.doyle

2.newman

3.monberg

4.davies

5.vissing

6.perry

7.kerr

Love to see Jason back next year. Been awesome! Sure perry will have a great year in 2013 and Kerr has only been on a speedway bike for 5 mins and he's on the pace already! I'm sure he's going to score well next year it's only a matter of time. We will see :))

1. Jason Doyle

2. Kyle Newman

3. Jesper B Monberg

4. Alex Davies

5. Claus Vissing

6. Adam Ellis/ AN Other Rider/ 4.10

7. Tom Perry

can't make up my mind on no.6 yet

Somerset have a habit of securing riders nobody ever thought of e.g. Zorro,Jorgensen Parker,Jonno,Mcgowan, Sedgeman,Masters , Vissing and JBM to name but a few. All have been good signings,I wouldn`t put it past the management to come up with another little gem.

Everyone seems to want to retain 5 or 6 of this year's line-up, which is a natural thought after such a successful season, but is it practical? Most of the desired line-ups I've seen so far have 2 reserves with averages below 4.00, which was shown this year to be a mistake ( unless you can unearth another Richie Worrall ). IMO to be competitive you need at least one strong reserve, a big-hitting no.1 and a solid middle order capable of increasing their averages.

My heart would like to see something like:

1. Doyle (9.17)

2. Howarth (5.33)

3. Aspegren (6.25)

4. Wethers (5.66)

5. Monberg (7.26)

6. Newman (5.31)

7. Perry (3.53) . . . . . . . . .(42.51) Drat!

My head would like to see, however unlikely:

1. Doyle (9.17)

2. Howarth (5.33)

3. Nedermark (6.20)

4. Wethers (5.66)

5. Aspegren (6.25)

6. Newman (5.31)

7. Dyer (4.55) . . . . . . . . .(42.47)

However, as Cliffeboy says, the promotion have a habit of producing a surprise signing or two, and they've done pretty well so far.

Everyone seems to want to retain 5 or 6 of this year's line-up, which is a natural thought after such a successful season, but is it practical? Most of the desired line-ups I've seen so far have 2 reserves with averages below 4.00, which was shown this year to be a mistake ( unless you can unearth another Richie Worrall ). IMO to be competitive you need at least one strong reserve, a big-hitting no.1 and a solid middle order capable of increasing their averages.

1. Doyle (9.17)

2. Howarth (5.33)

3. Aspegren (6.25)

4. Wethers (5.66)

5. Monberg (7.26)

6. Newman (5.31)

1. Doyle (9.17)

2. Howarth (5.33)

3. Nedermark (6.20)

4. Wethers (5.66)

5. Aspegren (6.25)

6. Newman (5.31)

However, as Cliffeboy says, the promotion have a habit of producing a surprise signing or two, and they've done pretty well so far.

Hate to tell you this but Aspregren's average is 6.40, not 6.25.............

Hate to tell you this but Aspregren's average is 6.40, not 6.25.............

Oh bugger! I see they've just put the final averages on the BSPA site today. Back to the drawing board - but he's still a steal at 6.40 ;)

Have a great night to everyone who is going to the Presentation do down at the OTA this evening. I should imagine it will be a quite lively affair.I wonder who will be Rider of the Year errrrrr,I think "One Horse Race" is the answer.It will be interesting to see who picks up the other awards.I won`t comment on who I think should get the other awards as I don`t see enough matches these days unfortunately,good luck to all riders though, any award that is provided by the fans is always special.

I have worked out who should stay and who should go, but don't want to give my reasons yet as i don't want to upset anyone before the presentation night this Friday.

You might as well say its james wright he dosent appear to be on anybody's wish list for next year dosen't take inspector morse to work out who you mean

1. Doyle (9.17)

2. Howarth (5.33)

3. Aspegren (6.25)

4. Wethers (5.66)

5. Monberg (7.26)

6. Newman (5.31)

1. Doyle (9.17)

2. Howarth (5.33)

3. Nedermark (6.20)

4. Wethers (5.66)

5. Aspegren (6.25)

6. Newman (5.31)

Don`t agree with you on this one Barney.I think the secret to a good campaign is solid home form and then pick up what you can away.I think all of our guys this year have all been pretty consistent at our place, hence the unbeaten run.I think wholesale changes would be a mistake. New people will have to be bought in due to the averages as we are well over.You always will be gambling on lower ranked riders improving, that`s why I would go with Tom and a three pointer, remember Tom himself was about that at the start of this season. It`s time for Alex and Kyle to move up into the main body of the team,and they will be under most pressure to succeed.I would certainly keep Kyle,Tom and Alex. I think from the remaining guys, Doyley is a no brainer,if he wants to double up again ( please), and JBM,who I think would be top draw in a full season. Sam has probably talked himself out of a place, and Claus who started like a house on fire, lost a bit of form at the end, but he did have two bad bang ups.One thing you can be sure of is that we will have a competitive team again, watch this space.

Don`t agree with you on this one Barney.I think the secret to a good campaign is solid home form and then pick up what you can away.I think all of our guys this year have all been pretty consistent at our place, hence the unbeaten run.I think wholesale changes would be a mistake. New people will have to be bought in due to the averages as we are well over.You always will be gambling on lower ranked riders improving, that`s why I would go with Tom and a three pointer, remember Tom himself was about that at the start of this season. It`s time for Alex and Kyle to move up into the main body of the team,and they will be under most pressure to succeed.I would certainly keep Kyle,Tom and Alex. I think from the remaining guys, Doyley is a no brainer,if he wants to double up again ( please), and JBM,who I think would be top draw in a full season. Sam has probably talked himself out of a place, and Claus who started like a house on fire, lost a bit of form at the end, but he did have two bad bang ups.One thing you can be sure of is that we will have a competitive team again, watch this space.

To be honest i think that perry will fly next season, he can invest in better equipment and gain new sponsers with the season he's had with us and dudley hes bound ti have picked up some pay packets. If he also has another winter down under then that will help ten fold.