British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

Rebels 2013

i did ask before but no one must have seen it but what average is brady kurtz? supposed to be better than his brother.

I certainly agree with you regarding the home form - can't afford to drop points at home - which is why my teams feature riders like Wethers, Nedermark and Aspegren who have always shown a liking for the OTA, but are capable of scoring away as well, which gives them the nod over Alex Davies for example. Alex reminds me a little of Simon Walker - awesome at home but too inconsistent away.

I have no problem with retaining Tom at reserve, just not with a 3-pointer. One reserve needs to have the potential to average 5+ so that if a second string is going through a lean patch, the reserve can move into the main body of the team instead and allow the struggling rider to regain form through a confidence-boosting spell at reserve. Having 2 reserves starting with below 4.00 averages makes this unlikely, unless, as I said, we can unearth a 'diamond' like Richie Worrall.

Sorry mate imo he is nothing like Simon at all. Alex has many fine away performances under his belt,including a 15 point max up at leicester for young Australia, 8+1 in the play off final the other week. He can be a very tough customer if he gates, and has formed a very good partnership with the skipper.I think he will be a key rider next term. As for Simon, he had two good seasons at home, not sure if that qualifies as "awesome".

My team choice would be.

1. Doyle

2. Davies

3. Monberg

4. Mellgren

5. Hefenbrock

6. Newman

7. Perry/ellis

Not to sure about total average of the team but assuming English riders get a reduction must be close to points limit.

Sorry mate imo he is nothing like Simon at all. Alex has many fine away performances under his belt,including a 15 point max up at leicester for young Australia, 8+1 in the play off final the other week. He can be a very tough customer if he gates, and has formed a very good partnership with the skipper.I think he will be a key rider next term. As for Simon, he had two good seasons at home, not sure if that qualifies as "awesome".

Ok CB, maybe the Simon Walker comparison was a little extreme, but my point remains the same. Alex has been "inconsistent" away from home IMO. 12 at Glasgow, 10 at Berwick, 9's at Leicester, Rye and Scunny, but 0's at Ipswich(x2), Newcastle and Leicester, 2 at Plymouth = inconsistency by my definition.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Alex - he's been a joy to watch at the OTA this year and I'd be more than happy to see him back - but if he could just be more consistent away from home . . . . . . he has the potential to be averaging 7.00 or more.

As for Simon . . . as I remember it, for those couple of years, he WAS an 'awesome' reserve/ no.2, regularly beating the opposition's heat-leaders at the OTA. . . . as I say, 'as I remember'. Unfortunately, I don't remember as much as I used to :cry:

Adam Ellis has signed for a PL club.. Personally I would say Wright out and Ellis in would make us a force home and away next season!

• Like 1

If jason steps up full time next year(has anyone heared anything?) how about ryan fisher joining the rebels

I'd love to see Tom perry and Lewis Kerr at reserve next year. Young British riders who I think are going to have great seasons in 2013 and would love to watch them progress with Kyle newman to go into the main body. He's had a fantastic year. Look forward to seeing our team for 2013!

I'd love to see Tom perry and Lewis Kerr at reserve next year. Young British riders who I think are going to have great seasons in 2013 and would love to watch them progress with Kyle newman to go into the main body. He's had a fantastic year. Look forward to seeing our team for 2013!

Why Kerr not Ellis.. ?

If jason steps up full time next year(has anyone heared anything?) how about ryan fisher joining the rebels

Judging by Doyleys twitter feed he'll be back in 2013

Why Ellis and not Kerr?? Lewis has only been on a bike 5 mins and look how far he's come already! Just think if he was given the chance he would be a great signing. He's proberly only rode a handful of meetings this year and think he's come on leaps and bounds. Riding that much more in the premier league with more meetings and riding against the best my personal opinion is he will be one for the future. We will see.

How long do you think Ellis has been on a bike ? his first meeting was in July, (which he won).

I'm just saying I'd prefere Kerr. Both haven't had long on bikes and both look very promising. Also think you will find that Ellis has sorted a club out for next year and don't think it will be for the rebels.

I thought at first ellis would be ok with perry but its a massive gamble so to with kerr. I would rather have experience at reserve. ie sitera, ksieszak, holder, jackobsen, edberg to think of a few under 4.00 average

I thought at first ellis would be ok with perry but its a massive gamble so to with kerr. I would rather have experience at reserve. ie sitera, ksieszak, holder, jackobsen, edberg to think of a few under 4.00 average

I am afraid that we might end up seeing Holder back... Adam with the right equipment can easily be a heat leader in the PL an a No. 1 in the NL I've watched him ride a few times and he's a breath of fresh air for British speedway!

and that's why British speedway is going nowhere . did you see Sitera this season GIVE THE BRITISH YOUNGSTERS A CHANCE
  • Like 2

Why Ellis and not Kerr?? Lewis has only been on a bike 5 mins and look how far he's come already! Just think if he was given the chance he would be a great signing. He's proberly only rode a handful of meetings this year and think he's come on leaps and bounds. Riding that much more in the premier league with more meetings and riding against the best my personal opinion is he will be one for the future. We will see.

5 minutes? I think that is a slight exaggeration!

He's been around for a few years now (he's 23 now I think) and just has not made the sort of progress he looked capable of when he first transferred over to Speedway.

He's a guy who struggled with a lack of meetings. Riding in the NL alone is not enough for most guys, and the Young Stars had a ridiculous amount of meetings at the end of the season but very few during the spring and summer.

He's just one of a whole host of British riders who need to be riding PL regularly to progress to that next level.

• Like 1