British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigeddiechek

Lee Complin

Most riders take big scalps look at Hall for peterborough in the el a few years back he is a similar rider who only knows one line.

To go with their fairly decent away scores were some diabolical ones i.e i remember him scoring a straight 0 from 4 rides at newport for berwick.

I think he had found his level in the pl... A 7 pointer superb at home and poor away except for the odd meeting.

Thanks to Lee for the service hes given to the club over the past few seasons, very entertaining at home, mainly rubbish away, imagine hes done quite well out of the Berwick promotion. Hopefully they are maybe now going to be able to sign someone on a similar average that can achieve his ave home and away. But then again, its all about that saturday night product isnt it.

The “he could score 4 thing” wasn’t to be taken literally but as always someone takes things a tad too seriously….

To put it another way…

You can also read and see posts where he has turned in riders at Birmingham and Newcastle against guys like Robson, Lemon and Lyons and passed Lindgren from the back at Sheffield.

So he was capable of not only challenging, but pulling of the spectacular, so it suggest an inconsistency in performance.

His away form wasn’t the same as his Berwick form, that’s natural, very few riders score 9.50 averages both home and away, that being said I will take a guy who can score 13 and 15 at home most weeks every time.

Even with his “home/away” spilt, he still turned in paid 16 scores at places like Sheffield and Newcastle this year, 13 at Leicester last year, and 7+ around Rye Ipswich, Edinburgh and Glasgow this season, looking back further there is the 19 at Newport, and a further 15 point maximum to go with that when guesting for Berwick.

That’s before you even go into his early form for Sheffield, some of his performances for Stoke etc.

Its perfectly true to say Lee Complin, at one time or another has scored a barrel load of points and produced rides folks will talk about in 10 years time around most tracks in the country.

How many times you actually seen him ride? Or is this just what your dad tells you? Or what you read on the updates?

• Like 1

Handbags ladies.

Complin is a very entertaining rider, shame to see him retire though he is doing so at his peak. If he'd not retired first time he may well have made it as an Elite League heat leader.

Whenever I saw him at Rye he was gash but round the bigger tracks generally he was box office.

All the best to Lee, you don't have to be a world beater to be a crowd puller.

Handbags ladies.

Complin is a very entertaining rider, shame to see him retire though he is doing so at his peak. If he'd not retired first time he may well have made it as an Elite League heat leader.

Whenever I saw him at Rye he was gash but round the bigger tracks generally he was box office.

All the best to Lee, you don't have to be a world beater to be a crowd puller.

Well said. Lee has been a tremendous rider for berwick during his time with the club. His low scoring away from home was never through lack of effort thats for sure. Around Berwick, very few were better to watch than the skipper

I wish him well in his future endevours.

Well said. Lee has been a tremendous rider for berwick during his time with the club. His low scoring away from home was never through lack of effort thats for sure. Around Berwick, very few were better to watch than the skipper

I wish him well in his future endevours.

e

Every one missing the polnt as usual, 10yrs ago the guy was potential, at Berwick a very entertaining 2nd string. Around Berwick a heat leader, away very much a 2nd string. Someone named the tracks he was good around 2 or 3 aint there anymore Birmingham is now Elite, the last time Lee rode there he scored 1 or2 polnts. He nearly got there,so what I nearly won the lottery, I am still saving up to go to speedway on a Sat night

• Like 2

There's not many riders that get me excited when I look in the programme and see who is in the next race, but you did Lee, a great racer and entertainer, if they all rode like you the stadeiums would be packed; Wish you well for the future.

By the way you never rode for my team (Comets) but I always looked forward to your visits to Derwent Park, you will be a big miss to the sport.

• Like 1

We were spoiled when Lee Complin rode for Stoke, Complin and Barker made a formidable pair. PL heatleader was probably as far as he could afford to go, which was a shame as he could have been up there with the EL 6/7 pointers on the right machinery, IMO.

Memories indeed , Stoke were a joy to watch in those days.

Good luck Lee for your future choices ,

Big loss to the sport, a great entertainer but if he can secure himself a better future for himself elsewhere then who are we to argue against it, getting costs down for teams and riders is vital this winter!

Was one for future until he retired first time round and should have been at least at EL level but never mind ! Good luck with your future Lee.