British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ride n Slide Dayz 2012

Ride N Slide Dayz

Ride 'n' Slide Dayz are pleased to announce their first draft of events for the season, which are as follows:

Saturday 9th March @ King's Lynn

Friday 22nd March @ Arena Essex - THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD-OUT

Now - Sunday 21st April @ Leicester

Friday 10th May @ Arena Essex

Friday 31st May @ Coventry

Sunday 23rd June @ Leicester - THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD-OUT

Friday 12th July @ Arena Essex

Friday 2nd August @ Coventry

Friday 23rd August @ Arena Essex * This event is our Ladies Only Event

Sunday 10th November @ King's Lynn

We are currently awaiting news of availability for both Mildenhall & Plymouth and hope to be able to release these dates very soon.

We also hope to have details of a really exciting new venue that we will be holding a Ride n Slide Day at, which again, we very much hope to confirm soon.

With a full years experience under our belts we feel that we offer a fantastic opportunity for existing fans and speedway newbies alike to get a taste of one of the most extreme forms of motorcycle sport.

At our press launch in mid 2011 all of the journalists from various bike magazines that took part all commented on how difficult they found it when "the guys on the tv make it look so easy !" it has also given existing fans a real insight into just what it takes to get out there and mix it up on a regular basis.

So if you fancy giving it a go, why would you not want to do it on some of the very best tracks in the UK ???

If you are interested then you can contact us via email on info@speedwayridenslidedayz.com or call me, Russell Paine on 07976 424145

So whether you just want to fulfil a lifelong ambition or use it as a testing exercise to see if you want to invest in your own equipment (as now four of our attendees have) that is exactly what we are here for.

Hi, if any ones thinking of giving it a go then these are the people, I went along last march to lakeside, after trying several other so called training schools by November I'd entered the dragons big bash at kings Lynn and scored 11 points!!!

The whole experience from booking to arriving at your venue is amazing, if you could bottle the enthusiasm the whole team have then the world would be a better place!!! Even if you've never sat on a bike before these guys have the time and patience to get your confidence sky high, all of the equipment is top notch and you will honestly feel like your turning out at Cardiff!!!!

If people reading this think I've been paid to write this then I'm afraid your wrong, I'm just a 33 year old life long speedway fan who's living the dream of riding competitive speedway thanks to Russ, Claire and the superb team.

Many thanks guys Rob Muir

hi robbie79 im with you mate its the best set up around. russ and his team are great. they make you feel great from the moment you arrive till last thing at night. nothing is to much , im a 39 year old speedway fan whose been watching it since i was 7, then in september last year having never been on a speedway bike in my life decided i would go out and buy a bike and all the kit , a middle life crisis the wife said, then i spoke to russ over the phone and i couldnt wait to meet him and his team and get to ride the bike. i went to kings lynn on sept 26 2012 and had the time of my life , the thrill and the nerves of taking that 500cc bike out for the first time is something i will never forget, thanks team. the day was great but over so soon, i got home and booked to go to the next one on the 11th november again at kings lynn , this time it was better , guys ladies all are welcome here, if you think i cant go because i will be no good , then stop thinking that and book a place because i promise you it will be 1 of the best days of you life,it does not matter if your the best or worst rider there the team have got the same amount of time for every one there,, i cant wait for sat 9th of march to come round cause i hope to be at kings lynn again . and a big big thanks to russ and all his team and i mean all from the girls booking you in giving kit out and sorting out the riding orders to food and drink, to the first aid guys , the flag man and all the lads on track making it the best speedway experience day ever , see you all soon i hope peter howson

Wow, it's not often i'm speechless, all I can say is a massive thanks to you both for those amazing testimonials, I think it also has a lot to do with the amount of effort both of you put in on the days you rode with us that made it all work so well. When you enjoy and are passionate about what you do, as the the Ride n Slide team are, it makes a great recipe for some cracking days ! Thanks again guys.

Just a quick update to the above fixtures:

Original date of Wednesday 24th April has been moved Sunday 21st April

and our second Leicester date is now Sold-Out.

Both of the above have been updated via edit.

We have been blown away by the response to our events planned so far this saeason with three of them already fully subscribed, these are:

ARENA ESSEX - Friday 22nd March

COVENTRY - Friday 31st May and

LEICESTER - Sunday 23rd June.

We are still awaiting confirmation of availability for our events at both Mildenhall and Plymouth and very much hope to have some news regarding a couple of new venues for RnS Dayz.

Thank you for your interest,

Russ

Hi there, thanks for your posting. We take a maximum of twenty riders at any of our events except Plymouth where we have to limit the number to fifteen as we only have three hours track time there and not four as we usually have.

The '2012' is part of my name on here unfortunately ;o/

Would love to have another go round lakeside!!! Also very intrested in Plymouth too so count me in! Please could you let me know when there are spaces for either/both so i can book up!! Cheers Jon Vernam 07712 877500 :)

Following the Sell-Out Events at Arena Essex last Friday and Coventry & Leicester in May and June respectively, we are now adding two further Sold-Out events to that list.

Our Experience Days at Leicester on Sunday April 21st and Coventry on Friday August 2nd are now fully subscribed. Our apologies to you if you were looking to join us on either of those dates but we have to allocate the twenty places on a first come, first served basis, with the spaces being secured with just a £45 deposit.

We still have limited availability at our Arena Essex events of Friday May 10th and Friday July 12th along with our Ladies Only Day on Friday 23rd August.

We are still awaiting notification of availability from Mildenhall, Plymouth and two further tracks that we will be visiting for the first time this year. Any news on these events will be posted on here as soon as we have confirmed them.

Until then, thank you for your interest.

Russ Paine

We are pleased to announce that the popular monthly Lakeside Hammers Training Schools will resume on Friday 17th May.

These schools are open to anyone and everyone that wishes to take the opportunity of riding one of the countries most technical tracks.

The schools will run from 11am to 3pm with at least two fully licensed Training Instructors present to help you get to grips with the tricky Essex circuit. You can book to join us by contacting either Russell Paine 07976 424145 or Gerald Richter 07973 839056.

We are also very excited to announce that on the evening of the Training Schools (May 17, June 14, July 19, August 16 & Sept 13) we will be hosting an Amateur Series of meetings. These events will be for Development League standard riders and will give them an opportunity to put themselves in the shop window for a National League place. It is also open to those riders who don't have an eye on a team place anywhere but would just like to compete with others at that level. Points will be carried forward from each event with the overall winner securing a lucrative prize.

The evening events will be run in a professional manner, with qualifying heats and finals for all of those taking part and admission for spectators on the evening will be just £5, for anything up to thirty, yes, thirty heats of racing.

To book your place in the series or on an event-by-event basis please contact Russ or Gerald on the above numbers, entry fee for this event is just £35 per meeting with a 7.45pm start.

The Promotion of the Lakeside Hammers believe that the Training Schools and Amateur meetings along with the newly opened Hagon Shocks Academy and Ride n Slide Dayz gives the Club the best opportunity for almost anyone to not only experience the thrill of riding speedway but also the opportunity to progress from taking that first step, to who knows, maybe one day racing for the Club itself.

• Like 1

After a fruitless May for the Dragons Amateur Speedway Club we are looking forward to our first competitive action of the 2013 season at the Norfolk Arena, King's Lynn with a 1pm start. The event is open to members and non-members alike and to all abilities. Also there is the opportunity to practice should you not wish to compete in the event itself. To reserve a place at the event contact Julie Tutton on 07920 002785 or 01633 858899

It is now less than a week until the inaugural Lakeside Hammers Practice/Training School on Friday May 17th. There are still places available to join us at the event where there will be two licensed Training Instructors on hand to give you all the advice and help you will need. Methanol will also be available. To book your place contact either Russell Paine 07976 424145 or Gerald Richter 07973 839056 or if it's a last minute thing just turn up, book-in and ride till you drop !! The price for these events is £45 and full medical cover will be present. Come and join us at one of the top Elite League circuits.

This may be my first trip up norf this year. More cobwebs to blow out! :D

The popularity of our Ride n Slide Dayz continues to blow us away as our fifth event this year at Elite League circuit Arena Essex has now Sold-Out ! The event on Friday September 6th became fully subscribed yesterday and cements its place as the most popular venue for our experience days. We are also very pleased to announce two new dates that have been confirmed this week, we will now be holding events at Mildenhall on Saturday 20th July and at Plymouth on Saturday 21st September. We would like to thank Chris Louis and Ashley Taylor respectively for all of their help in organising theses dates for us, it is very much appreciated and both of these venues proved very popular last season even though we unfortunately lost the Mildenhall event to the weather, despite Michael Lee's very best efforts to 'un-waterlog' the circuit for us. With a July date this year we very much hope to achieve what we were unable to last year. Bookings are now being taken so see our website for details or contact us on 01438 355009 or 07976 424145, thank you.