British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Sheffield (koc 1st Leg)... 11th May @ 8pm

No heat wins by Stead is a shocker.

Good rider, too track dependant, didnt expect much from him there, will get a max at owlerton. Counts for nowt when rest are crap, has proved v bears!

Good rider, too track dependant, didnt expect much from him there, will get a max at owlerton. Counts for nowt when rest are crap, has proved v bears!

Still not expecting to go through, but I'm very tempted to travel up. Looking at the forecast before I leave though.

Still not expecting to go through, but I'm very tempted to travel up. Looking at the forecast before I leave though.

Good job lamberts not riding, id expect a defeat then!, and i suppose nelson will be riding which he should score a few, i think sheffield will be out myself, .

Glad I decided to reverse my decision not to go at 7.45, after the rain delay the racing was fantastic especially from messrs Garrity and Lykke.

The Nelson situation was a strange one, knowing this potentially could have happened we should have had a NL guest on stand by, not ideal but better than no rider.

Well done to the 5 man team, they put in a great performance and I think we'll make it through. The days of being scared to go to Sheffield are long gone.

Stead may get a max but Allen, Garrity, Mellgren and Nelson will all score well at Owlerton. We're likely to use James Sarjeant on Thursday, he's not Lambert perhaps but I'd take him over Koppe and Knight any day of the week. Kasper saw Sheffield last year and I'd expect him to improve on his 2 points from last season.

I reckon we'll take the aggregate win, may even win on the night come Thursday, it'll rest on how well Kasper does IMO.

• Like 1

Len said he only found out Nelson could not ride 20 mins before the start time. What would of happened if it had been a 7pm start ?

You couldn't make it up, is it any wonder many fans are losing interest in Speedway.

On the other hand it seems rather odd that Tyson Nelson should only check on Friday, presumably the date he would set off for the meeting in Ukraine the next day, to check if his visa was available? I know from experience of travel involving the Ukraine and Russia that visas are usually available well before travel dates.

Nothing seems odd where that young lad is concerned

Len said he only found out Nelson could not ride 20 mins before the start time. What would of happened if it had been a 7pm start ?

You couldn't make it up, is it any wonder many fans are losing interest in Speedway.

The link provides the full report of the match and a Rye House comment on Tyson Nelson and his failure to travel to the Ukraine.

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.569.1

five man Silver Ski Rockets team – hit by the last minute suspension of Tyson Nelson – beat both the odds and the weather with a remarkable 52-38 result in the first leg of the Knock-Out Cup Quarter-Final tie against Sheffield.

Following the non-arrival of the necessary visa clearance, Nelson was forced to cancel his trip to the Ukraine to compete in a World U-21 Qualifier the same day as this tie, and was busy warming up his bike in the Hoddesdon pits when word arrived that the FIM had banned him for two days – Saturday and Sunday - for his non-arrival in Chervonograd. If ignored, the suspension would be extended to the rest of the season.

The Silver Ski Rockets were able to cover for the Australian’s enforced absence at virtually zero notice with Rider-Replacement, but having originally planned this facility for the injured Jason Bunyan in the No.2 position, had to leave a blank for the latter’s riding slot, with three of Bunyan’s programmed rides left unmanned and the other filled by a reserve.

Well done and great effort from our 5, glad that those that made it had some decent racing toward the end as the track died out.

Thanks Shadders for the tweets - helped me make it through the wedding.

One more wedding to go and then no obsticles other than Holidays to interrupt my speedway attendance.

Thanks Shadders for the tweets

Wasn't me mate, I didn't go. To say I'm pissed off to miss is an understatement. I'm sure this was a free Saturday when I booked my kids train tickets to come and visit. They didn't wanna go last night, so I was stuck indoors. I'll have to get my speedway fix at Sheffield on Thursday.

A couple of further thoughts on Tyson Nelson's visa problems -

(1) Had he left the United Kingdom for the Ukraine would he have had a problem when seeking re-entry to the UK after what happened in 2012?

(2) How did the FIM know he might be engaged in UK speedway meetings at the time when the WU21 meeting was taking place in Chevnograd? Their ban seems to have been rather swiftly implemented.

(3) Will he get visa clearance to go to Sheffield on Thursday? (Joke!!)

A couple of further thoughts on Tyson Nelson's visa problems -

(1) Had he left the United Kingdom for the Ukraine would he have had a problem when seeking re-entry to the UK after what happened in 2012?

(2) How did the FIM know he might be engaged in UK speedway meetings at the time when the WU21 meeting was taking place in Chevnograd? Their ban seems to have been rather swiftly implemented.

(3) Will he get visa clearance to go to Sheffield on Thursday? (Joke!!)

The FIM action seems a little bit knee jerk on the surface, but I suspect they were monitoring the situation in the Ukraine and informed the BSPA as soon as it was clear Tyson was still in the UK. Either Silver was trying to pull a fast one and was found out, or the BSPA have got it spectacularly wrong. To add insult to injury, Rye House have been hit with a fine for fielding an understrength team, even though they won on the night, something Glasgow escaped on their recent visit to Hoddesdon.

Edited by Shadders

If Rye get hit with an understrength team fine and win the match, then Sheffields team was obviously weaker than ours and should also receive an understrength fine :rofl:

If Rye get hit with an understrength team fine and win the match, then Sheffields team was obviously weaker than ours and should also receive an understrength fine :rofl:

Now I know why MIldenhall went out of business after the 2007 season

Well I think the whole thing stinks! The man at the upper end of the BSPA is a certain Sheffield Official, who was at Rye last night, bet he was on the phone to the other cronies who run the sport in the UK stirring it up as well. Sheffield should have wiped the floor with Rye last night, boy oh boy they were awful. It's about time the sport had a independent body running it. Lovely quote I've read on facebook

Speedway! In 2013 British Speedway is run by a bunch of clowns, yet again who suffers? Yes you've guessed it, the paying public, well the few at rye house who've bothered to turn up. I really do fear for the future of my beloved sport, time for a massive change at the top in Rugby or bye bye Speedway...

• Like 1

Well I think the whole thing stinks! The man at the upper end of the BSPA is a certain Sheffield Official, who was at Rye last night, bet he was on the phone to the other cronies who run the sport in the UK stirring it up as well.

This is the same clown who changed the PL reserve rules mid season in 2006 when MIildenhall and Rye House (Jon Armstrong & Steve Boxall) were benefitting from the rule and Sheffield weren't... The whole BSPA smacks of self interest... Bunch of self serving pea brained idiots (Trying not to swear)