British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

The Bees team has already been declared. At that point it had only 2 doubling up riders. If the others were to double up now that rule would not be broke as at the time of declaration we only had 2 double uppers. It would mean the Bees would not be able to make any team changes without dropping one of the double uppers though.

"....and up to 2 Doubling-Up Riders who must at the time of declaration: a) be in a Premier League’s currently declared 1 – 7..."

Nothing to say they can't subsequently double up!

Just going on what Danny King put in the SS about doubling up he was able to when they dropped Kennet

The Bees team has already been declared. At that point it had only 2 doubling up riders. If the others were to double up now that rule would not be broke as at the time of declaration we only had 2 double uppers. It would mean the Bees would not be able to make any team changes without dropping one of the double uppers though.

"....and up to 2 Doubling-Up Riders who must at the time of declaration: a) be in a Premier Leagues currently declared 1 7..."

Nothing to say they can't subsequently double up!

Is that a Poole interpretation of the rules? :wink:

It may not say it explicitly but I think the sprit of the rule is that you can only have two D/U riders

Edited by Steve0

Is that a Poole interpretation of the rules? :wink:

It may not say it explicitly but I think the sprit of the rule is that you can only have two D/U riders

Yet there is nothing to stop a PL team having all 7 riders doubling up!

Horton has requested more dirt on the track, he says so on press releases and also Blayne has commented on it. I wasnt there last night but it seems it was very dull.

Yes i am sure he has but we all know that mick had know say or control on the track prep.

More blaming the track on Blayne's facebook post last night, I'm getting bored of hearing it, it's the same for the visiting team and they usually seem to ride it with no problems.

We've only done as well as we have this season because we have 2 good reserves, Howarth is great but never available, Andersen has been a bit hit and miss but he will come good as he is a class rider. I think Harris does ok to be fair, the heat leaders have much harder rides under the new format and to be honest Chris is more of a third heat leader these days, he's not of the same class of most of the top two's around the EL. That's no disgrace, I think we should keep him but just recognise the level he is at now.

I think the problem lies at 3 & 4, neither Fisher or Hansen is a heat leader but either of them would usually make a decent second string with the odd duff meeting here and there. We have points to play with so at least one of these 2 should be replaced by someone of genuine 2nd heat leader standard.

The reason people like Rosco & Matt Ford win things is because they are not afraid to make a change when a rider is not performing, I think our management will just plod along with the same under performers and keep trotting out the excuses rather than do something now before the play offs slip away.

I'm no expert on averages but wouldn't we have somewhere around 8 points available to replace one of them? I'm sure someone on here will know the figures! :)

It might seem harsh on Fisher & Hansen but this is a professional sports team, if you're an F1 driver or footballer not doing the business then you'll get dropped. Do we want to be nice guys or do we want to win things??

• Like 3

More blaming the track on Blayne's facebook post last night, I'm getting bored of hearing it, it's the same for the visiting team and they usually seem to ride it with no problems.

We've only done as well as we have this season because we have 2 good reserves, Howarth is great but never available, Andersen has been a bit hit and miss but he will come good as he is a class rider. I think Harris does ok to be fair, the heat leaders have much harder rides under the new format and to be honest Chris is more of a third heat leader these days, he's not of the same class of most of the top two's around the EL. That's no disgrace, I think we should keep him but just recognise the level he is at now.

I think the problem lies at 3 & 4, neither Fisher or Hansen is a heat leader but either of them would usually make a decent second string with the odd duff meeting here and there. We have points to play with so at least one of these 2 should be replaced by someone of genuine 2nd heat leader standard.

The reason people like Rosco & Matt Ford win things is because they are not afraid to make a change when a rider is not performing, I think our management will just plod along with the same under performers and keep trotting out the excuses rather than do something now before the play offs slip away.

I'm no expert on averages but wouldn't we have somewhere around 8 points available to replace one of them? I'm sure someone on here will know the figures! :)

It might seem harsh on Fisher & Hansen but this is a professional sports team, if you're an F1 driver or footballer not doing the business then you'll get dropped. Do we want to be nice guys or do we want to win things??

I think you are spot on when they put more dirt down and they can't handle it they will still moan about the track the team as it is now is not good enough for the play offs Edited by kingbee

I think the following would be the way forward:

1. Andersen

2. Howarth

3. Harris

4. Hansen or Fisher

5. New Heatleader

6. Garrity

7. Sarjeant

I would probably keep Hansen out of the 2 in question because he's better than he's shown so far, I rarely go to away meetings so I've only seen him ride at Brandon and never seen him ride well for us (he was awful on Friday night), but I get the feeling there's more improvement in him than there is Fisher. I guess it would depend on the average of whoever we were bringing in.

As I said before though, I don't think our management are strong enough to make the change we need and we will just plod along in the middle of the table blaming the track.

If we made the change and got the new signing right then I think we would be up there with the best.

• Like 2

Now maybe they can listen to their own riders, who are deafening us all with requests for more dirt on the track! SORT IT OUT!!!!!

That was one of the dullest most depressing nights of speedway 'racing' I've witnessed in a long time.

u should be used to it av in been to Leicester.

mickyp

As it stands EL averages issue 9:

Andersen -8.15

Howarth -4.83

Fisher -5.85

Hansen -5.83

Harris -6.61

Total - 31.27

It would give you 6.58 to replace Fisher, or 0.02 less for Hansen, but there aren't too many choices. Walesek and Kolodziej both fit but aren't likely, Zengota's on 6.15 but I'm not sure how popular he was. You could always try Michael Jepsen Jensen (6.54), but then you'd have to put up with his superfan :o

• Like 1

Yet EVEN more apologetic responses from Horton about he track.

We don't want apologies we want action.

Has the man got any balls, if so he should stand up and do something about it,

All he appears to be doing right now is curling up and letting Sandhu walk all over him.

Won't hold my breath though !

Andersen -8.15

Howarth -4.83

Fisher -5.85

Hansen -5.83

Harris -6.61

Total - 31.27

It would give you 6.58 to replace Fisher, or 0.02 less for Hansen, but there aren't too many choices. Walesek and Kolodziej both fit but aren't likely, Zengota's on 6.15 but I'm not sure how popular he was. You could always try Michael Jepsen Jensen (6.54), but then you'd have to put up with his superfan :o

Hansen drops to 5.00 this week. Meaning Buczkowski, Sundstrom and Larsen all fit for Fisher.

edit > Or maybe he doesn't. As he has nothing to roll on from I assumed he would be the rule does suggest only assessed riders get new averages after 4/4

Edited by SCB

Andersen -8.15

Howarth -4.83

Fisher -5.85

Hansen -5.83

Harris -6.61

Total - 31.27

Hansen drops to 5.00 this week. Meaning Buczkowski, Sundstrom and Larsen all fit for Fisher.

edit > Or maybe he doesn't. As he has nothing to roll on from I assumed he would be the rule does suggest only assessed riders get new averages after 4/4

Thanks for the info, tbh I thought we had a bit more to play with than that, sounds like options could be limited then... Kenni Larsen would be an improvement if indeed he does fit.

Larsen has already said he's a phone call away. I love Fish, but unfortunately it would just be a tough decision. But with Larsen it would lessen the pressure for Harris and he may be a bit better.

Andersen

Howarth

Harris

Hansen

Larsen

Gotta say that does look a lot stronger. Although I think it would break my heart to see Fish go.

• Like 1

Jepsen Jensen not interested in the UK, Same with Kolodziej and Walasek.

and Mick would not sack Fisher, Ryan is without his family and Mick has a heart.

Edited by Liam Gallagher Fan
  • Like 1

Jepsen Jensen not interested in the UK, Same with Kolodziej and Walasek.

and Mick would not sack Fisher, Ryan is without his family and Mick has a heart.

Wouldn't be sacking him completely if he's at Peterborough though would it?

Unfortunately you have to be ruthless and if we have Larsen a phone call away it's an opportunity that cannot and should not be missed