British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Is the heat format remaining the same? If so will we see two races in one? Or rather, even more drawn out races? Anything that helps young British riders develop is to be applauded, just not sure it will work at this level? As for the track debate becoming boring, let's hope the promotion do everything in their powers to ensure that some of the best fans in the country get a much improved level of entertainment.

Brilliant to see the Lions in the EL, the Bees v Lions fixtures will be fun. Majorly upset for Peterborough though hope they will run next year.

Is the heat format remaining the same? If so will we see two races in one? Or rather, even more drawn out races? Anything that helps young British riders develop is to be applauded, just not sure it will work at this level? As for the track debate becoming boring, let's hope the promotion do everything in their powers to ensure that some of the best fans in the country get a much improved level of entertainment.

Lakeside website says the heat format is changing.

Welcome to the elite league!Looks like Leicester will be the stars local derby now, and on a Saturday too, happy days, good luck and looking forward to my first trip.

• Like 1

Format must get changed else we'll see the kind of awful spectacle that we saw in 4's meeting finale with Midland 'Defence' league, NL and Premier league riders appearing in the same race. Though with the BSPA i won't put money on that not being the spectacle we face.

I also hope the level of entertainment is much improved but at least if it isn't (and i doubt it will going on Hemsley telling me the entertainment we saw at the Bees challenge meeting vindicated his track) i will at least now be able to support the Lions away on a more regular basis which will fortunately save me wasting any more of my money on the entertainment currently offered a mile and half from where i live.

Indeed and if Hemsley thinks many Panthers fans will be migrating to Leicester he lives in cloud cuckoo land.

By all accounts there weren't many panthers "fans" attending the showground either.......good track or crap track!

Welcome to the EL Leicester, good to see a new midlands club in the league. :t:

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

By all accounts 16 heat formula .

2 reserve races heats 2 & 11. Apart from that usual formula so reserves schedules to get 5 rides but will ride against the likes of Woffinden.

So with every teams top 5 having to total 32 how about this for Leicester

1. Kenneth Bjerre 8.45

2. Kevin Doolan 3.00

3. Magnus Zetterstrom 4.90

4. Craig Cook 7.40

5. Krzysztof Kasprzak 7.97

6. N/L Draft

7. N/L Draft

Looks pretty solid to me

I took them from BSPA website.

When Doolan was released from Lakeside it said from 1/09/13 his average was 3.00. See link below on the Lakeside team

http://www.speedwaygb.co/issues13/el13_issue_33.pdf

As for Zetterstrom i was a little confused by column c which is absent riders average as i understand is for a rider who missed part of the season so what their average is estimated it would have been if they completed every match ???

So i have gone on actual CMA which is the effective average

Edited by lionking

I agree I'm just surprised we will be racing on a Saturday lets hope there's no GP when Tai and Darcy are due to visit

Clunk !!! That's what it will sound like when the penny drops . Of course there will be no GP when Tai or Darcy are due to visit , The not so Elite league fixture list is written around the GP schedule and the world cup and Poland , so every other week there will be no speedway unless it's on Wednesday .