British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midland Red

Coventry V Birmingham, 28 Mar 14

Track to be immaculate and a comfortable Bees win. One can dream!

Looking at the brummies tonight the Storm would beat them!

Meeting will be on after the track is sorted only for another rain off after 6 races!

• Like 1

Was really looking forward to this meeting.

Now not is the question will this meeting be on but also where will it be on?

Assuming that it's on, a huge win for the Bees

Assuming that it's off, without any more rain falling between now and then, meaning that the track is still a disgrace, and knowing how long Coventry have had to rectify the problems of the last few days, there's a case to be made for a forfeiture of league points and a 28-day ban for the Bees, as Horton has already effectively stated his intention to withdraw the services of his Coventry teams if the track isn't sorted out.

In the mean time however, more rain will come to the rescue, and a "genuine" rain off will be the most likely outcome on Friday.

Edited by The Pedaler

More rain is forecast during the week which could be a problem for getting the track ready in time

I just hope us as fans don't fall victim to a silly argument between the stadium and the promotion.

It's not a play ground and as I see it the stadium, Mick and the BSPA all could have done things differently.. Us as fans missed out on Sunday so do they all want to try and pee us off that little bit more??? Get a grip and move on as how on earth are we going to try and find a new home for the club when we can't even put a meeting on in a stadium we are currently in.

If as I hope it goes ahead, easy bees win.

• Like 1

I'd take the postponment currently as I fear we'd be in for a tonking otherwise.

• Like 1

It's rained during the night and wet now so can't see the track being sorted by Friday even if Horton & Sandhu do sort things out.

One thing we are told is that Sandhu & Horton both love Coventry Bees. Well for the sake of the history & reputation of the bees, plus the fans and riders, they could try and find a way to make it work.

Assuming that it's on, a huge win for the Bees

Yes, that's the way to lift the side. A team talk to end em all. 'Come on lads go out there and get hammered!'

It's rained during the night and wet now so can't see the track being sorted by Friday even if Horton & Sandhu do sort things out.

One thing we are told is that Sandhu & Horton both love Coventry Bees. Well for the sake of the history & reputation of the bees, plus the fans and riders, they could try and find a way to make it work.

You would think they wouldve done a lot of work yesterday to try and sort it out. Today the weather looks poor but the rest of the week looks mainly dry with the odd shower.

so it rained on monday night, any track man worth his salt could get that sorted by friday.

who is right and who is wrong i do not care BUT neither of them are acting like they care about the team

for the record just like CCFC i will not travel to another track.

the supporters have minimal trust in both the stadium owner and the promoter, this latest spat just proves that we are correct in not trusting any of them.

deeds not words!

• Like 4

Track to be immaculate and a comfortable Bees win. One can dream!

So when do we think mick will decide to go and have a look at the track, maybe Friday at 6pm.

So when do we think mick will decide to go and have a look at the track, maybe Friday at 6pm.

Any postponement for this meeting is down to him so im sure he will get regular updates, id be surprised if he, Neil or Blayne didnt go and have a look tomorrow or Thursday. A lot of track work shouldve been done in that time.