British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees V Leicester Lions 18/4/14

Crowd was brilliant against King's Lynn and that was mainly Home Fans

Add to that the fact is Good Friday and I imagine there will be some travelling Leicester fans and the stadium should be packed.

Really looking forward to it, hoping the weather is as lovely as today

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

I'm actually quite surprised considering the history how little interest this meeting seems to be attracting

I'll join in then. I reckon Coventry will struggle and Leicester will easily get a point out of this match. Bees will also be lucky to reach 40 points at Beaumont Park. There's my two predictions but this thread has plenty of life in it yet - watch this space on Saturday morning after the match.

I hope that the Leicester promoter has explained the importance of this and the return match on Saturday to the Leicester Riders! It doesn't matter to me if Leicester do not win any other matches this season as long as they beat the Bees! I well remember as a lad in the 1950's catching a double decker Leicester City Transport bus (one of about 12) to Brandon on a Saturday night and buying hot dogs (with onions) from the man at the back of the banking on the 3rd bend. Delicious! Even more delicious if the Hunters (as they were then) won.

• Like 1

I don't see Leicester coming away with anything on Friday, but I think Coventry should get a point on Saturday. There should be good crowds and atmosphere at both meetings. Hopefully it will be like the Blackbird Road days! - Bring it on.

Just a reminder to season ticket holders from other clubs, you can gain admission for any League meetings at Brandon for £10. Im really looking forward to this, ive never seen a Bees v Leicester league match before.

• Like 1

Will Fisher have enough time to get from Ipswich meeting (2.15 start) to Brandon (7.30 start) for the meeting esp when in heat 1?

Will Fisher have enough time to get from Ipswich meeting (2.15 start) to Brandon (7.30 start) for the meeting esp when in heat 1?

They will hold the meeting up for him like they did barker a few seasons ago.

Ipswich should finish before 4.15 which gives him 3 hours to get here, usually takes 2 hours ish. Hopefully the traffic isnt too bad. Ricky Wells guesting for Simon Stead.

Don`t think it will be a walk over for the Bees as some seem to think. The Lions have one or two riders that can come up with match winning performances, am expecting Doyle, Mads, and Hougard to be a serious threat ,all are capable of double figures plus Stead and Ljung as back up and am thinking a hard meeting for the Bees.......

Edited by dornier

Ricky Wells is in as a guest for stead.

Leicester have riders who usually ride well at Brandon esp Mads, Wells and Patrick.

Hopefully there will be some dirt on the track and we can see the kind of excitement from Hansen we saw against Poole.

I hope that the Leicester promoter has explained the importance of this and the return match on Saturday to the Leicester Riders! It doesn't matter to me if Leicester do not win any other matches this season as long as they beat the Bees! I well remember as a lad in the 1950's catching a double decker Leicester City Transport bus (one of about 12) to Brandon on a Saturday night and buying hot dogs (with onions) from the man at the back of the banking on the 3rd bend. Delicious! Even more delicious if the Hunters (as they were then) won.

Me too but more for the fact I was sitting on the top deck when it got damaged by branches from trees on route. Pretty scary! :lol: No M69 in those days but I can't remember exactly where the incident happened.

Ricky Wells is in as a guest for stead.

Leicester have riders who usually ride well at Brandon esp Mads, Wells and Patrick.

Hopefully there will be some dirt on the track and we can see the kind of excitement from Hansen we saw against Poole.

Where is Simon? I was looking forward to watching him as he's one of my favourite riders. :sad:

I think the last time Wells rode against us we couldn't beat him!

Bees to win by about 6

They will hold the meeting up for him like they did barker a few seasons ago.

If my memory serves me right was that the meeting when Josh Auty accidentally broke the tapes?

I think the last time Wells rode against us we couldn't beat him!

Bees to win by about 6

Thank god we haven't got last years team then.

Me too but more for the fact I was sitting on the top deck when it got damaged by branches from trees on route. Pretty scary! :lol: No M69 in those days but I can't remember exactly where the incident happened.

Where is Simon? I was looking forward to watching him as he's one of my favourite riders. :sad:

You and me both as I think he would go well at Brandon. I believe he is at Redcar with Sheffield