British Speedway Forum
TMW

Leicester V Coventry

Well done Jason Doyle on getting his first full maximum for Leicester against a tidy side. Congratulations to Coventry on their win - good to see Bomber scoring well :)

• Like 4

About 3.5

Yep, 3.48. I would have thought he'd be perfect as a number two somewhere, inflating his average against the reserves and capable of beating second strings and the occasional heat leader. I mentioned Katajisto on the Swindon thread, who would be on 3. He's been flying for Plymouth and also worth a shout.

Well done to Jason Doyle, he looks good to put another point on his average this year.

Edited by Nellie

10pt loss for the Lions. We could do with another 6 riders of Jason calibre. He went like a bat out of hell tonight. Mads was well of the pace so was Stead. Shame about Perry locking up that lost us 2 points in that heat. The rest of them was really History.

All that I said a Bomber I take back he looked in good form tonight. Seemed to be back with it again after a spell being lost in the woods.

Close drawn thing for the first few heats then the Bees just came on to strong.

Hope the money that was raise for Young Max Clegg helps him to build a couple of decent Engines, he really needs to up his game now. The rest of the Lions just don;t seem strong enough to me, they need a couple of better riders to go with Jason to make them look good this year. We may see a few changes before this season ids finished.

• Like 1

Well done to Coventry - I certainly wasn't expecting that without Hansen and Howarth. Pretty boring stuff though with only three passes all night (two of which were in the same race between Garrity and Perry) so I'm glad we didn't waste £28. Even though Bees won I still like to see some close racing.

Well done Jason Doyle on getting his first full maximum for Leicester against a tidy side. Congratulations to Coventry on their win - good to see Bomber scoring well :)

Wait for the queue of people saying that he isn't really an EL number one. :icon_smile_clown:

Good job Doylie.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 2

Great result for the Bees. The whole team contributed and that was the difference between the two teams IMO. Not very exciting as a spectacle, but I doubt any Bees fan travelled down the M69 unhappy. :t: to Max Fricke who rode with plenty of steele, he should be on speed dial for when Kyle is next unavaliable. Fish took a nasty fall in the first but bounced back well, Bomber looked more at ease on the bike and made a couple of good starts. Lawson started poorly but managed a few places.

For the Lions Doyle was awesome, but didn't have sufficient back up.

• Like 1

Well done to Coventry - I certainly wasn't expecting that without Hansen and Howarth. Pretty boring stuff though with only three passes all night (two of which were in the same race between Garrity and Perry) so I'm glad we didn't waste £28. Even though Bees won I still like to see some close racing.

Weren't Garrity's passes down to a mistake by Garrity. Not 100% as i watching on the little screen but it appeared he lost the length of the straight to end up behind both Llung and Perry in the matter of a lap only to re pass Perry as Perry appeared to lock up on the last bend. Mistakes again appeared to be the only way of passing all night although i, equally, may well have been mistaken as i wasn't there. Not sure i saw the pass in heat 14 unless you mean't the one that happened off the first bend Gemini. Not sure i quite see where the track is coming to Elite yet as David Hemsley professed would happen. We're into the season far enough that i would have thought fans are beginning to form an opinion on this, so what's the verdict so far?

Edited by volty

Good meeting. Even if the LIONS lost. Some very good racing. Maybe not that many passes. But I don't go to speedway to see how many pases there are just to watch some good racing and we got it tonight. If we had a decent team to back up Jason Doyle. The lions would be winning far more races than they are now.

Weren't Garrity's passes down to a mistake by Garrity. Not 100% as i watching on the little screen but it appeared he lost the length of the straight to end up behind both Llung and Perry in the matter of a lap only to re pass Perry as Perry appeared to lock up on the last bend. Mistakes again appeared to be the only way of passing all night although i, equally, may well have been mistaken as i wasn't there. Not sure i saw the pass in heat 14 unless you mean't the one that happened off the first bend Gemini. Not sure i quite see where the track is coming to Elite yet as David Hemsley professed would happen. We're into the season far enough that i would have thought fans are beginning to form an opinion on this, so what's the verdict so far?

If anything the racing is even worse than last season. The Elite riders just don't make the same amount of mistakes as in the Premier League and as that is practically the only time anyone can overtake, nearly every race is over by the end of the second bend. The racing is fast and furious and for some that appears to be enough, but it could and should be so much better.

• Like 2

Yes, the passes in heat 12 were just due to mistakes but I was trying to be charitable so counted it as two passes. The heat 14 one I've no idea who did what but I was marking down on my programme if there was an overtake after the first bend so my eyes might have glazed over by then and it was just wishful thinking.

Really enjoyed my first trip to Beaumont Park, thought it was a great little stadium and impressive to see what has been achieved by Leicester Speedway in building it from scratch. The close proximity of the spectating areas to the track reminded me of my happy memories of trips to Trelawny stood at the start/finish line! Although the racing wasn't great in this meeting, the atmosphere generated from the large crowd and being so close to the action definitely added a lot to the meeting and made for an entertaining night out, can't wait for my next visit. Shame that the racing seems to be as bad as I'd heard about though, I hope the promotion can get that sorted and keep builiding up the stadium, as Leicester definitely have a good thing going there I think. The presentation impressed me too - mostly modern music, clear sound system and decent, knowledgeable presenters.

As for the team performances, Doyle was obviously the pick of the Leicester team, Ljung and in particular Doyle were 2 very astute signings for the Lions, would have been quite happy to see Doyle as the Bees number 1 for this year, was always going to be a massive bargain on that average, he'll be on a 9 in no time.

So pleased to see the Bees finally click as a unit from 1-7 and get the result they deserve for their efforts, absolutely solid in the end, although at 6 points down I was struggling to see how a win would be possible, thought we'd be lucky to hold on for a point. Great to see Bomber have a good night again though, along with his later rides on Friday night he appears to have started making some decent starts and it's no surprise to see the points coming his way as a result, he can mix it with the best of them in the first turn if can get there with the pack! As for Fricke, he had some tough heats to start with but kept Skornicki honest in his first one, albeit it ended as a Leicester 5-1, but after that got better and better, he's going to go a long way in the sport I think, can understand the hype about him! The heat 9 Bees 5-1 was a surprise but once again Sarjeant excelled himself and is doing a solid job for a number 7, Garrity finally staying on his bike too in all his races to get the score he's capable of.

• Like 1

Good meeting. Some very good racing. Maybe not that many passes. But I don't go to speedway to see how many pases there are just to watch some good racing and we got it tonight.

Not quite sure how you can say that? To me, it was like watching paint dry. I love the set up there, the stadium, the fans, the presentation (much better than Brandon), the closeness to the racing (again, much better than Brandon) the atmosphere. But that was amongst the most boring, follow-my-leader speedway I have ever seen, on a very cold night. Great Bees win, but we were relieved to get home and do something exciting, like putting the kettle on.

If the promotion got the track sorted for good racing, they'd be onto an absolute winner.

• Like 7

Good meeting. Even if the LIONS lost. Some very good racing. Maybe not that many passes. But I don't go to speedway to see how many pases there are just to watch some good racing and we got it tonight. If we had a decent team to back up Jason Doyle. The lions would be winning far more races than they are now.

I'm well curious to know what your definition of "good racing" is, Weatherwatcher.

Please explain a bit more, if you'd be so kind?

• Like 1

What a bunch of retards speedway fans are.

Says the person that's made 365 posts on a speedway 'fans' forum.

Edited by CB252