British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

15 Metre Penalty / Gate Changes

Not the first time this has been used to change gate positions. As the "Voice of Reason" said, get rid of the 15 metre penalty, replace with reserve, or if it is a reserve then 3 riders only. This will not alter the gate positions, problem solved.

Is there even a problem?

Lakeside got a 5-1.

The only time it would give you an advantage was if you felt gate 2 was the best gate to be off.. and you'd be sacrificing a rider to do it.

Is there even a problem?

Lakeside got a 5-1.

The only time it would give you an advantage was if you felt gate 2 was the best gate to be off.. and you'd be sacrificing a rider to do it.

One race doesn't prove there isn't a problem to solve. You also highlight when it could be an advantage.

One race doesn't prove there isn't a problem to solve. You also highlight when it could be an advantage.

I didn't..

I said there was a 'possible' advantage, negated by handicapping your other rider.

Besides, I haven't got to prove there isn't a problem.. you've claimed there is, let's see your evidence. Let's have a list of all the races where this 'problem' has occurred.

If there is a "problem" is hardly an actual problem. It's a potential tactical move - one of the few left for a team manager to use these days!

Not the first time this has been used to change gate positions. As the "Voice of Reason" said, get rid of the 15 metre penalty, replace with reserve, or if it is a reserve then 3 riders only. This will not alter the gate positions, problem solved.

Or if it was a reserve that offended , bring in a no8, call me old school but having a no 8 is not a bad idea, I would hazard a guess that there will be a "junior " at most tracks most of the time who would relish the chance of maybe getting a few laps in if opportunity were to arise

I didn't..

Oh yes you did. Nearly pantomime season isn't it

Oh yes you did. Nearly pantomime season isn't it

Avoiding the question now.

You've started a thread spouting about a problem...

I've asked for some examples.. let's hear about the meetings that have been effected by this 'problem'.

Firstly, there isn't a problem.

Secondly, there's enough bleating from fans as it is about the quality of riders in a race without reducing it further. The 15 metre option can be exciting.

Seemingly you'd prefer to have one less rider or a rider of lower standard in the race that will likely be tailed off.

Avoiding the question now.

I'm not but I can't be bothered.

I'm not but I can't be bothered.

Of course, you were bothered enough to start a thread about it though.

In other words you can't think of one single example of this 'problem' effecting a meeting. You just decided to have a moan.

Edited by BWitcher

Again, whilst I respect people's views that feel the newer starting system is better than tape-touching, nobody has actually said WHY it's better.

No doubt, I'm not the only person in this thread that remains totally unconvinced.

Of course, you were bothered enough to start a thread about it though.

In other words you can't think of one single example of this 'problem' effecting a meeting. You just decided to have a moan.

No, I just cant be bothered.

Again, whilst I respect people's views that feel the newer starting system is better than tape-touching, nobody has actually said WHY it's better.

No doubt, I'm not the only person in this thread that remains totally unconvinced.

Read the starting Shenanigans thread in the General Discussions section.

Once again this is a case of folk bleating about it being 'better' in the old days when the thing they are bleating about "Time to start a race" is actually better now than it was then.

Read the starting Shenanigans thread in the General Discussions section.

Once again this is a case of folk bleating about it being 'better' in the old days when the thing they are bleating about "Time to start a race" is actually better now than it was then.

I did get told to go on a Motivational Course but couldn't be bothered to get out of bed for that tripe.

Edited by marky

I'm still not bothered. I did get told to go on a Motivational Course but couldn't be bothered to get out of bed for that tripe.

Thanks for the latest update, I see it hasn't changed from the earlier ones.

I was replying to Voice of Reason, but its nice you could be bothered to tell us you're not bothered.. again.

A little tip, it might help, if you really aren't bothered about something, don't read the thread, let alone post!