British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wilsonpaul198

Lions On Sky

Sky have too much control over the way these meetings are run. I know they have schedules to keep but the Track curator should be able to do his job properly. He was not able to grade the track fully until the ambulance was on the track. I think that was the cause of the spills in heat 5. Jason struggled with his bike in the dirt during the 'match race' until he moved inside where the track had been compacted. Also, when Josh damaged the back straight fence it was the sky rep who ok'd the botch repair job not the Clerk of the course.

• Like 1

The crowd was well down on last Saturday nights match against Belle vue. But they made up for it with the noise they made.

Think folks in Leicester and surrounding area's have got used to going on a Saturday. Even the Sky team couldn't draw them out last night.

Was very impresed in the way that the poor Sky roadies packed everything away at the end of the meeting. The spped they did it made them the unsung stars of the Sky team.

Having a different opinion doesn't make anyone a bad fan.

If all a fan does is moan, stay away and moan more then yes that`s a bad fan.

No it doesn't.

We can have a difference of an opinion. I don't mind. I still stand by it tho.

We can have a difference of an opinion. I don't mind. I still stand by it tho.

So do I. No-one is a "bad fan" just because their opinion differs to yours. Those who you collectively describe as "bad fans" have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

• Like 2

So do I. No-one is a "bad fan" just because their opinion differs to yours. Those who you collectively describe as "bad fans" have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

I`m not asking for proof of anything tho. They are still bad fans in my opinion.

Which i`m as entitled to as anyone else. :t:

I`m not asking for proof of anything tho. They are still bad fans in my opinion.

Which i`m as entitled to as anyone else. :t:

I didn't say you were asking. I was telling you.

I didn't say you were asking. I was telling you.

Yes i get it.

Either way my opinion is un-altered.

What a great advert for speedway when the commentators Tatum & Louis + riders etc say you can't pass. We're seeing it with our own eyes. Dreadful track.

I, just like to alter the last word in your post replace track with shape

FTM think you need to get your facts right about Glyn Taylor being a very good trackman before you post! He was asked to leave 4 or 5 tracks because of bad track prep over the years............

I consider my facts to be closer to the truth than your comments can you follow up with the names of the 4 or 5 tracks that have dismissed him and I note this is the second request you have been asked to provide the information or is it hearsay and climbing on the bandwagon in your case

Just to let you know I was a Trackman for over 12 yrs at three top flight tracks also assisting at one other so I do know a bit about what attributes you need for the job .

As there is no Leicester v Eastbourne thread I am going to predict on here that Lewis Blackbird will have 7 rides tonight and score a third of Eastbourne's points.

you were close he had 6 rides and was top scorer with 10 pd 13 but eastie score was 44 so he didn,t get a third of the total

Edited by FTM

Nice to see a decent crown for a Sky match,. The Start Marshall I thought was rather kind to the home team .. I bet the referees will be watching closely at future meetings,.

Yes i get it.

Either way my opinion is un-altered.

All opinions good or bad very important. Only proviso......... Pay the entrance fee each week!!!

• Like 1

Nice to see a decent crown for a Sky match,. The Start Marshall I thought was rather kind to the home team .. I bet the referees will be watching closely at future meetings,.

Do you only ever catch tiddlers?

To be honest, a lot of the meetings I've watched on bet365 (so not selected by sky for tv viewing) have had pretty processional racing, passing only on the first bend and drag race to turn 3, seems it's pretty common nowadays at most UK Speedway venues, not just Leicester......

Sadly, I think you are right, but possibly more of an Elite League problem than Premier and National Leagues?

Never said I was happy with everything!! I am not, and have said it before. All mouth from robert72, he makes a very bold statement and when challenged he hides!! It was a simple question from me and he has run away, instead of backing up what he said. Do you think it is viable or profitable with the current crowed levels? My point is if he knows so much about it then just give me some figures, poss points money, shale costs, staff costs ect.

This is impossible to ascertain, as it of course depends on what the actual overheads are, including any loan repayments and rental costs. As Leicester Speedway Ltd is registered a a small business with exemption from having to make detailed financial accounts returns, there is really only one person who would know the true answer to any of these questions - and i don't see him being willing to divulge anything, do you!!??

• Like 1