British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V Swindon Robins 4th July 2014

Apart from a brief spell it has continued to rain and occasionally heavy, absolutely the right call to postpone.

Edit, Stock Cars are running tomorrow which probably had a bearing on the decision.

Edited by woz01

Apart from a brief spell it has continued to rain and occasionally heavy, absolutely the right call to postpone.

Edit, Stock Cars are running tomorrow which probably had a bearing on the decision.

Wrong call according to Bomber and the riders!

that was at 7pm, has rained a lot since and would have been called off after couple of heats

when do you ever get a accurate weather forecast in Britain

You can mate to be honest. It costs a few quid weekly to subscribe but Gerald Richter (Lakeside's track curator) has it. It literally shows high res. satellite images in 15 minute intervals; outlining not only predicted rain, but how wind velocity and direction is going to affect rain clouds throughout the day, and at specific times. Undoubtedly, the most accurate, real-time updates/forecasting tool I've ever seen - you can literally zoom in to a precise location; not just a locality.

As for the Bees rain off - blimey, that was a late web update wasn't it? I checked before leaving work (in Canley) at 7.15'ish having checked the website - and the skies over Brandon looked pretty clear. That said, not sure what damage the earlier deluge had afforded the track. All I do know is that the late cancellation has undoubtedly cost the Cov Promotion a lot of dollar tonight; and if they could have run the meeting, then I've no doubt that they would have.

Oh well, glad-rags on and off to the boozer earlier than anticipated.

Enjoy your weekend folks.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

To be fair he tweeted that over an hour ago, its still raining and forecast says it will continue till tomorrow. If they waited till start time then we would have had a lot of disgruntled fans, no way would it have got to heat 10.

Coventry as well :D

You shouldnt even waste your time replying. They said later on it would have been called off after 2 heats anyway. Just another pathetic attempt by someone on here to slate Rosco.

• Like 2

Call off was issued on 7pm news half way there, turned round went home. Let me say this WAS the CORRECT decision, would have been called off had they started, give Mick Horton some credit.

• Like 6

Ooops i would save the fuel

And like a fool I went as well, but at least it was only a round trip of around 40 miles for me. The dog wasn't very happy that she didn't even get out of the car. :lol:

.......Stoneylegend.......The Workington Comets supporters club bus is on route to Coventry, as our Somerset fixture is off.

Here's to a good meeting, please keep us updated Incase it's called off. As our hotel is in Somerset, off to rye tommorow.

Thanks.

Such a shame. :neutral: I hope the Workington fans have better luck tomorrow at Rye House.

Edited by Gemini

Weather update: been sunny and breeze all day

Does make me laugh that some Swindon fans were ranting and avoiding this meeting when had 1 rider missing but now they are up for it with a strong guest. Should have enough faith in your top 5.

Coventry are weakened using a fast track rider to Cover one of our top 5 riders but we will still be there supporting and cheering like every week.

Coventry bees are also without Havelick tonight as he has tonsillitis, does anybody know who is standing in for him now Blayne is no longer available due to work commitments?

How would having Blackbird in for the erratic Howarth had weakened you?....and like Coomdog said your idea of a rant is amusing! All irrelevent now of course but to be fair you would had gained an advantage not having Havelock available...... :rofl:

• Like 3

Don`t think its good policy for the team captain to virtually slag off the promotion or who ever he`s blaming in public whether rightly or wrongly, think if he has any concerns he should confront Mick face to face. Proper captains just don`t do these type of things they act in a discreet manner and certainly don`t bite the hand that feeds them ......

Edited by dornier
  • Like 3