British Speedway Forum
TheSmiler

Speedway Promoter Game?

Iv completely no idea what to do to get this game file to run on VM tbh, iv looked and got nowhere, clearly way out of my depth sadly....I only drive a lorry ya know :D

24 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

Iv completely no idea what to do to get this game file to run on VM tbh, iv looked and got nowhere, clearly way out of my depth sadly....I only drive a lorry ya know :D

Where are you getting stuck with it?

19 hours ago, Sp33dy89 said:

Soon as we can find out what most of the data is exactly then updating riders wouldn't be too hard? (I hope)

Yeah i managed to have a look this morning after installing and it seems fairly straightforward :)

The other info i figured out following on from what you found is;

"Peter Carr",6,39,5.1,10.19,0,0

"Rory Schlein",6,17,2,3,0,12

Last number is nationality, 12 being Australian, 0 being English, 21 being Polish etc.

First number (6) is Club ID, 1 being Arena-Essex, 24 being Workington

6 Being Edinburgh in this case.

bvUtsXw.png

Other ID's

26 - Unattached List

28 - Foreign List (all assessed averages)

29 - Retired List

So tested it out using Berwick and also figured you can change the Team names, Year and also change a clubs league and numbers of teams in each league.

hmgSSKh.png

iRMkgIr.png

ILShQKq.png

Date change to March 2020;

menu.png.0e367b27441e7d9c5f32130fbc7b96aa.png

13 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Yeah i managed to have a look this morning after installing and it seems fairly straightforward :)

So we can start looking at recreating a newer database :D

Edited by Sp33dy89
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sp33dy89 said:

Where are you getting stuck with it?

im lost on how I actually run the files? im guessing I need an image.file of some kind to play it through my virtualbox w98 iv got going? But how do I make that vdi??

34 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

im lost on how I actually run the files? im guessing I need an image.file of some kind to play it through my virtualbox w98 iv got going? But how do I make that vdi??

Copy the files from the speedway promoter to the directory I mentioned previously

@Marksman

Where did you find the info about leagues and changing the date?

Wondering whether it possible to reduce the number of teams in a league and add a third league maybe

23 hours ago, MassMarauder said:

Flying Shale - you can only take control of one team, or none, but not all. Which means, the AI will do some weird stuff at some point which does have a an annoying tint on the overall game 

Pretty sure you can control every team on Flying Shale if you want to.

14 minutes ago, Chadster said:

Pretty sure you can control every team on Flying Shale if you want to.

When you start to run a competition you get a choice, pick on team or none. That's it.

1 hour ago, Sp33dy89 said:

Copy the files from the speedway promoter to the directory I mentioned previously

Ok iv copied the files into that gdw2002 folder... but still struggling to do anymore, how do i set the VB up? Im presuming i need to put the game somewhere as some kind of virtual image, but i cant grasp what to do at all? 

3 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

Ok iv copied the files into that gdw2002 folder... but still struggling to do anymore, how do i set the VB up? Im presuming i need to put the game somewhere as some kind of virtual image, but i cant grasp what to do at all? 

I'm currently using virtual machine with windows xp, I'd copied the files into the folder I mentioned and ran the Spe2002.exe 

12 minutes ago, Sp33dy89 said:

I'm currently using virtual machine with windows xp, I'd copied the files into the folder I mentioned and ran the Spe2002.exe 

Ahh im with ya now, im on w10 with a w98 virtual op, im pretty sure im just in need of an image file from that exe.file you mention.... but no idea how you create one

i downloaded an iso.file of ultimate soccer manager and just dropped that file in the drive where the floppy drive and virtual drives are in the setup settings and the cd appeared like it would normally on the w98 start button, and downloaded it and bingo, lots of iso.files of old games and disk.files and tape.files.... but how do you create them? 

3 minutes ago, mrlincolncity said:

Ahh im with ya now, im on w10 with a w98 virtual op, im pretty sure im just in need of an image file from that exe.file you mention.... but no idea how you create one

i downloaded an iso.file of ultimate soccer manager and just dropped that file in the drive where the floppy drive and virtual drives are in the setup settings and the cd appeared like it would normally on the w98 start button, and downloaded it and bingo, lots of iso.files of old games and disk.files and tape.files.... but how do you create them? 

You don't need one for this, myself and others are running it fine as long as you've got the files correct. It doesn't need installing either

2 hours ago, Sp33dy89 said:

@Marksman

Where did you find the info about leagues and changing the date?

Wondering whether it possible to reduce the number of teams in a league and add a third league maybe

The date is in the save game file on line 133 if opened in Notepad++

43 relates to the points limit, i tried editing to 55 for example and it worked!

25 seems to be the number of teams, but doesn't work if you change it, probably will mismatch the code.

The leagues start on line 2085 in the same save game file i.e.;

The 2 at the end of the 2nd line denotes what league that team is in, 1 for EL 2 for PL. The teams are listed in alhabetical order.

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

The date is in the save game file on line 133 if opened in Notepad++

43 relates to the points limit, i tried editing to 55 for example and it worked!

So when you get the editing done and files saved - maybe you could share them :-) ?

I need to learn this VB stuff...

• Like 1