British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Coventry V Lakeside Friday / Lakeside V Coventry Saturday

Well I tried to get there - I left early afternoon expecting a bit of extra traffic as it was a bank holiday weekend, but ended up stuck on the M1 until shortly before 9pm! It would seem that Coventry is another track that I'm cursed to never go to along with Peterborough!

Hopefully the Hammers can get some points to cheer me up! Haha

Poor performance by the Hammers with the Bees under strength team expected us to get at least a point. Watt cannot be fit so should not ride tomorrow hopefully Lewis will ride as he is our best rider round Purfleet and Adam will be fit aswell.

Well what can I say went as a neutral truly awful meeting not a single pass other than when a real bad mistake was made ...won't be going back in a hurry

Well what can I say went as a neutral truly awful meeting not a single pass other than when a real bad mistake was made ...won't be going back in a hurry

It wasn't a classic, but you can only beat what's in front of you. Lakeside were really poor in the second half of the meeting and Bees put in a workmanlike performance despite most of them carrying injuries and generally not being at 100% fitness.

A really good 3 points for Bees.

Not sure why people take notice of the teams on the Updates until at least 30 mins before the meetings. As an Updater myself the teams we put down are a guess unless there's a Press Release with the teams on. They aren't confirmed until the bit what says Teams to be confirmed at the the bottom of the page says Teams Confirmed.

Because 30 minutes before the meeting we are already there so it's too late. :neutral: If only promoters would stop deliberately trying to confuse fans by releasing the teams in alphabetical order so they can't print their own programme there wouldn't be this problem every match. Alternatively cut down on the adverts and other unnecessary fillers and sell a programme for £1 like Scunthorpe manage to do. I'd buy one then. Anyway it gave me something to do at Coventry tonight during all the track grading. :lol: King instead of Watt at 1, Watt instead of King at 3, reserve switch - Perry 6, Morley 7. Reserve switch for Bees - Sarjeant at 6 and Garrity at 7. My programme looked lovely.

Agree with above great effort from the bees who ended up with 5 riders for half the meeting .. Kim and Davey were shocking for lakeside minimum effort of them pair but your right when push came to shove cov really got stuck in and fair play play offs beckon

• Like 1

really enjoyed this meeting and have to say I was a bit worried that we would lose tonight once I knew we would have no facility for MJJ and no guest for Howarth, but I should have known better

Once again the bees dug deep and gave a all round team performance with everybody getting in the points.

You could see that Hansen and esp Garrity were in pain in the pits but they fought hard on the track and that means a lot.

The rider tonight that really impressed me though was Sarjeant who really stepped up and took the Pressure off Garrity. He is getting better every week which is great to see.

I hope Stefan is okay after his crash, he tried really hard tonight.

For the hammers I was very impressed with Lawson who looked very fast and rode more like a number 1. Watt was very off the pace and looks a big worry away from home if lakeside do make the play offs. North was a good choice of guest.

Well done to the depleted bees on another fighting team effort, looking very strong.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 6

How on earth are Coventry allowed to run meetings. A lot of criticism from the riders again tonight and from what I witnessed on Monday night and at the start of the season I have to agree.

What on earth has happened it use to be a brilliant race track.

Lawson, North and the coventry riders had no problems

I attended the meeting with my partner tonight ( thinking it would be very close) and personally was surprised to hear Watt moaning about the track, yes it took a couple of heats to settle but after that there was some good racing and some great performances from all the bees riders and also great contributions from North and Lawson. I hate to say as really like him but Watt looked very low on confidence and if not at the front he gave it very easily. It could be he is still not fit esp after such a short period out but not very fair to blame the track.

Bees are looking very strong both home and away and could be the dark horse in this competition if they get their fixtures fulfilled

lakeside are still not out of the play off hunt yet though, getting exciting

How on earth are Coventry allowed to run meetings. A lot of criticism from the riders again tonight and from what I witnessed on Monday night and at the start of the season I have to agree.

What on earth has happened it use to be a brilliant race track.

still is didn,t see Richard Lawson away team 2nd string Jason Garrity home team res or James Sergeant home team 2nd res have too much trouble getting round it 12/pts 10 pd 14 pts and 13 pts respectively and Bomber Harris been in his sick bed all day runs a last in his first race then gets 11 pd 12 from his other 4 rides Hans ran a bad disinterested last in his first race then he also gets 10 pd 12 from his other 4 rides Kenneth Hansen hasn,t looked at ease in any meeting this year but still got 9 pd 10 the only rider who didn,t benefit was guest Stefan Nielsen who finished up with a trip to hospital not because of the track conditions though the front wheel of his bike collapsed in the third bend due to a loose front spindle Lakeside were very poor apart from the rider I mentioned at the top of my post and Dak North was good value as well

A question I would like answered if possible by someone in the know how can Davey Watt be introduced back into the team after he had been officially replaced by a guest (Danny King) I know he rode in place of Lewis Bridger but surely having been replaced he wasn,t eligible to ride ... Or is it one rule against Cov and special allowances for anyone against us

Andersen said the track needs shaping up from the beginning.

North said its a shame as it used to be his favourite track in England and that Dak used to love riding there. Dak has also said that Coventry have some serious issues to sort out.

Morley said I thought riding in the EL would give him experience on good tracks not rubbish like that.

Watt has said the place is a joke and that Davey cant believe people to watch that crap as the tractors did more laps than the bikes.

The only reason he thinks the tractors did more laps than the bikes in the first 6 races was because of Him moaning his duck off all b****y night thats what comes of racing on a slick trick track thats not coventry,s fault try looking closer to home

still is didn,t see Richard Lawson away team 2nd string Jason Garrity home team res or James Sergeant home team 2nd res have too much trouble getting round it 12/pts 10 pd 14 pts and 13 pts respectively and Bomber Harris been in his sick bed all day runs a last in his first race then gets 11 pd 12 from his other 4 rides Hans ran a bad disinterested last in his first race then he also gets 10 pd 12 from his other 4 rides Kenneth Hansen hasn,t looked at ease in any meeting this year but still got 9 pd 10 the only rider who didn,t benefit was guest Stefan Nielsen who finished up with a trip to hospital not because of the track conditions though the front wheel of his bike collapsed in the third bend due to a loose front spindle Lakeside were very poor apart from the rider I mentioned at the top of my post and Dak North was good value as well

A question I would like answered if possible by someone in the know how can Davey Watt be introduced back into the team after he had been officially replaced by a guest (Danny King) I know he rode in place of Lewis Bridger but surely having been replaced he wasn,t eligible to ride ... Or is it one rule against Cov and special allowances for anyone against us

Not sure. Wouldn't it have to be with Coventry's permission to agree to let him return at short notice?

agree I was very impressed with Lawson, He dialled in and seemed to enjoy the track. The bees riders all attacked it and it produced good racing so not sure why the negative although is mainly from opposing riders.

Tomorrow's meeting could be interesting. I am sure Lakeside will regroup and are strong at home so could return the favour

The only reason he thinks the tractors did more laps than the bikes in the first 6 races was because of Him moaning his duck off all b****y night thats what comes of racing on a slick trick track thats not coventry,s fault try looking closer to home

lot of negativity from the losing side yet bees have been great on it monday and tonight.

Poole, Lakeside, Eastbourne, Belle Vue all have home advantage on tracks which some riders often question, why shouldn't bees now have the same?

• Like 1

I take it the track surface was dodgy again then? What on earth has happened this year, Brandon used to be such a good track..

only riders moaning about the track are the ones that didn't score. track could have been perfect and still watt would have moaned. Morley was against stronger reserves tonight so was always going to struggle a bit. After all this moaning, I am expecting Watt to top score tomorrow then if the track was his only problem.

Are Bridger and Adam back tomorrow?

I take it the track surface was dodgy again then? What on earth has happened this year, Brandon used to be such a good track..

not much wrong tonight but as you were,nt there I consider that well into the meeting when times are usually slower than the first race a consecutive time of 59.8 for hts 11 and 12 being the two fastest times of the night uphold my statement you are of course allowed to make your statement but I think its a tad unfair to comment unless you saw it first hand

• Like 1