British Speedway Forum
Skodaman

Leicester Lions 2015

Sorry, another of my typos: It should be ITK

Oh ok. Didn't know if you had changed the concept of In The Know to........In The Whispers

Maybe at times the supporters where embarrasedd at times. More so when we had all the very poor guest and RR.

Roll on 2015, lets hope we get some good riders next season so that we can really embrace the sport

The Mercury is terrible and I'm glad I don't pay for it but just get it second hand. I only skip through the pages so probably miss loads of their mistakes, but apparently it was an Aylestone Bulldog that killed that poor little girl. Aylestone Bulldog - what the hell is one of them?

Looks like it. Apparently the riders all said their 'Goodbyes' at the last meeting.

The Mercury is terrible and I'm glad I don't pay for it but just get it second hand. I only skip through the pages so probably miss loads of their mistakes, but apparently it was an Aylestone Bulldog that killed that poor little girl. Aylestone Bulldog - what the hell is one of them?

I totally agree Gemini its shocking

They used to use it to wrap chips in but they don't do that these days cos it gives them a strange taste of Bulls**t

As for the Aylestone Bulldog not sure maybe it's a rare breed,as some of the residents in the said area maybe

• Like 1

Interesting comments from the promoter in this week's Speedway Star where he's openly questioning his future. Strangely this is combined with stating how well Leicester Speedway is doing financially and how it's benefited from increased attendances and a much improved quality of racing entertainment (though that last point is the subject of much debate as we all know).

He has a dig at his fellow promoters by suggesting they're not as mature as he is. He also bemoans some of the criticism (presumably from fans?) and unnamed colleagues are accused of "turning and twisting" (wonder who he means?). Finally he complains about "local authority shennanigans" after having on previous occasions proclaimed how supportive they've been. The council's job is to make sure everything is above board with planning conditions adhered to and they are his landlord so they are entitled.

All sounds rather odd.

Actually 5th now. Needs to score 10 from 4 or 13 from 5 and Hans to score 2 less vs Wolves to go 3rd. Hardly a spent force regardless. It's his second highest EL average, only bettered by 2007. This season it's a lot harder than 2007 due to the format. He's scored a lot of bonus points, and riders who score lots of bonus points make the best signings the following season.

It makes his GP performances all the more perplexing.

Are you talking actual 2014 season averages or Green Sheet Rolling or has it become the same now?

I totally agree Gemini its shocking

They used to use it to wrap chips in but they don't do that these days cos it gives them a strange taste of Bulls**t

As for the Aylestone Bulldog not sure maybe it's a rare breed,as some of the residents in the said area maybe

Watch what you are associating with Aylestone as that's the village next to me and where we walk our dogs. :D (Well, on the nature reserve there.) I feel sure The Mercury meant to write American Bulldog but hey ho just one more error to add to all the others.

Are you talking actual 2014 season averages or Green Sheet Rolling or has it become the same now?

Actual 2014 meetings with bonus points. Rolling GSA could show anything! Some riders could potentially have 3 or 4 year old meetings.

Interesting comments from the promoter in this week's Speedway Star where he's openly questioning his future. Strangely this is combined with stating how well Leicester Speedway is doing financially and how it's benefited from increased attendances and a much improved quality of racing entertainment (though that last point is the subject of much debate as we all know).

He has a dig at his fellow promoters by suggesting they're not as mature as he is. He also bemoans some of the criticism (presumably from fans?) and unnamed colleagues are accused of "turning and twisting" (wonder who he means?). Finally he complains about "local authority shennanigans" after having on previous occasions proclaimed how supportive they've been. The council's job is to make sure everything is above board with planning conditions adhered to and they are his landlord so they are entitled.

All sounds rather odd.

According to various dictionaries shennanigans means "Secret or dishonest activity or manoeuvring". What has been going on?

Edited by Happy Hunter

What does he mean about attendances being up by 100%, or 40% or 30%? Compared with what? It's easy to throw unsubstantiated figures in to make it sound impressive, especially if you're thinking of selling the business and are seeking to justify your own high estimate of its value.

• Like 3