British Speedway Forum

If you think that riding badly and dropping points constitutes cheating then Wolves must be cheating in every match they ride in!

Only dropping points to obvious iffy engine failures and dodgy low scoring in one match constitutes cheating, we can just be described as rubbish right now.

At least we can establish the difference.

Swindon, the poor man's Poole. :P:

• Like 1

You definitely have to win more than a couple away. We've raced three less than you at home so all your games in hand are away and then some.

Games???

Only dropping points to obvious iffy engine failures and dodgy low scoring in one match constitutes cheating, we can just be described as rubbish right now.

How you have changed your tune. I had you down as a bloke who was more in favour of Swindon over the years. Seem to recall you wishing Swindon well on many occasions.

Surely you don't think skullduggery doesn't go on with every club in speedway? ( not that I am supporting this dispicable approach for one minute by the way)

Until speedway gets rid of the fact that averages are the integral part of team building and indeed achieving results, this sport will be riddled with misdemeanours.

• Like 1

Until speedway gets rid of the fact that averages are the integral part of team building and indeed achieving results, this sport will be riddled with misdemeanours.

AIN'T that the case...

How you have changed your tune. I had you down as a bloke who was more in favour of Swindon over the years. Seem to recall you wishing Swindon well on many occasions.

Surely you don't think skullduggery doesn't go on with every club in speedway? ( not that I am supporting this dispicable approach for one minute by the way)

I certainly had more respect for the club and supporters over recent seasons but the actions the other week certainly look more dodgy and the very thing that Poole and it's fans get stick for.

I have said often that most clubs try and get away with whatever they can and I'd hate it if it looked like my club was deliberately under performing to try make changes . To bury your head and not see the obvious (again certain Poole fans have been accused of this) is something I detest.

If you believe that all clubs are trying to get away with 'skullduggery' and you find it distasteful then now is the time to say that your club appears no better more so at the moment.

• Like 2

I find it incredible that it happens. And although I wasn't at the recent Swindon meeting when these alleged offences took place, if it is true then I have lost yet more respect for the people that have any influence in the sport.

I would love to see Ward race in Swindon colours (even if it is for a couple of months) but for goodness sake, let it be done with integrity.

Will the UK Visa people take into account Darcy's misdemeanours when considering his application?

Or don't they come into it?

Anyone know the minuatia of Visas?

Will the UK Visa people take into account Darcy's misdemeanours when considering his application?

Or don't they come into it?

Anyone know the minuatia of Visas?

No they won't take it into account. He got a visa before this last episode and that wasn't a problem, so i really don't see why this should be this time.

• Like 1

No they won't take it into account. He got a visa before this last episode and that wasn't a problem, so i really don't see why this should be this time.

As I understand it, his ban from speedway is not a criminal offence, so once he's sorted out his normal visa issues he should be down the pub with Middlo pretty damn soon.. :D

• Like 7

We are Steve Brum's new Poole....funny how having an agenda with any particular poster on here develops into bitterness towards there club... :nono: ;)

the funny thing here is that all the people claiming Batch's 3 e/f's are blatant obviously wasn't there.

I know looking from the outside in, it does look like we did a 'Poole' ... but if you were there you would have seen that in fact it wasn't as obvious as people are making out.

On a track that was so slick, Batch was buzzing round Cook and Masters in one race before pulling up, then to stop racing intentionally coming out the last corner in front with Zagar & Nicholls all over him just doesn't ring right, this is after the race when his engine did go pop... I heard that where I stand by the first corner so with all the alleged shenanigans, for me personally, nothing underhand went on.

So don't jump on the bandwagon and slate Swindon for cheating, dropping points on purpose to shoehorn somebody else in the team... let's give Belle Vue some credit here for out trapping our boys an taking the win, which they thoroughly deserved.

• Like 4

We are Steve Brum's new Poole....funny how having an agenda with any particular poster on here develops into bitterness towards there club... :nono: ;)

Bitter about Swindon? ? Don't make me laugh! :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

the funny thing here is that all the people claiming Batch's 3 e/f's are blatant obviously wasn't there.

I know looking from the outside in, it does look like we did a 'Poole' ... but if you were there you would have seen that in fact it wasn't as obvious as people are making out.

On a track that was so slick, Batch was buzzing round Cook and Masters in one race before pulling up, then to stop racing intentionally coming out the last corner in front with Zagar & Nicholls all over him just doesn't ring right, this is after the race when his engine did go pop... I heard that where I stand by the first corner so with all the alleged shenanigans, for me personally, nothing underhand went on.

So don't jump on the bandwagon and slate Swindon for cheating, dropping points on purpose to shoehorn somebody else in the team... let's give Belle Vue some credit here for out trapping our boys an taking the win, which they thoroughly deserved.

Watched it from the centre-green and couldn't see much wrong...as usual the whingy whiny armchair/keyboard warriors/winkers always look for the negatives. Belle Vue are an excellent outfit.

• Like 2