British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stansolo

Phil Herne

Phil Herne (last time I looked ) Led the Ultimate Brummies speedway hero poll. :approve:

Edited by stansolo

super guy --stayed with the Herne family when in Aus. Lovely people --no wonder he's top of the polls.

Guest philherne

Phil was my hero when I was a kid and in todays world theres not many Phil Hernes about!

Guest Barmy Brummy

Just checked out the new "Brummies " web site Stan, its a great start! I've got loads of past material that you could use? maybe we could have a "memorable match" section? the Eastbourne KO cups 74 spring to mind! especially the race where Big Arthur pulled Neil Middleditch off his bike when he went to shake hands!LOL

I'm the proud owner of a Phil Herne body colour (no. 5) which they had left in the pits at Brandon (81?). Was slightly guilty when a blank jacket was used for the return fixture as they had "lost" the no. 5.

Guest Barmy Brummy

Wow! what team was he riding for then? I have a Sam Ermolenko body colour that I won at Rick Millers Testimonial, its signed by both riders! would you like to do a swap?