British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevethelion

Leicester V Coventry Mon 27th June

After the failure of England to top their group at the Euros, their next match will now be next Monday at 8.00pm, which now clashes with Lions V Bees. Already running the fixture on a week day, which would have had an affect on the attendance, now with the football to contend with, it sees potentially the clubs biggest money making fixture of the season possibly attracting the lowest crowd of the season. Also people who volunteer, stewards, trackstaff etc. might now decide the football is a better option & there might not be enough staff to run the meeting.

• Like 2

Financial suicide putting this fixture on if it competes directly with England Football in a European KO Match !!!

It's bedlam around that area between 5-6pm on a week night outer ring and link to major roads etc plus with half the people rushing back to watch the game it will be even busier. I doubt they'd be anyone there at all (apart from the diehards) to be in the bar later. It would make more sense to change the day.

Edited by bornagainlion

Why don't they ask to move the meeting to 6 o clock and then show the England match in the bar afterwards. ?

How do you think supporters could get there by 6 o'clock and anybody staying for the football would end up with a parking ticket.

• Like 1

How do you think supporters could get there by 6 o'clock and anybody staying for the football would end up with a parking ticket.

Well, the last bit doesn't really matter. Ask SCB for instructions on how to ignore it. :lol:

• Like 2

This will be the first home meeting I will have missed, Inc old Blackbird Rd track for around 10 years!! Missed a home meeting in 1979 due to Chicken Pox!!

My partner is having a operation at the Leicester Royal Infirmary on one of her eyes.... Was still hopefull of being able to make it, but the operation isn't scheduled until 16:15, don't think there's much chance of it being completed and home by 19:00, or I might just make it.......... Oh well, can't be helped.

------------¤¤¤⊙⊙⊙¤¤¤------------

Surely the BSPA/SCB, Leicester Speedway and Coventry Speedway can come to a compromise and re-arrange this fixture for the good of Speedway?

Oh... Maybe not, because Leicester are involved. If it were Poole, it would have been re-arranged after England's 0-0 draw yesterday...

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 2

Rearrange the B fixture at Leicester as well while you're at it as the Bees have no KK and no facility that night. One of three meetings where the Bees will be in that boat, so Lions may get off the foot of the table yet.

• Like 1

Surely the BSPA/SCB, Leicester Speedway and Coventry Speedway can come to a compromise and re-arrange this fixture for the good of Speedway?

Oh... Maybe not, because Leicester are involved. If it were Poole, it would have been re-arranged after England's 0-0 draw yesterday...

Do the BSPA have to be involved or can it be re-arranged between the two teams promoters if everyone agrees? I know David changed a fixture when Leicester City had a match.

Do the BSPA have to be involved or can it be re-arranged between the two teams promoters if everyone agrees? I know David changed a fixture when Leicester City had a match.

Matt Ford proved in the past, as long as the home promoter wnats to changed he can and will. Nothing anyone else can do about it.

Surely, it's madness to run against the England match??

Say you were gonna get 950-1100 for this meeting, if only 100 adults stay away, add the wives, girlfriends, friends and suddenly you're down to 600, maybe 750 tops die hards....

• Like 1

Surely, it's madness to run against the England match??

Say you were gonna get 950-1100 for this meeting, if only 100 adults stay away, add the wives, girlfriends, friends and suddenly you're down to 600, maybe 750 tops die hards....

I think they will be lucky to get 500 there max

Battle for the wooden spoon, Lions to win by 6.

Whats it got to do with hemsley ? hes not a promoter until at least after his appeal .in fact I dont know how they can do a deal between promoters because Leicester haven't got one

Whats it got to do with hemsley ? hes not a promoter until at least after his appeal .in fact I dont know how they can do a deal between promoters because Leicester haven't got one

They have 2, Dave Darcy & Neil Machin.

• Like 1