British Speedway Forum
Mike.Butler

Ipswich Programme Wins Race To The Bottom With Apostrophe Horror Show

Its not just the programme tho, its the overall promotion and not just at chris but those around him, the brand manager put up a video, couldn't read the writing as it changes to the next clip too quickly, said thursday instead of wednesday used words that you shouldn't use in promotion/marketing and so much more

Someone questioned the day and the reply was "its says check the website" but the video said thursday people won't check the web site to see if its on Wednesday when you've told them thursday on the video

Intentions are good but execution was really poor, if I was a big witches fan I'd be worried about who does what behind the scenes

It doesn't sit well with me or look great to new or existing sponsors

It was also factually incorrect in saying 0 to 60 in 3 seconds, faster than a formula 1 car. Okay is sounds good, but a modern formula 1 car can reach 60 in 1.6 seconds, but on average it's about 2.3.

None of that really matters though if the videos attract new customers. Would be interesting to know how many people see these clips and then attend a meeting.

• Like 1

It was posted about 2 hours before the meeting, poor timing, people don't just suddenly decide to go speedway on short notice

Its marketed to people on social media who already follow the club, so already know if they are going or not, altho the video acts as a reminder

How many were there last night estimated?

Shouldn't it be aimed at people that don't go. Just look what Glasgow have been doing to he new customers

I've done a bit of promoting in my time just laughable how some people get it and some don't

I could get 3,000 at foxhall but it wouls be long term gain over short term, does louis want to put the club in the best possible position when he leaves or take the best short term solution?

Short term is the answer which you can't blame him for, he's not responsible for the future of the club after his tenure, and its the same with all promotions across the country hence why the sport will ultimately die 👊👊👊

I've done a bit of promoting in my time just laughable how some people get it and some don't

I could get 3,000 at foxhall but it wouls be long term gain over short term, does louis want to put the club in the best possible position when he leaves or take the best short term solution?

Short term is the answer which you can't blame him for, he's not responsible for the future of the club after his tenure, and its the same with all promotions across the country hence why the sport will ultimately die 👊👊👊

I agree but really hope that a great club like Ipswich survive but it becomes more difficult when those running the sport are so divided. I come from that generation who can relate to a team of riders who you follow but were your team. In my case it was Rayleigh and in those days when Ipswich came calling it was something really special. Similarly Romford, Crayford, Canterbury, Eastbourne with that derby rivalry was something to look forward to but nowadays it seems difficult and for the next generation of supporters to appreciate what has gone before might seem old hat but believe me it is streets ahead of what is served up now. Yes the bikes have changed as has many other aspects but it is simple as a sport. If you are a Witches supporter you will recognise the most recent example Witches versus Stars

I guess it is a case of dream on but something really does need to be decided. It should be so simple four riders, four laps, no brakes and that is it. The rest is frankly detracting from the simplicity.

• Like 1

It is a shame, but the few hundreds that still go to various tracks will soon find something else to do.

Short term is the answer which you can't blame him for, he's not responsible for the future of the club after his tenure, and its the same with all promotions across the country hence why the sport will ultimately die

I think we could all get 3,000 people into Foxhall, just let them in for nothing one week. Lakeside tried it and got a fantastic crowd, but not many (if any) went back for future meetings, it was just loads of us having a free night out, I only went as me and the wife had flown into Luton that Afternoon.

Don't have to let them in for free to get 3,000 at Foxhall but they need to give an incentive to attract people.

Would also require time and a little investment which will pay out over the future years.

I attracted 1500 to my event which is held in a glorified sports hall, tickets were £30-£50 no concession or child rate on average over 3-4 years it was around 1100 still good numbers, I would imagine its similar numbers to foxhall now

It cost me £££ to attract new people before I moved to the glorified sports hall I was doing events out of a corporate function hall which held 450.

The club won't change now unless they try new things, Whats his name the brand guy suckling isn't the answer after seeing his latest attempt at promotion video wise, if he wasn't responsible for the video then apologies, no doubt there is good will and effort there but I'd play centre forward for arsenal with good will and effort but I'm not going to score any goals

I've brought 6 new fans to foxhall this year, 5 only came once, and the other doesn't want to come again after last Thursday's treatment especially after all the money we've spent watching the club this season

Shame as I was getting back into my speedway sort of anyway, I've no burning desire to attend next week at this stage either but we shall see

Thing is Cookie, did your function include people standing / sitting around for 75-90 minutes with nothing happening? As said earlier, all promoters are just hoping to get through one season at a time, but what chance has our sport got when what happened at KL last night will just go away with no punishment, not helped by the fact that most of the idiots who were there will still go back for more.

Well mine was MMA so had about 20-25 fights starting at 6pm finishing at 11pm with two intervals of 15 minutes 😂😂 kings Lynn was an embarrassment to the sport but as you say unless fans don't go then nothing will change

I don't see why we stand around for so long with nothing happening. And they lowe making you stand around even longer when it's cold

Edited by baldyman